Making a weight loss plan

Drigger98

Awards
Hi Guys,
Been following forums for a while now but only made a post myself.

I am a 20 year old male currently weighing at 198lbs.
I've put on approximately 15lbs over the last 6 months due to an office job.

I'm an ex boxer so not really used to be this overweight. Being 5ft10 I've always been between 169 and 185 pounds (including when I've gained abit of weight).

I want to start a training/diet plan to get myself down to 165 pounds over next couple of months. Never really counted my calories or had planned meals so will need a hand with this!

I've bought some Cardarine recently so include this is any recommendations please ! thank you!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What is your current eating and training regime like currently?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is your current eating and training regime like currently?
This. Trying to drop that weight will be all about your diet and gradual caloric deficit over a period of a time.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the forum. If it took 6 months to put on the weight, I would give yourself the same amount of time to lose it. If you aim to lose 30lbs in a few months you may be disappointed with the speed of your progress. It will take as much or more time to lose the weight than it did to gain it.

A few questions:
1. How many days per week are you lifting? If you aren't lifting, how many days could you give to working out?
2. Are you doing any cardio?
3. Have you determined your calories and macros?

Cardarine is a good start, but don't rely on a supplement to make the progress for you. I would hold off on supplements for now and learn more about dieting and training. Once you begin to lose some weight and plateau, you could consider adding in cardarine and possibly a thermogenic product like FitMax

Glow

Awards
Thanks Drigger, it is good you are on Cardarine; researches have given it a clean bill of health and is a great drug for anyone who wants to fit in a fitness program. In fact, cardarine is believed to be the best when it comes to endurance. It is ideal for people struggling with obesity and helps reverse heart health.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks Drigger, it is good you are on Cardarine; researches have given it a clean bill of health and is a great drug for anyone who wants to fit in a fitness program. In fact, cardarine is believed to be the best when it comes to endurance. It is ideal for people struggling with obesity and helps reverse heart health.
This simply isn’t true.......

I personally use GW but you can’t state it’s been given a clean bill of health bro. There is a lot of unknowns and two of the biggest drug companies in the world dropped research into it because of some potential links to cancer. Other research done in vitro suggests it may prevent cancer.

Quite simply we do not know for sure. Their certainly does seem to be endurance benefits and many note a positive effect on lipids. Like I say, I personally use it myself having after I evaluated the research and decided the risks were acceptable to me.....but this isn’t the sort of site where we just make incorrect statements like yours.

OP - john.patterson is exactly right. Supplements will be a very small part of the picture and quite honestly at 20yrs old (assuming you don’t have any medical issues) your natural hormonal balance make it ideal for adding/maintaining your lean mass whilst losing fat.

Track calorie and macro intake using MyFitnessPal or similar, create a small deficit that sees you losing approx 2lbs a week and keep your protein up at 1-1.5g per lb bodyweight.

In the gym just hit the big compound lifts with good intensity and you’ll get the results you want prettt quick.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would listen to John.Patterson and Whisky. Both have solid advice.

My personal opinion on this, to echo those two, is that losing 30 pounds even in 3 months will take extreme measures that are not necessary.

10 pounds a month of actual fat loss will equate to a definite of almost 1,200 calories a day on average....in theory. Add to this the fact that your actual weight loss often seems much slower in experience than on paper. Maybe at first it will be fast as you lose water and deplete carbs, but that won't be fat loss.

Plus I honestly believe it is better to create most of your deficit from diet and little of it from exercise. You will need to create at least a 800 - 900 calorie per day deficit in your diet, which is certainly doable and not crazy, but it will be strict.

I would focus on the two things that make 99% of the difference in a diet. Caloric deficit and protein intake. Keep your protein at 1 gram or more per pound of bodyweight and create your deficit. Continue weight training as a means of maintaining strength and not as a calorie burning endeavour.

I would also not use the Cardarine. It has risks, as Whisky pointed out (mostly unknowns) and if you follow my advice above your cardio will be minimal, which negates much need for the cardarine since it shines at improving endurance.

Glow

Awards
Hi Guys,
Been following forums for a while now but only made a post myself.

I am a 20 year old male currently weighing at 198lbs.
I've put on approximately 15lbs over the last 6 months due to an office job.

I'm an ex boxer so not really used to be this overweight. Being 5ft10 I've always been between 169 and 185 pounds (including when I've gained abit of weight).

I want to start a training/diet plan to get myself down to 165 pounds over next couple of months. Never really counted my calories or had planned meals so will need a hand with this!

I've bought some Cardarine recently so include this is any recommendations please ! thank you!
Yap, 198lbs at 20 is a little bit too much, you need to find a strategy that can help you shed off the extra weight. I also think you are still young and it’s still too early to consider yourself an x-boxer. How long did you play the sport? That aside, I would recommend that you try Lipodrine and ECA for weight loss.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just wanna say that cardarine never showed to cause cancer but to enhance growth of tumours.. However in rats where cancer develop at a much faster rate and some rats being predisposed to cancer and the longevity the study went on with an animal that only lives max 3 years is clearly flawed. The risk is, we don't know long term, we just don't.

I don't think 12 weeks is anything on cardarine but 12 weeks every year for 50 years could be or why not make it fair, run it pretty much your whole life like the rats did. Oh and were not the same animal. We can only go by people's opinions from however long cardarine has been used and it's impossible to say that if you get any sides whatsoever from cardarine that it actually was cardarine that caused it.

Guys we just don't know it's that simple and it's always been that simple so whenever cardarine comes up everyone's guessing, remember that.