Maintenance Calories

Inzah Dude

Awards
Isn't there a number you can multipy your bodyweight by to find out how many calories you need to maintain your bodyweight? I know it is different because of metabolism and all that but i just want a general number to start off with. Thanks.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Uh oh. Have you never seen YJ's thread at bb.com? Maybe he'll be kind enough to post the formula again.

Inzah Dude

Awards
No, I havn't seen it. Do you have a link to it or anything? If not, could you please help me out YellowJacket? Thanks.

Inzah Dude

Awards
That works for everyone regardless of how fast your metabolism is? I thought it was different for everyone?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
That works for everyone regardless of how fast your metabolism is? I thought it was different for everyone?
It takes into consideration your thermic food effect, and yes it is different for everyone. Theres not 1 single number accurate enough to multiply your weight by to get your maintainence calories. Some people use 15, but like you said, its different for everyone so 15 isnt an ideal number for everyone.

Inzah Dude

Awards
Ok. Whats this thermic food affect thing that your talking about?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Ok. Whats this thermic food affect thing that your talking about?
Go read the thread man, I explain it all there, but in short its the thermic effect food has on your body (spices, etc. anything to speed up your metabolism)

Inzah Dude

Awards
K I tried to figure it all out. I think I did it right. I am 14. Height- 162.56 cm. weight - 86.36 kg. It says I need 3245.1078 calories to maintain my bodyweight. Does that sound right?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
K I tried to figure it all out. I think I did it right. I am 14. Height- 162.56 cm. weight - 86.36 kg. It says I need 3245.1078 calories to maintain my bodyweight. Does that sound right?
So you're 5'3 190? and 14 years old?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Nobody's pokin fun, guy. If you need help, we're here

Inzah Dude

Awards
Nobody's pokin fun, guy. If you need help, we're here
Ya, I know. I was just messing around.

**Easy with the posts killer....take personal questions to the PM system man...YJ**