L-Carnitine + CLA

cdawgismoney

Awards
Hi All,

I know these two products don’t have the greatest reputation online for being effective weight/fat loss supplements, however, I had hit a plateau (approx 3 weeks),which made zero sense given my diet, and then started using these products for the past two weeks and have lost 5.5 LBs since (about 25% BF).

Do you think it’s a coincidence, related to some other supplement I use (I use ZMA and Testofx) or that certain people respond exceptionally well to L-Carnitine and/or CLA?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I personally use L Carnitine but was not happy with CLA...what dosages were you using?

cdawgismoney

Awards
4.8g a day (3 doses of 1.6g a day). Safflower Oil (if it matters).

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
It's a coincidence

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know HIT4ME had great result with MEGAdosing cla.

cdawgismoney

Awards
1.2 g of Carnitine...in the morning on an empty stomach (I don’t take it with carbs)

cdawgismoney

Awards
It's a coincidence
I don’t rule that out. I’m mostly looking to determine what is true to see if I should continue with CLA/L-Carnitine or not. And if it isn’t a coincidence, should I increase my Carnitine intake to 2.4 g/day.

cdawgismoney

Awards
should probably take it with carbs. As Carnitine requires insulin for cellular uptake.
Yes, maybe I’ll start taking with my dinner when I actually eat carbs. I don’t notice any stimulant-like effect from it, so I’m not too worried about it interrupting my sleep.

cdawgismoney

Awards
I already drink plenty of coffee...I’m usually having my coffee within 20 minutes of my Carnitine consumption.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, maybe I’ll start taking with my dinner when I actually eat carbs. I don’t notice any stimulant-like effect from it, so I’m not too worried about it interrupting my sleep.
what form is it?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
If you're 25% body fat then you don't need any supplementation at all. Just focus on losing 1lb every week and make 5% caloric adjustments if you miss that

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know HIT4ME had great result with MEGAdosing cla.
Wow. Good memory as that is probably something that I kind of mentioned a while ago haha.

I wouldn't say I had "great" results...but doing something like 10 grams a day for 6+ months seemed to have an impact even though I wasn't dieting very well. Not talking night or day...talking maybe 15 pounds over 6 months without much effort at all.

I would say it's an interpretation issue. It is common for dieters to think they've hit a plateau and they know they are doing everything right but have a week or two where they don't seem to lose anything...and then bam! They suddenly drop 5 pounds. The workable theory seems to be that you are burning fat and the cells fill with water as the fat empties...until your body suddenly adjusts and you flush the water out.

cdawgismoney

Awards
First, let me thank everyone for the input. It is much appreciated.

I’m taking the liquid form of L-Carnitine. Do you think 1.2g is good? Should I consider a double dose?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
First, let me thank everyone for the input. It is much appreciated.

I’m taking the liquid form of L-Carnitine. Do you think 1.2g is good? Should I consider a double dose?
If you eat most of your calories in the form of red meat, your carnitine intake will be in abundance and you won't need to spend money on supplementation.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi All,

I know these two products don’t have the greatest reputation online for being effective weight/fat loss supplements, however, I had hit a plateau (approx 3 weeks),which made zero sense given my diet, and then started using these products for the past two weeks and have lost 5.5 LBs since (about 25% BF).

Do you think it’s a coincidence, related to some other supplement I use (I use ZMA and Testofx) or that certain people respond exceptionally well to L-Carnitine and/or CLA?
L-carn does almost nothing for fat loss orally, need injectable

cdawgismoney

Awards
Thanks to everyone for the input. It sounds mostly like it was a coincidence. I’ve since run out of CLA and almost used up my L-Carnitine. So we will find out for sure soon enough.

cdawgismoney

Awards
Update: so I believe it was a coincidence. I ran out of CLA and stopped using L-Carnitine and kept losing at a fast rate. I believe HIT4ME hit the nail on the head with what was happening during my “plateau”.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Update: so I believe it was a coincidence. I ran out of CLA and stopped using L-Carnitine and kept losing at a fast rate. I believe HIT4ME hit the nail on the head with what was happening during my “plateau”.
Thanks for the update! The thing is...dieting is a mind f#ck. That will happen so much, the key is being 100% positive you are doing the right thing by sticking to your plan and knowing it is effective. You can do that, and on days you KNOW you ate on a deficit you will not lose anything...and than it goes for days and days, like it is testing you to see if you will change. But if you KNOW you are doing everything by the plan, you just have to lean on it and stick to your guns.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thebigt Supplements 5
Anabolics 20
Woody Weight Loss 12
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0