100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait for the burpees! or can I...

Got all of my pull ups done today. Lately I have been rotating from wide grip to chin ups to regular grip pull ups. Today was wide grip and they were a ton harder than the other too... by far

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Just wanted to say thanks for the advice on buying a home pullup bar.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
I haven't gone to buy it yet, but I'll let you know.

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
im late on this but definitely gonna join in..sounds too good!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
103 today. i done 10 last night haha.

slight doms in my bi's most days now lol :/

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUxADCsPV8s"]YouTube - WHITESNAKE-HERE I GO AGAIN[/nomedia]

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I did 20 today.

my hands are totally torn up from deadlift. couldnt really do any.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
yea.. the more u put out, the better i will roll! i like the burpee idea.. u know i really havnt done burpees. Push ups and pull ups im starting to get into. But like everything i gotta crawl before i walk. if any 1 wanna do some side bets on pushups before burpee's let me know i'll roll with ya. But when burpee come out then we roll on that.

Good to see action and people getting Down. Lets keep it rockin

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
this just keeps getting better and better....

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Got mine in yesterday. 103, arms are pretty sore today. last 30 or so were a struggle. today should be easier! I'll mix them in when i do my dips for chest :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I'm officially caught up. Want to know how I did it? No, you probably don't but here it is anyways...

Ten rounds for time of:
3 Weighted Pull-ups, 45 pounds
5 Strict Pull-ups
7 Kipping Pull-up

For weighted pull-ups place a 45 pound dumbbell between the legs above crossed ankles and jettison the dumbbell after third rep and continue with strict pull-ups and then the kipping pull-ups. Coming off the bar or going to ground constitutes termination of a set.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I managed 4 wide grip today (i could only manage 2 last week)

Aimming for 10 in a row by the end of this.

But other than that i'm just doing close grip palms facing towards me pull ups. Hits my bi's and lats good.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
I like the idea of a push up challenge and then followed by a pistol squat challenge...:dunno:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pistol squats are def a goat of mine

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
I have gained so much since we started this. Last few days I have done 3 sets of 5 wide grips, that is an improvement for me.

I messed my lower back up on Monday while I was tumbling, so working out has been a [email protected] it doesn't get better soon, I may be bowing out. I hope some rest will do it good, though!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
60 today right?
Wednesday, May 06, 2009 = 59
Thursday, May 07, 2009 = 60
Friday, May 08, 2009 = 61
Saturday, May 09, 2009 = 62

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
so i'm away to do 160 lol

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Catch up time :( 155 to do today lol

wide grip getting a lot easier to do!

i didn't realise how creepy the park was at 3am, found a nice frame to do my pull ups on, rings too

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I won't lie, it's a chore to keep up with these now.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i done 100 yesterday. 129 today to do lol

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i best get myself down to the play park or i'll have 134 to do come tuesday morning :(

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I'm afraid it looks like I'm out. At least I made it over halfway. That's like a passing grade in high school. :p

I'm 7 days behind and counting. I'm just not recovering fast enough when done every day. I'm going to somewhat continue doing chins on a regular basis, but I won't be doing them everyday.

I did hit 30 reps in a row which blew away my PR, so they definitely helped. Hey, if I do the 50 day challenge twice, does that count? :p

Best of luck to the rest of you still hanging in there!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I'm afraid it looks like I'm out. At least I made it over halfway. That's like a passing grade in high school. :p

I'm 7 days behind and counting. I'm just not recovering fast enough when done every day. I'm going to somewhat continue doing chins on a regular basis, but I won't be doing them everyday.

I did hit 30 reps in a row which blew away my PR, so they definitely helped. Hey, if I do the 50 day challenge twice, does that count? :p

eat and sleep more and you'll be fine lol.

I'm playing catch up most days now, but getting too 100 in 1 day is getting easier.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Please, go for it. I actually would really love to hear how someone does by going to 50 then starting back over at 1 up to 50 again. I would ask you keep posting and maybe give a final summation. It would help to provide a perspective on whether 100 day challenge is really too much in regards to CNS burnout and if a double 50 day totaling 100 days would work better. It could help build a person up and just when they start to over train bring it back down for a good recovery and slow ramp up again. Cause I will admit I'm still loving the challenge, but it is a chore now.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
yep it's def becoming a chore, but it is a chore that I really enjoy. I love doing my pull ups and the only time that I'm sore is after a day when I was doing weighted chins during my previous workout.

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
I am still keeping up with pullups on my own, but I got so far behind last week (200+ reps) because of my injury that it's just a pain in the butt to try to catch up. That bothers me that I have to dip out because I was trying to finish for the girls, but it was getting brutal trying to keep up.

For those of you that are still in it, you guys are awesome, keep it up!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I love pull ups but each time I get to that bar I keep asking myself what I got myslef into. Especially because the tendon or nerve in my left shoulder keeps bothering me off and on.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
just done 113 in about 30mins. damn it was getting hard after 70

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i'm slipping. I've got thurs/fri/sat to do :(

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i'm slipping. I've got thurs/fri/sat to do :(
Don't do it man, don't you dare.

you don't want to fall to far behind

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Don't do it man, don't you dare.

you don't want to fall to far behind
i managed 10 today, beasted myself during chest and had nothing left in me lol. I'll see if i can get some done on the cage at work tonight :)

i'll catch up tomorrow and monday though. off work all day monday so i should be ok. I have been thinking about just stopping but i'ev gotten this far. We'll be on 70 soon!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
1. futurepilot
2. ozarkaBRAND
3. DormantFiber
4. p00ndawg
5. TheLastRonin
6. EasyEJL
7. WhatsaRoid?
8. brugalou
9. suncloud
10. pistolgripump
11. Chub
12. ABNRanger
13. macedaddy
14. GMG760
15. Sunder
16. jdg487
17. Broadway
18. wearedbleedblue
19. Graglor
20. luisfershredd
21. jumpshot903
22. Swoldierboy
23. thaOrleanyte
24. scottedont
25. madds87
26. mixedup
27. DreamOfWeight
28. littlejeni
29: copycat

ok so who out of the list above is still in on day 70? :)

i'm off to play catch up. 264 to go :(

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
c'mon guys wheres the updates!

didn't manage to catch up yesterday, got some done.

196 to go tonight lol

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i'm still here, but dunno for how much longer. i've really been dealing with some left shoulder issues. i think it may be over use.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i can not be arsed! i just can't get time to get them in! i'm away to do some now, its 1am :(

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I'm out

I'm just not finding the time to do them, i didn't have a bar at home so it just made it a lot harder. If i had a bar at home i think it would just be a breeze.

But now i'm going to change it up and go wide grip, starting from day 1 again. I'm crap at wide grip pull ups so i'd like to improve them. i'll try 50 days of that :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm out

I'm just not finding the time to do them, i didn't have a bar at home so it just made it a lot harder. If i had a bar at home i think it would just be a breeze.

But now i'm going to change it up and go wide grip, starting from day 1 again. I'm crap at wide grip pull ups so i'd like to improve them. i'll try 50 days of that :)
Well, keep us posted in here

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
lol definitely too late for me to play catch up from day 1 :D can't say i havent considered it though. keep up the great work everyone!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
81 today...
I'm out. I really don't want to admit it, but I am. I started to get some real pain in my left shoulder along with some other sh*t in my life. I haven't done much of anything lately. :(