Anyone use Rice/Almond/Any other "milk"?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I had my whey shake with Rice milk today. It wasn't bad. I have drank rice and soy milk off and on for years. I bought my first almond milk today as well. Just curious if others use this?

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
rice milk is aight. fuckin grew up on both soy and dairy, though oddly soy (liquid milk, not powdered protein, go figure) tends to upset my stomach pretty badly now. never tried almond milk, is it good? sounds pretty good... is it? huh? :D

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Soy all my life. Actually prefer it to milk(asian style that is, the kind at a regular supermarket is made to taste similar to milk).

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Not sure why anyone would use rice milk unless its just for flavor. No real protein in their and tastes like #@* to me. My aunt always had it in her house because of her GERT, and unfortunately was not one I would consider physically fit. Looked like those rice milk carbs got to her....

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use rice milk in my shakes, mixes pretty good.. Plus, the vitamin content makes up for the lack of proteins.. Here's the run-down of the brand I use daily:

Per 8oz.
Calories= 130
Total fat= 2g
saturated fat= 0g
Cholesterol= 0mg
Sodium= 90mg.
Carbohydrates= 28g.
sugars= 12g.
Protein('Doh!)= 1g. :(

Well, in two scoops of Muscle Milk, that 1g is not of importance anywhoo.. ;)

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I like Rice milk Pete. I also really like Almond milk.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used Westsoy organic soy milk for years after reading that it had a nearly miraculous healing effect on the prostate. Rice and almond etc are not reputed to do this. Unique to soy. I used it every day for 5-6 years in place of milk on cereal, etc. The organic I used had 1/4 the normal gms of carbs and was unsweetened (bland). Had a good friend in Cleveland 10 years ago tell me soy milk shrunk his enlarged prostate rather quickly.

Just one of the things I gave up when I cracked down hard on my diet. ;)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
hey, can u guys tell me where i can find this "magic milk" at?:D

on a more stupid note, the other day i forgot to cook my meals in advance cuz i was busy, and was a whole meal short. so i just said funk it, and in place of that 1 meal, i drank a half-gallon of whole milk. this was in like 20-25 minutes.

1 half-gallon of whole milk is:

protein: 64g
carbs: 96g
fat: 64g

total cals: 1216

Sean

Awards
Originally posted by Jergo
hey, can u guys tell me where i can find this "magic milk" at?:D

on a more stupid note, the other day i forgot to cook my meals in advance cuz i was busy, and was a whole meal short. so i just said funk it, and in place of that 1 meal, i drank a half-gallon of whole milk. this was in like 20-25 minutes.

1 half-gallon of whole milk is:

protein: 64g
carbs: 96g
fat: 64g

total cals: 1216

I hope you were bulking. :D

I love almond milk myself, but the crap they sell around here's all sweetened. :(

itsmeman

Awards
What about protein powder and cooked rice in water, any good?