100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just realized this started on the seventh. I got work to do. Is this actually possible? To go from a max of two/day to 100 straight in 100 days?
The rules are in the 1st post. They do not have to be consecutive. That number of pull-ups just need to be done that day. In sets at once, however.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So it doesnt matter whether they are chin-ups or pull-ups?
Rules in 1st post. You can use any grip so yes, pull-up, chin-up, even false grip if you want (one hand one way and the other the other way like when dead lifting heavy).

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Got mines done today, put in work on the extra extra wide ones

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Rules in 1st post. You can use any grip so yes, pull-up, chin-up, even false grip if you want (one hand one way and the other the other way like when dead lifting heavy).
I was confused because the title of this is the Pull Up challenge.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was confused because the title of this is the Pull Up challenge.
Gotcha. It's easier to just use pull-up instead of saying something like get your fat ass above the bar any way you can challenge..lol
I figure particularly for those who can only do a couple pull-ups that if they can switch it up and get a couple more done that really even though there are some different muscles used or focused on that they are still using the majority of the same muscles and will benefit from the development.
I personally focus more on real pull-ups, but will be mixing it up through out.
\

and I got my 3

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
did my 3 today i dunno if im gonna make it past the 40 mark or so lol

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I think mine will be wide grip today!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i've kept thinking about buying one of these

but my weight:strength ratio has always sucked so pullups were never fun, and i could never do any significant quantity at once. i just have a crappy in doorway one, and damn i'm wishing I had that other one right now

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'll be skipping mine today, I'm not working out in the gym today and thats the only place i have access to do them... i'm thinking of getting one of these so i can do it at home, amazon sells them

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I've got a total gym one I bought from Bed Bath and Beyond for 25 bucks. Not the best, but it def works. Plus I have a playground/jungle gym a couple houses down I can do them at if I'm not at the gym or in the office. Really, since I'm on a military base there really isn't a short of them. /

I've got my 4 for today.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Four!

I have a doorway bar like the above posted pics, but the cheaper version I guess with less "features". Summertime will be good when I go for my bike ride to the park and do some pullups on the jungle gym/monkey bars. Xbox/PS3/Wii seems to keep a lot of kids off of those, and I usually get them all to myself...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i know im late but im in!
Never too late. You just need to "buy" in. Good thing is it's still early and you don't have many to make up.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i just did 20! 80 to go!
You know today was only day 4 right? You only need to do 4 for today 3 for yesterday 2 for tues and 1 for mon.

Read the rules in the first post. It isn't 100 every day

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Did my 4 today and got a friend to buy in for the 10 today. Anyone else that is used to doing standard pulls feel really awkward when trying to do chin up style?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah me. I'm much stronger at pull ups than chin ups.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5 done.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I have not posted the past four days; I have been doing them though. Just did my five (paramedics please, lol......jk)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great song, takes me back in the day.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
5. bleh. i'm doing a super wide grip where my pinkies are off the bar. even 5 is hard.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I'm going on a trip from wisconsin to california and back over spring break. Should be interesting to see the looks on peoples faces when I pull up to a park, get out and do some pulls and get back in and drive away.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going on a trip from wisconsin to california and back over spring break. Should be interesting to see the looks on peoples faces when I pull up to a park, get out and do some pulls and get back in and drive away.
You should photo log yourself doing pull ups across the country in all the states.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
OK I've been sick as hell the last few days..but I couldn't take sitting around anymore. Coffee+V.C to the rescue. Deads x3sets, WG pullups 50x6x2(dammit I hate getting sick) T-barx2 BORx2 GMx2...still working bis just thought I'd post for once lol.
Next week will be better.:bandit: Imma go throw up now.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
got my 5 in for today and made up 4 for yesterday... i'm still in :)

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
im late........but in

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
so i need 25 today right...... cause i just started

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
im gonna smokek this **** :439:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pistolgripump

pistolgripump

Awards
man couldn't get it in yesterday.....made it up to day

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Off to do my 7 right now.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i missed yesterday! don't worry i'm making up for it today!:)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i missed yesterday! don't worry i'm making up for it today!:)
:whip: Integrity...just remember it if you miss a day like day 95..haha

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
:whip: Integrity...just remember it if you miss a day like day 95..haha
lol! I don't have a bar at home so i'll be playing catch up quite a lot :(

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
This is actually pretty fun, and its been helping to stretch out my back. I've been decompressing my spine by doing a close grip chin-up hold, and just hanging there.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
You should photo log yourself doing pull ups across the country in all the states.
Haha got some pics yesterday at a deserted jungle gym at a rest stop in the middle of nowhere Wyoming. Trying to figure out where to stop in Nevada to do some. We're on I-80 toward Reno now, so hopefully another rest stop will suffice.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i'm finding it easier to do pull ups already! wide grip too! :D

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Well I ended up hanging from this huge wooden beam that was part of this picnic table area and cranking out my pulls there. So far so good. Are you guys doing different grips each time or going to switch it every few days?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I ended up hanging from this huge wooden beam that was part of this picnic table area and cranking out my pulls there. So far so good. Are you guys doing different grips each time or going to switch it every few days?
I do what ever my heart desires when ever I get to the bar. My folks live in Wyoming, where did you stop? Where in California are you heading for spring break?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
finished todays it really helps motivate you to go do em.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Done my 7 for the day, with 30 min to spare before midnight, lol. (usually did them first thing in the morning)

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I do what ever my heart desires when ever I get to the bar. My folks live in Wyoming, where did you stop? Where in California are you heading for spring break?
Stopped somewhere near Lusk, on Hwy 18 in Wyo. Traveled through the whole state though, its hard to believe anyone lives there. We saw next to no signs of people, anywhere.

I'm in San Jose right now, visiting family I haven't seen in a while and checking out Cisco with my gf tomorrow. She got an internship for the summer here so we're checking the area out.