testo boosters at age 19??

hawks31

Awards
Ive heard opposite opinions from a few different sources. Lifted sporatically throughout highschool and have now been trainging seriously for over a year now. Not seeing the gains I'd have hoped to. Nitrobolic, hydroxycut hardcore, and Whey protein are already part of my regiment. Are the test boosters such as Original HD too dangerous for me to get into at this stage of my life?

Thanks
The KID

bigdave

bigdave

Awards
umm the original hd is not a test booster its a hormone..and when i was 19 i tried all the test boosters out..dey dont work trust me..juss increase your protein, eat 6 times a day, lift fuccin hard and boom you will grow..remember supplements "supplement" dont rely on them rely on your diet and training

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
To be more specific, Original HD is a clone of Halodrol. In other words, it's a steroid. Stay away unless you're interested in really f-ing yourself up. Don't buy any supplements without truly knowing what they are and how they work.

You don't need a test booster at age 19. Drop the hydroxycut, it's useless and may actually decrease your gains because it is a thermogenic fat burner. Maybe add some creatine monohydrate, but basically eat like crazy, get at least 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight and lift as heavy as possible without hurting yourself. If you haven't gained to this point, it's your diet and/or training routine, not the supplements.

Good luck.

hawks31

Awards
alright thanks for steering me in the right direction. if not the anabolic or testoboosters, what would u add to what i'm already taking? my gains are coming slowly but surely and i know i sound foolish but like anyone else i wana get as big/cut as i can and soon! any help would be great. im on the shorter side at 5'7" at 19 so i figure if i cant get taller.. get wider(while loooking good)

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
alright thanks for steering me in the right direction. if not the anabolic or testoboosters, what would u add to what i'm already taking? my gains are coming slowly but surely and i know i sound foolish but like anyone else i wana get as big/cut as i can and soon! any help would be great. im on the shorter side at 5'7" at 19 so i figure if i cant get taller.. get wider(while loooking good)
Like I said, creatine monohydrate is perfectly safe at your age and will help add strength. The stronger you are, the more weight you can lift. The more weight you can lift, the more your muscles will grow. That's all I would add.

Then eat. A lot. But eat clean. Lean meat and fish, vegetables by the bushel. Only consume sugar early in the day or around the time you lift. Limit your alcohol intake (although you can't legally do that yet anyway...) and drink lots of water.

Then lift. A lot. Consistently. You'll find all sorts of different lifting programs and people have their favorites. I believe that lifting heavy weights in short, concise workouts is the most efficient (i.e. quickest) way to build muscle. I use Max OT (www.ast-ss.com) and love it. Sign up for the program and try it out for 8 weeks. I can all but guarantee that if you eat clean and follow that program, that you will see positive results in 2 months. I sounded like a used car salesman just then...

But it's true. If you don't like that program, just search your butt off and make your own program and diet plan. There's more information out there than you will need. Be patient and realize that you cannot build muscle as quickly as you want to. Everyone is impatient (me included) but the body doesn't work that way.

At age 19, your testosterone production is at it's peak. With a good diet and lifting program, you will gain more muscle in the next 3 years than you ever will again in your life. Take advantage of it.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
There is no point at 19 years of age to be taking a testosterone booster. Enjoy the production your body already makes (I, at 27, speak from experience).

Save the test boosters for when you become an old man - like me.

As mentioned - EAT EAT EAT and eat again. Along with lifting hard and smart.

Best of luck.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is a great addition. Safe and proven, it will help you with strength and, over the long-term, muscle.

Other than that, it's all about diet. If person A has a mediocre diet and takes 20 different supplements, and person B has a perfect diet and doesn't take a single supplement, person B will easily outgain person A.

Also, Nitrobolic is sh!t. Don't waste your money. NO boosters do make you _feel_ pumped, but they do nothing for actually promoting muscle growth.

themandaloria

Awards
I'm taking creatine, wouldn't mess with anything hormonal