1ifeblood Breaks On Through to the Other Side!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So apparently I've had the respiratory flu that everyone gets the flu shot for. I guess I just thought the flu resulted in stomach issues but this chain acts like a really bad cold that takes weeks to fight off and leaves you feeling extremely weak and tired. Perfect timing too some I completely lost out on the last week of my cycle and the 2 weeks following up to PCT which is probably the most important for securing gains. Needless to say, I lost a lot already. My weight has stayed right at 200 but I just look sloppy which in turn has left me feeling a bit depressed (being sick for 3 weeks will have that affect too, I suppose). So, after 3 weeks of fighting this crap I just can't stay out of the gym any longer. I'm just going to go in and see what I can do.

Btw I started PCT today. Dosed 90mg torem. Time to go lift some weights.
Boo...sorry to hear that. I went through it last year. Remember though that simply being sick will have you looking sloppy, even off cycle and also being off you aren't going to have that same full look, healthy or not. I think you'll hang on to more of the actual muscle you gained better than you think. There is always round two to come. :) Take care of yourself!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Boo...sorry to hear that. I went through it last year. Remember though that simply being sick will have you looking sloppy, even off cycle and also being off you aren't going to have that same full look, healthy or not. I think you'll hang on to more of the actual muscle you gained better than you think. There is always round two to come. :) Take care of yourself!
Thanks Class. I guess I'll just have to see where I'm at once I cut back down again.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Sorry to hear that you've been unwell bromi! Don't rush back into it too soon man, I'm sure you'll get back to where you were in no time :)

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never had any respiratory problems, thankfully. I can't imagine what you're going through. Hopefully it all gets better soon big man.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really appreciate all the support! It sucks that I can't be tearing it up in here and showing off some sick noodz (not that kind of sick). I didn't make it into the gym this morning because I took some cold medicine last night to knock myself out. Still woke up a couple times in a coughing fit but was pretty out of it. Man, I think about all the problems my dad has had with respiratory issues and am really hoping I'm not in for that mess. Here's to hoping that I'm over this **** by next week. I can't stand looking at my body in the mirror right now. And tight shirts are less than flattering. *sigh*

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the downfalls brother but you will bounce right back just do what you can and lift. Muscle memory is there now... Just get back to plugging away.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really appreciate all the support! It sucks that I can't be tearing it up in here and showing off some sick noodz (not that kind of sick). I didn't make it into the gym this morning because I took some cold medicine last night to knock myself out. Still woke up a couple times in a coughing fit but was pretty out of it. Man, I think about all the problems my dad has had with respiratory issues and am really hoping I'm not in for that mess. Here's to hoping that I'm over this **** by next week. I can't stand looking at my body in the mirror right now. And tight shirts are less than flattering. *sigh*
Don't be too hard on yourself now! I chuckled a bit at this...typical lifter/bodybuilder mentality.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well today I attempted the gym again. Felt MUCH better! I'm still not 100%, still coughing stuff out of my lungs, but I felt strong anyway. Definitely stronger than I was pre-cycle. Once I get my stamina back and can breathe right, I feel like I'll be able to tear the weights up again.

On another note, a good friend of mine finally decided he was going to start working out with me. He's a big boy but with fairly virgin muscles. Other than a couple months of lifting weights in his basement, he hasn't done much. So it was a good time for him to join because I kept things pretty simple. We did 1 warm up set of each exercise followed with 1x10, 1x8, 1x5 just to get a good feel of where we were at.

Bench Press
Seated Rows
Squats
DB Press
Wide-grip Lat PDs
Calf raises

Poor guy is gonna be sore lol! For that matter I may be as well, but it won't be much because I know I didn't push myself hard. I'm hoping my body gets reacquainted with the weights quickly through this week so that I can get back into some serious lifting next week. But I'll take it a day at a time and make that judgement based on how I feel.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome glad to hear you are feeling better and the gym went better. Those muscles will fill right back up with some training.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another day at the gym. All I can say is that my calves are sore as fock from Monday. I didn't even work them that hard... sheesh! But damn are they tight! Other than that I'm feeling pretty good. We did a little more isolation work with some light weights just to get the blood into sore muscles.

Incline HS Press
High Rows
Leg Press (low and narrow)
-1 set Leg Extensions
DB Lat raises
Reverse Grip Pull down
Leg Curls

Glad i had Stimul8 to get me going! The focus I had in the gym actually allowed me to get more out of my light-weight exercises because I could tune in to the muscle being worked. I'm hoping I can carry this level of focus with me as I start to progress through the weights again because I know I'll see more results. It's probably going to take me another full week before my breathing is back to normal but I should also be back to the strength I had prior to getting sick by that time too. I'm just excited that I can workout again!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Way to get in there and sore calves suck azz!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Things getting a little more intense today... put a little more focus on chest and back with some legs before my energy died. Did 3 sets of 10-15 for each exercise.

DB incline fly
HS Chest press
Reverse machine fly
HS reverse grip row
Standing leg press

I was intending on doing SLDLs but I really had nothing left. I get winded so quickly now. But I'll just keep pushing because that's all I can do.

Snapped a couple pics post workout to give you guys an idea of where I'm at.

2013-12-13 12.34.30.jpg

2013-12-13 12.34.58.jpg

2013-12-13 12.35.55.jpg

Definitely got some work to do. I start week 3 of OCT next week at which point I'll be adding Test Powder and Erase for 4 weeks. After that I'll be done with the cycle and will stay to make the adjustments needed to shed the BF I've put on. I'll have 6 months to get shredded for the summer time and our Florida Vacation. So I can really focus on dropping weight slowly to maintain lbm.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been lurking, of course, waiting for you to get out of that funk. Seems you're well on the way.
Don't sweat the fat or anything. You got sick, for a long time. Shït happens. Remember what your goals were, get your head back into it and reach those goals. We all have trying times, you're doing fine buddy.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I wouldn't sweat the fat gain man, you have a pretty good reason lol, being sick is never easy re diet and being sick on cycle is so much worse. You haven't put on a huge amount of bodyfat and I'm sure once you get out of pct it'll be gone in a short amount of time. Keep pushing brother!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
3-4mo pregnant brah? congrats!
:lol:

j/k .. stop freakin out and just get busy cracking the weights already

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks fellas, I appreciate the support. Yeah, even you snags. ;-) I know what I have to do and have set my mind to doing it. I've been worse than this before so I'm pretty confident that I'll get the results I want. At any rate...I know I'm stronger and have gained lbm so I really can't complain. Sure I could've had better results, but "shoulda", "coulda", "woulda" never got nobody no where (bad grammar intentional). So I'll do what you say and just keep pushing. And like Classy said... There's always round 2. :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Things getting a little more intense today... put a little more focus on chest and back with some legs before my energy died. Did 3 sets of 10-15 for each exercise.

DB incline fly
HS Chest press
Reverse machine fly
HS reverse grip row
Standing leg press

I was intending on doing SLDLs but I really had nothing left. I get winded so quickly now. But I'll just keep pushing because that's all I can do.

Snapped a couple pics post workout to give you guys an idea of where I'm at.

View attachment 93875

View attachment 93876

View attachment 93877

Definitely got some work to do. I start week 3 of OCT next week at which point I'll be adding Test Powder and Erase for 4 weeks. After that I'll be done with the cycle and will stay to make the adjustments needed to shed the BF I've put on. I'll have 6 months to get shredded for the summer time and our Florida Vacation. So I can really focus on dropping weight slowly to maintain lbm.
I see where you are at... the restroom! You don't look bad man nothing you can't fix up. You still look bigger than the beginning!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
is that aluminum foil I see in there for wallpaper?
them Iowans..crazy lads
I think so, maybe it is left over from the Alien invasion in the corn fields in that movie "Signs". They have to protect their thoughts you know.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think so, maybe it is left over from the Alien invasion in the corn fields in that movie "Signs". They have to protect their thoughts you know.
Looks like a cracked mirror to me.. thought perhaps he found it on the side of the road.. after said invasion.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see where you are at... the restroom!
Damn dude... You're good!

is that aluminum foil I see in there for wallpaper?
them Iowans..crazy lads
lol, when we bought the house the walls were a dark brown. Looked like shît... literally! The only thing I could think of to make that texture work was silver... like liquid metal (think terminator 2).

That SO did not really happen, Chris.
Looks like a cracked mirror to me.. thought perhaps he found it on the side of the road.. after said invasion.
I'm telling you guys, it didn't really happen...at least, not that I know of. The Field of Dreams though... Now THAT is real!
What part of florida?
Orlando! Taking the fam to Di'ney!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know all the aliens are in Texas and southern California.

Speaking of aluminum foil have your ever seen that movie "Bugs" talk about a crazy movie.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know all the aliens are in Texas and southern California.

Speaking of aluminum foil have your ever seen that movie "Bugs" talk about a crazy movie.
No but I HAVE seen "Ants" and "A Bug's Life"

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Check it out pretty good yet disturbing It had Ashley Judd and the mothers boyfriend from 8 Mile in it.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like you're back up and at it and judging by the pics looking not as bad you you made it sound. ;) Congrats on the gains, now let's finish this out smoothly.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it's about time for an update in here.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
I just caufht a whiff of your e-pheromones and had to come in here and look what was going on-but no new nudes.

Its like going to a titty bar and the main event called in sick

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay sorry guys. Last week went pretty well in the gym. I'm slowly but surely getting back to where I was prior to being sick. We've been doing full body workouts 3 times a week and I'm really liking it. I'm also in my last week of PCT and I'm actually surprised that I didn't feel it more. I guess it's really hard to tell how much of where I'm at is due to being off cycle or because I was sick for a month. It was really bad timing to get sick for assessment purposes. I can say that I do feel normal finally and am ready to start pushing the envelope once again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well you are still bigger than you were and look better than when you started so sick or not it was a success brother!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to hear you're back to normal again. What is left of PCT, and what are your plans for after?

Also, this is probably difficult to day given the sickness, but do you have any thoughts to post on your specific PCT regime?

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to hear you're back to normal again. What is left of PCT, and what are your plans for after?

Also, this is probably difficult to day given the sickness, but do you have any thoughts to post on your specific PCT regime?
Yeah this is where it's hard because I'm not sure what's exactly happening physically. I was pretty weak going back to the gym after I'd been sick for 4 weeks, but I felt like I bounced back pretty quick. I'm not quite back to where I was but I feel like I'm not far off. I'm not sure I would've lost ANYTHING if my cycle went uninterrupted. My weight has held consistent at 198 with 203 being my heaviest (I did see 205 once but it wasn't the same time/day that I typically weighed myself). So if all I lost was 5 pounds and my strength gets back to where I was prior to getting sick, I'd say it was a successful PCT and cycle overall. I'll definitely be using the setup for future cycles. I will say that I did lose a lot of my stamina/endurance but that's to be expected after a respiratory sickness. So now that I'm 100% again, I get to see how fast I work back up to where I was.

This is the end of week 4 and would've ended torem but I do have a little left so I'm going to continue taking it at 30mg until it's gone.

Off to the gym.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah this is where it's hard because I'm not sure what's exactly happening physically. I was pretty weak going back to the gym after I'd been sick for 4 weeks, but I felt like I bounced back pretty quick. I'm not quite back to where I was but I feel like I'm not far off. I'm not sure I would've lost ANYTHING if my cycle went uninterrupted. My weight has held consistent at 198 with 203 being my heaviest (I did see 205 once but it wasn't the same time/day that I typically weighed myself). So if all I lost was 5 pounds and my strength gets back to where I was prior to getting sick, I'd say it was a successful PCT and cycle overall. I'll definitely be using the setup for future cycles. I will say that I did lose a lot of my stamina/endurance but that's to be expected after a respiratory sickness. So now that I'm 100% again, I get to see how fast I work back up to where I was.

This is the end of week 4 and would've ended torem but I do have a little left so I'm going to continue taking it at 30mg until it's gone.

Off to the gym.
Yeah I figured that it would be difficult to comment much on it. Maybe I missed it but once you are finished with PCT will you be posting post-cycle pics? It would be interesting to compare pre to post, not being on anything for either.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I figured that it would be difficult to comment much on it. Maybe I missed it but once you are finished with PCT will you be posting post-cycle pics? It would be interesting to compare pre to post, not being on anything for either.
Yep I will be. I'll take pics and measurements this Sunday. I was going to calculate how much I improved on my lifts as well.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Happy New Year to my AM family!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep I will be. I'll take pics and measurements this Sunday. I was going to calculate how much I improved on my lifts as well.
Good stuff, looking forward to seeing your progress.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SOunds good brother! I can tell you are still a good bit ahead of where you started at least physique wise.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was a good day, my friends! My strength is up, my intensity is on fire, and my stamina wouldn't stop...I am FINELY feeling like I'm back to where I need to be! Today, my buddy and I checked our 5RMs to have a starting point for 5/3/1 next week. And diet is going to start moving toward the 2500 Kcal range. It's RECOMP time! I think it's safe to say that whatever lean mass I have at this point is mine to keep. As long as my recomp is successful I should be able to hold on to most of it. After I get the specifics set up, I'll put it up for some critiquing some time today. I'm going to be starting out the next 4 weeks with a killer fat loss stack that I won from USPLabs; Compound 20 + OxyElite Pro AF! Aw yeah... shîts about to get real sexy up in hyah!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Today was a good day, my friends! My body is beat up, my butthole's on fire, and my friend just wouldn't stop the pounding...
shîts about to get real sexy up in hyah!
uhhh .. and you call that a GOOD day?
you freakin Iowans are more messed up than I thought

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
uhhh .. and you call that a GOOD day?
you freakin Iowans are more messed up than I thought
YES! That IS a good day! Now get over here and take this corn cob like a man!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was a good day, my friends! My strength is up, my intensity is on fire, and my stamina wouldn't stop...I am FINELY feeling like I'm back to where I need to be! Today, my buddy and I checked our 5RMs to have a starting point for 5/3/1 next week. And diet is going to start moving toward the 2500 Kcal range. It's RECOMP time! I think it's safe to say that whatever lean mass I have at this point is mine to keep. As long as my recomp is successful I should be able to hold on to most of it. After I get the specifics set up, I'll put it up for some critiquing some time today. I'm going to be starting out the next 4 weeks with a killer fat loss stack that I won from USPLabs; Compound 20 + OxyElite Pro AF! Aw yeah... shîts about to get real sexy up in hyah!
Soooo you'll be logging that, right? :D