Help me reach my Goals!

Gears727

Awards
Hey everyone, I’m new to AM but I’ve been trolling the forums for sometime. Need help with my weight lose goals so decided to make an account! I’ve been weight training consecutively for 5 months and been dieting for 4. Started out at 6’1, 195 (25 years old) and am now down to 172. Still no abs:(, I would be guessing but I imagine my BF % is 18-20. My diet is on point my macros are Protein-220, Carbs-210,Fats-55. Calories around 2150. I eat chicken and brown rice for every meal except breakfast I have eggs and oatmeal. Wednesday nights I have a cheat meal that normally doesn’t bring me over my total calories for the day. I weight train 5-6 days a week, and do cardio the same amount, Cardio Varys from 20 Min treadmill run, typically 2 miles, or a 30-40 min run outside, or a variation of HIIT. My job also requires lots of walking typical day is 12,000 steps. My weight loss has stalled and can’t figure out what changes I need to make. I also have been getting headaches which I’m assuming is from the lack of calories for so long. Any advice would be awesome! I will also post pictures up and maybe some of you can estimate my body fat!

Ase_james

Awards
Imo your carbs look more like a bulk diet then a cut.
When I hit a stall like that I get creative. Carb cycles, keto, and intermittent fasting are some of the go tos for me.
But the first thing I'd change is the carbs, you don't have to go with a trend. Just cut x amount of carbs per day or week and see what happens.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would cut back on the brown rice due to spike insulin levels. Exercising 5-6 days a week and you do a lot of walking at your daily job. It’s time to rest in between workout days if possible. Cheat meal I wouldn’t do in a cut at all. What do your daily weight training look like?

Gears727

Awards
Imo your carbs look more like a bulk diet then a cut.
When I hit a stall like that I get creative. Carb cycles, keto, and intermittent fasting are some of the go tos for me.
But the first thing I'd change is the carbs, you don't have to go with a trend. Just cut x amount of carbs per day or week and see what happens.
Thanks for the reply, I started off this diet by Intermittent fasting, I loved it cause I could sleep in later for work. I was doing a 16/8 protocol. I recently stopped to try eating more smaller meals cause some believe that can increase your metabolism. Also I did low carbs, around 100-130 for about 3-4 weeks but my energy just went down hard and the weight wasn’t coming off so two weeks ago I increased them. Have you carb cycled before? Can you keep your energy up?

Gears727

Awards
I would cut back on the brown rice due to spike insulin levels. Exercising 5-6 days a week and you do a lot of walking at your daily job. It’s time to rest in between workout days if possible. Cheat meal I wouldn’t do in a cut at all. What do your daily weight training look like?
I thought white rice spiked your insulin, but I would love to stop the brown rice it’s been old for 3 months lol. My training is fairly simple, I start all days with a heavy compound lift. Dead’s on back day, squats on leg day etc... I take my time with these compound lifts focus on form and recovery. The remainder of the workouts I do accessory movements, I do a lot of supersets and drop sets to keep my heart rate elevated and get the blood pumping into the muscle. My splits are Legs, Chest, Arms, Back. The next two days I choose what I feel I’m recovered at or need to work on. Sometimes shoulders, or an full body workout.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Workouts look Perfect for weight loss and lean muscle. Excessive brown rice will spike your insulin levels.

Gears727

Awards
Workouts look Perfect for weight loss and lean muscle. Excessive brown rice will spike your insulin levels.
Awesome man thanks so much, I know sweet potatoes and whole wheat pasta are good sources of low glycemic carbs. Any other suggestions? And should I cut brown rice out completely?

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When dieting and exercising always switch things up. That way your body will respond different each time,and eventually you will find your sweet spot.

Gears727

Awards
When dieting and exercising always switch things up. That way your body will respond different each time,and eventually you will find your sweet spot.
Thanks man, much appreciated I will make some more changes in my diet, see how my body handles it. Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s normal to stall on lifts while on a cut? I have certain lifts that haven’t gone up in a month

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When on a cut you will lose strength and muscle. What I do is, cardio days I’am in a calorie Deficit,and on weight training days I’am in a calorie surplus.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
170 is pretty light for 6’ 1”. If it was me, I’d probably transition to a lean bulk type program. If you can pack on some muscle, your metabolism should increase. Also, you’ve been dieting a while, 4 months is pretty long. You could probably use a good refeed at this point anyway.

Gears727

Awards
170 is pretty light for 6’ 1”. If it was me, I’d probably transition to a lean bulk type program. If you can pack on some muscle, your metabolism should increase. Also, you’ve been dieting a while, 4 months is pretty long. You could probably use a good refeed at this point anyway.
Yea I’ve been having this thought too, I’ve finally started getting some good definition in my back, and arms. I’ve seen people at 6’1 160 and they look really skinny. I will post up some pictures tomorrow and see what you guy think. Yea I also mentioned earlier I’ve been struggling with headaches and they seem to get worse if I have under 2000 calories which I will do some days, typically around 1800-2100

Stillbloom

Awards
For the majority of advantages concerning fat loss, the amount of HGH ought to be maintained for six months a minimum. You’ll start to see results after three to six weeks. Some people stated that they benefited once they use Human growth hormone along with steroid or testosterone boosters. In addition, dietary alterations and exercise further boost the fat loss outcomes.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Breakfast half a cup to a cup of oats with milk.. Add some seeds with omega 3s and cottage cheese.

Workout bcaa and a powerbar one tbsp almond or peanut butter.

Lunch chicken or fish with a vegetables and one tbsp olive oil

Dinner same as lunch

Snack some lean protein and oatmeal

Snack 2 eggs 2 scoops of protein powder 1tbsp baking powder and almond milk. Add some berries a little sweetener with cinnamon, vanilla extract or whatever, and put one tablespoon of olive oil in it to make pancakes. No flower just eggs.. Obviously you can add to this diet but it works quite well for me

Gears727

Awards
Breakfast half a cup to a cup of oats with milk.. Add some seeds with omega 3s and cottage cheese.

Workout bcaa and a powerbar one tbsp almond or peanut butter.

Lunch chicken or fish with a vegetables and one tbsp olive oil

Dinner same as lunch

Snack some lean protein and oatmeal

Snack 2 eggs 2 scoops of protein powder 1tbsp baking powder and almond milk. Add some berries a little sweetener with cinnamon, vanilla extract or whatever, and put one tablespoon of olive oil in it to make pancakes. No flower just eggs.. Obviously you can add to this diet but it works quite well for me
I was keeping my fat low, do you think increasing my fat will make much difference as long as I’m keeping carbs low? I’m gunna cut my carbs in half today. I had 230 grams yesterday I’m shooting for 120-130 today. Also do you guys think that having some simple carbs right before a workout is ok? Seems to always increase my energy in the gym.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
For the majority of advantages concerning fat loss, the amount of HGH ought to be maintained for six months a minimum. You’ll start to see results after three to six weeks. Some people stated that they benefited once they use Human growth hormone along with steroid or testosterone boosters. In addition, dietary alterations and exercise further boost the fat loss outcomes.
Who was talking about hgh? Wtf are you talking about? No one even said anything about any anabolics nor is this in the anabolics section

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was keeping my fat low, do you think increasing my fat will make much difference as long as I’m keeping carbs low? I’m gunna cut my carbs in half today. I had 230 grams yesterday I’m shooting for 120-130 today. Also do you guys think that having some simple carbs right before a workout is ok? Seems to always increase my energy in the gym.
Eat carbs before and after workout and the rest of the day you eat only fats and protein. I think many people have an easier time with high fat low carb than the other way around. Last meal can be something like casein without fat or carbs.

Gears727

Awards
Eat carbs before and after workout and the rest of the day you eat only fats and protein. I think many people have an easier time with high fat low carb than the other way around. Last meal can be something like casein without fat or carbs.
Ok I will have to give it a try, do you think having like Healthy Stir-Fry vegetables with my lunch is ok? Or literally no carbs?

Gears727

Awards
Who was talking about hgh? Wtf are you talking about? No one even said anything about any anabolics nor is this in the anabolics section
Thanks for that, I have no idea where that came from.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gear727, it’s all about the portion size.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok I will have to give it a try, do you think having like Healthy Stir-Fry vegetables with my lunch is ok? Or literally no carbs?
I think carbs are fine just make sure you use them during the day. Eat carbs before your workout and after.. Don't eat before bed or sitting down in the couch. Focus on omega 3s and protein mainly.

Gears727

Awards
I think carbs are fine just make sure you use them during the day. Eat carbs before your workout and after.. Don't eat before bed or sitting down in the couch. Focus on omega 3s and protein mainly.
Alright sounds good, up to this point I’ve been having 3/4 cup of cooked rice and 8 Oz of chicken breast cooked in the oven. Breakfast is half a cup of oats with two eggs and a No sugar Greek yogurt. Dinner is same as lunch with a couple other things throw in like no fat cheese, or black beans. I also haven’t been eating after my workouts. I will focus on having the majority of my carbs around training