Bad form in Arnold and Frank's video here.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
it obviously didnt work for them........

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
They had great genetics + work ethics + steroids. Enough said..

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
even then its not like they were doing it completely wrong. they were still working the muscle. Alot of time i use momentum like this. Dont always have to be super strict

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I didn't even watch the video haha, I know arnold cheated on his bar curls, but putting the muscle under more weight it can handle could yield good results or serious problems lol

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Pretty sure they didn't do much steroids in the 60's and 70's as flex wheeler Ronnie Coleman and these other guys. I know they tried it here or there, but that's 95% legit muscle.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
They used some, just not the heavy doses you see now.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is where critical analysis of the greats blunts progress. No one really has the ability to criticize either of these icons until they themselves become legends.

The rate of injury was probably pretty low. They use light weight (for them lol) and high reps. Arnold did like 16 in that last set. They were training to induce maximum pump.

Steroids or not these men are legends. A lot of the dudes on here have run anywhere from 1-6 cycles of PH's, which are steroids and look nothing close to that. Don't let **** become counterproductive. Building muscle is EASY. Lift for progression, eat, recover.

Point being, for them it clearly worked. I wouldn't waste time worrying about what the greats did and focus on what I can do to get there.

All in my opinion

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
This is where critical analysis of the greats blunts progress. No one really has the ability to criticize either of these icons until they themselves become legends.

The rate of injury was probably pretty low. They use light weight (for them lol) and high reps. Arnold did like 16 in that last set. They were training to induce maximum pump.

Steroids or not these men are legends. A lot of the dudes on here have run anywhere from 1-6 cycles of PH's, which are steroids and look nothing close to that. Don't let **** become counterproductive. Building muscle is EASY. Lift for progression, eat, recover.

Point being, for them it clearly worked. I wouldn't waste time worrying about what the greats did and focus on what I can do to get there.

All in my opinion
You mention a great point that ive pondered for awhile now.... some members have ran countless cycles and look as though they've never touched a weight...

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You mention a great point that ive pondered for awhile now.... some members have ran countless cycles and look as though they've never touched a weight...
Yeah, you've been around for a while hahaha. Ya, old ass lol