Glycerol Mono Stearate

Dennking

Awards
Hi guys any difference between glycerol mono stearate and Glycerine?

Anyone tried bulk glycerol mono Sterate?

Feedback please?

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
I do not really know the difference between the two. However, if you are going to go with glycerine (sometimes referred to as glycerol) you need to get the stuff that is higher than 99.7% purity, preferably 100%. Everything below this is unfit for human consumption and could make you sick. You could risk it, but 100% glycerine is so cheap why would you?

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
I have been thinking about the differences between these two substances a lot, so I decided to order both this time from nutraplanet. I am going to try both and see how they compare to each other. I absolutely love glycerine, but I wonder if GMS will be better? It seems to me that when most substances are modified by adding esters to them they are improved? Well atleast in there bodybuilding application. I think that this question may be something that most bodybuilders who use either one of these substances would wonder about. Well atleast now I will find out for myself which one is indeed better.

66DeadLift6

66DeadLift6

Awards
I have been thinking about the differences between these two substances a lot, so I decided to order both this time from nutraplanet. I am going to try both and see how they compare to each other. I absolutely love glycerine, but I wonder if GMS will be better? It seems to me that when most substances are modified by adding esters to them they are improved? Well atleast in there bodybuilding application. I think that this question may be something that most bodybuilders who use either one of these substances would wonder about. Well atleast now I will find out for myself which one is indeed better.
What did you determine?

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
interseted as well. i was taking controlled labs GMS product and did really well on it.

hit all my PRs while on it i think and only side effects might have been some nasty leg cramps possbly not enuff water i dont know i also peed a lot at night which isannoying

cervasa1977

cervasa1977

Controlled Labs Board Rep
Awards
interseted as well. i was taking controlled labs GMS product and did really well on it.

hit all my PRs while on it i think and only side effects might have been some nasty leg cramps possbly not enuff water i dont know i also peed a lot at night which isannoying
while on GMS make sure you water intake is higher then normal to get the full effect and to help with any cramping issues....and yeah you do piss alot!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone explain this and how it is useful? Hyper Hydration...like forcing water intake to be increased?

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glycerol is a substance which has been shown to elevate blood plasma volume. Recent studies have shown that consuming glycerol before a workout can boost your ability to retain intra-muscular fluid by up to fifty percent.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wow. well thank you for explaining.
My pleasure, and I've also read that it will help the absorption of other supplements that are taken with it. This however I would not take to heart, and is still something I'm looking into.