The heck to go for cheap bloods?

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I had my annual physical today and had blood drawn for lipid panel, blood glucose, STDs, thyroid levels, and everything else my insurance covers. I’ve never had my hormones checked though and wanted to know if I could include that with everything while they’re drawing 5 vials of blood from me. They looked at me like I had 3 heads and were mystified why a young healthy male not interested in having kids would want his hormones checked. One of them literally said “I think the only people who aren’t trying to have kids that would want to get their hormones checked are transgendered people.” Thanks lady! Many years of schooling for that astute analysis. Anyway, she said it wouldn’t be covered by insurance bc there’s no medical reason for me to get them tested and that it’d be several hundred dollars if I paid out of pocket.

So I looked up Quest Diagnostics and LapCorp info and both directed me to RequestATest. I went to their website and their men’s health panel is $220 and doesn’t appear to be that comprehensive. And the cost of their more comprehensive female panel is $400. So my question is where the heck do you guys get these cheap $50 blood tests that I read about all the time on here??

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well if they’re ordered by your doc your insurance should cover them! But got to privatemdlabs and get the female hormone panel. Obviously specify you are a male and google a discount code for like 15% off. I think I used July18 then go to the nearest lab Corp and you should have your results in your email in 24 hours

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
Well if they’re ordered by your doc your insurance should cover them! But got to privatemdlabs and get the female hormone panel. Obviously specify you are a male and google a discount code for like 15% off. I think I used July18 then go to the nearest lab Corp and you should have your results in your email in 24 hours
The $437 one? Even with 15% off that’s $371... there has to be a cheaper option, right?

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
Ahh... now I’m seeing other cheaper options that people normally get. What’s the wiser thing to add to the basic panel (E2, FSH, LH, Total T, CBC, CMP) to get the best idea of where my Test lies? Add Prolactin? Or add Free T?

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Probably Free T unless you've recently run a 19nor and suspect high prolactin and just want to pinpoint it

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use lifeextension.

Basic male panel gives me-

DHEA Sulfate
Estrogen
Free and Total T
PSA

Sometimes I'll add thyroid items, SHBG, DHT on top of that.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok so I had my annual physical today and had blood drawn for lipid panel, blood glucose, STDs, thyroid levels, and everything else my insurance covers. I’ve never had my hormones checked though and wanted to know if I could include that with everything while they’re drawing 5 vials of blood from me. They looked at me like I had 3 heads and were mystified why a young healthy male not interested in having kids would want his hormones checked. One of them literally said “I think the only people who aren’t trying to have kids that would want to get their hormones checked are transgendered people.” Thanks lady! Many years of schooling for that astute analysis. Anyway, she said it wouldn’t be covered by insurance bc there’s no medical reason for me to get them tested and that it’d be several hundred dollars if I paid out of pocket.

So I looked up Quest Diagnostics and LapCorp info and both directed me to RequestATest. I went to their website and their men’s health panel is $220 and doesn’t appear to be that comprehensive. And the cost of their more comprehensive female panel is $400. So my question is where the heck do you guys get these cheap $50 blood tests that I read about all the time on here??
Mr. Supps is closing a deal to offer blood test for relatively inexpensive prices. Should be on site if all goes well by mid August if they work it out.