Should I be Disheartened with my current progress?

Neecey2809

Neecey2809

Awards
Hi people of AM been a member of this forum for about half a year now and just today I had the realisation of how hard reaching your body goals naturally can be I've been working out consistently for around a year and a half and did my first bulk last December which wasn't great I made the mistake of using a mass gainer shake and eating lots of junk food to the point where I was in bed half the day with absolutely no energy so now I'm currently cutting off the excess fat and stubborn fat that I put on over the bulk but I'm Disheartened that I'm not gaining any muscle mass whilst doing so and also reading that Natty's only put on around 0.5 - 1% a year of muscle mass a year which could see me taking 5 years to get to where I want too be :/ does anyone else have this feeling just needed some motivation from AM today also wanted to upload a pic of me currently but I got this forum disabled media sharing Kind Regards Sam

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi people of AM been a member of this forum for about half a year now and just today I had the realisation of how hard reaching your body goals naturally can be I've been working out consistently for around a year and a half and did my first bulk last December which wasn't great I made the mistake of using a mass gainer shake and eating lots of junk food to the point where I was in bed half the day with absolutely no energy so now I'm currently cutting off the excess fat and stubborn fat that I put on over the bulk but I'm Disheartened that I'm not gaining any muscle mass whilst doing so and also reading that Natty's only put on around 0.5 - 1% a year of muscle mass a year which could see me taking 5 years to get to where I want too be :/ does anyone else have this feeling just needed some motivation from AM today also wanted to upload a pic of me currently but I got this forum disabled media sharing Kind Regards Sam
You can upload a pic from your phone using the attachment option and not the photo one.

Neecey2809

Neecey2809

Awards
Here's pics in my bathroom mirror I'm sure I'm not the only one haha :p
15244296742650.jpg
15242597087610.jpg

APC80

APC80

Awards
You look about where ya should be for 1 1/2 years training. It takes a long time building muscle naturally, especially as ya get older. A 6 month bulk and you’ll be looking great.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to be in the same boat as you. Felt stuck. No progress really. I turned to my diet and really cleaned it up but ate more of my clean foods (clean bulk) and I started seeing progress. People on here hammer “diet is key” and I feel most people just allow it to go in one ear and out the other but it’s really true. Don’t go looking for a magic routine or something. Start bulking, lose some abs and gain mass. Cut when you have gained about 20 more pounds.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like you’ve made good progress. Enjoy the process. I don’t think cutting is the best idea for you right now. You’re already very lean. It looks like bulking would be a smarter choice. Just don’t eat junk food this time and you’ll gain more muscle.

Neecey2809

Neecey2809

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys I am planning on doing a clean bulk with like potatoes rice and chicken lean beef and my own shakes with peanut butter coconut oil oats and milk so I'll see how it goes again thanks for the advice :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the replies guys I am planning on doing a clean bulk with like potatoes rice and chicken lean beef and my own shakes with peanut butter coconut oil oats and milk so I'll see how it goes again thanks for the advice :)
Bro, an easy way to put on weight is whole milk. Yeah you will add some fat but keep diet fairly lean and add some cardio in your routine and you will be fine.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bro, an easy way to put on weight is whole milk. Yeah you will add some fat but keep diet fairly lean and add some cardio in your routine and you will be fine.
I have recently switched to Fairlife milk and I'm loving it. I get cheaper milk for cooking, oats, cereal, etc and keep the Fairlife for shakes or plain drinking. More protein, calcium and less sugar. Win win win.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have recently switched to Fairlife milk and I'm loving it. I get cheaper milk for cooking, oats, cereal, etc and keep the Fairlife for shakes or plain drinking. More protein, calcium and less sugar. Win win win.
Thats my shyt, i drink a half gallon of the chocolate fairlife almost every day

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's about 2.3 million dollars a year lmao
Lol i just did the math, its $1000-1500 a year depending on how many i go through, usually 5 a week. I look at it like this, when i smoked it was $9 per day every day. This is $4 per day most days. Im saving money

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol i just did the math, its $1000-1500 a year depending on how many i go through, usually 5 a week. I look at it like this, when i smoked it was $9 per day every day. This is $4 per day most days. Im saving money
Exactly! I have so many friends who talk crap about stuff I buy or multiple vacations I take each year. Same friends that spend $10 a day on cigarettes lol

Neecey2809

Neecey2809

Awards
I think I just found a holy grail for bulking I found a 1.25kg bag of coconut chips in my kitchen and it turns out 50g of them is 333 calories and 100g is 663 calories so I'm just munching on some of them right now before dinner :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP, see how easy it is to find easy calories? Just gotta keep an open mind and look for what you would like.

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Cottage cheese before bed halps also.. is very protein centric