Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Unless Scrooge strikes. Then no Christmas :(

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I understand they are still tying to get caught up from Black Friday and even the webguy is busy packing boxes. :( I will try to get this added to the site today.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ready and waiting!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
New class
PeptoPro® ushers in a new drinks category onto the sports drinks and soft drinks market. Normal sports drinks covered only three of the four elements: water for rehydration, glucose and/or electrolytes. PeptoPro® now finally adds protein in dissolvable form. Active peptides, which together with carbohydrates raise the concentration of insulin and supply the building blocks required for muscle recovery. The result: faster muscle refuelling and energy recovery. Comparison of protein sources
Proteins can be obtained from food such as meat and fish, soya, wheat, peas, potatoes and rice. 80% of the milk protein consists of casein, which settles when the milk is acidified. The remaining liquid contains whey proteins, which are water soluble (but not clear).
Here are the different sources of protein supplements with their advantages and drawbacks:
  • Whey protein. Milk proteins like whey or casein sometimes cause cow-milk allergies, and whey protein in higher doses can lead to digestive problems like flatulence and diarrhoea. The solution of whey protein in water is not clear unless the big proteins have been strained off or partially hydrolysed. Some people have problems in digesting complete whey protein.
  • Intact proteins are not easily digested and are therefore not usable during or before sports activities. Also, they do not increase the insulin level during the recovery phase.
  • Amino acids did not obtain GRAS classification (Generally Recognised As Safe) in the US and are not allowed for use in food production in Europe. They are unstable in drinks and react with sugar (so-called Maillard reaction). And finally, they raise the osmolality of the drinks, which leads to poorer sugar, water and mineral absorption.
  • Peptides obtained by ‘classic’ hydrolysis are extremely bitter, are absorbed slower, and can cause some allergic reactions and have no or only a low effect on raising the insulin level after exercise
  • The di- and tripeptides in PeptoPro® are completely water soluble. They form a clear and stable solution, which is not bitter. They are quickly absorbed by the body and stimulate insulin production. They are hypoallergenic, and were thoroughly tested during the Athens Olympic Games in 2004.
  • Country of Origin: Sweden.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For a low-carber like you man - pepto-pro is the shiz-nit. :)
For anyone it is this ****..haha

I just picked up 8lbs of pepto. If this stuff ever comes out, I will be super charging it with MO PEPTO! :)

geneticcode

geneticcode

Awards
Nutraplanet must really not want my money! I'm buying strive from wherever gets it first and it's looking like nutraplanet a little less each day. Come on, it's been a week! Quit dragging your feet and put it up already!

laforge86

Awards
Strive is in stock at bestpricenutrition for $44.95. I ordered Cherry Limeaid! I used discount code 5for75 for 5% off $75 or more :)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Strive is in stock at bestpricenutrition for $44.95. I ordered Cherry Limeaid! I used discount code 5for75 for 5% off $75 or more :)
Looks like NP missed the boat..haha

Kinda sucks to see it priced this high. I was hoping it would be a bit more competitive.

laforge86

Awards
It's 40 servings, so price isn't too bad comparatively to what's out there. Size on precontest is $44.95 for 24 servings on NP.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's 40 servings, so price isn't too bad comparatively to what's out there. Size on precontest is $44.95 for 24 servings on NP.
Eh. SO is like $27 everywhere else..lol

Intrabolic is 40 servings and $15 cheaper.

Just saying, I was hoping it would be a bit cheaper. It is what it is though, I am not complaining.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind that when most stores order a new product, they do not order a large amount in case it does not sell, so therefore they are not getting the top volume discount.

As stores start to increase their order size, the cost should go down a considerable amount.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Picked up mine today. Pricey but like custom said, with time hopefully it will come down.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
who actually has it in stock ready to ship. I ordered from one place that said in stock, ships in 1-2 days. It has been 3 days and they are saying omega has not shipped them their supply

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
who actually has it in stock ready to ship. I ordered from one place that said in stock, ships in 1-2 days. It has been 3 days and they are saying omega has not shipped them their supply
Did you go into Orbit for it?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same here...guess I will see what comes then.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Same here...guess I will see what comes then.
they just told me that fedex had not run there yet, if it comes today it will go out tomorrow(sat)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just ordered mine today and it is still processing.

geneticcode

geneticcode

Awards
I just ordered one of each flavor from bestpricenutrition. I hope they are quick to ship.

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
I was expected worse to be honest... $1-$2 a workout for a product that truly isn't skimping on quality is pretty good. Should have a stock of Modern BCAA on the way, but will definitely try this out in the near future. Here's hoping it's a hit and we see some price drops :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I am purchasing some tonight..the price point is solid IMHO :D

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very interested to try this in the future.

Question:

Are the 9g of protein listed in the label the 5g of BCAAs and 4g PeptoPro? I only ask, because looking at the label, that would be the logical explanation, but I was under the impression that companies couldn't list BCAAs as calories (even though they are).

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
mine is on the way, will probably pick up the othere flavor this week

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Question:

Are the 9g of protein listed in the label the 5g of BCAAs and 4g PeptoPro? I only ask, because looking at the label, that would be the logical explanation, but I was under the impression that companies couldn't list BCAAs as calories (even though they are).
Yes I believe is the case. I believe Matpal has stated he believed they were supposed to be listed as calories (saw on another forum) but it could change on the label in the future.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I believe is the case. I believe Matpal has stated he believed they were supposed to be listed as calories (saw on another forum) but it could change on the label in the future.
Yeah, trying to figure this stuff out has been such a pain lol.

I know if it's a constant in your diet, it's no big deal, but it's still nice to know for counting's sake just exactly how much of everything you're taking in. It makes me curious about proteins, in particular, with added free form aminos or those that aren't specifically disclosed. So annoying to decipher.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nutra is only a week late. Atleast they have a better price.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established

Question:

FDA did stipulate that free form BCAA's be listed in calorie and protein totals.

Apparently, that has changed and we are no longer supposed to do that. So the next run of labels will have this corrected and only showing the PeptoPro accounting towards calories and protein count.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Custom, 2 scoops intra ok to do? Directions have the option of 1 intra and 1 post but I just want to do 2 intra.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks...now it just needs to get here.