Is Creatine really the best supplement for muscle growth?

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Some guys swear by Creatine. Some are non-responders.

List your stacks on here that you have found bring you the best results.

Many people out there refuse to use anabolics. They want to do it naturally.

What do you recommend when it comes to supplementation? Anything out there few know about that you find works?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I supplement with a lot of food. It doesn't matter if you take unicorn blood. Good food is number one.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
creatine
beta-alanine
TMG
ARA (X-Gels)
Whey

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I supplement with a lot of food. It doesn't matter if you take unicorn blood. Good food is number one.
So are you saying you use supplements as food?. Doesn't make sense to me.

supplement
[n. suhp-luh-muh nt; v. suhp-luh-ment]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
noun
something added to complete a thing, supply a deficiency, or reinforce or extend a whole.
a part added to a book, document, etc., to supply additional or later information, correct errors, or the like.
a part, usually of special character, issued as an additional feature of a newspaper or other periodical.
Geometry. the quantity by which an angle or an arc falls short of 180° or a semicircle.
verb (used with object)
to complete, add to, or extend by a supplement.
to form a supplement or addition to.
to supply (a deficiency).

So you really can't "Supplement" with food, because what are you supplementing?.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So are you saying you use supplements as food?. Doesn't make sense to me.

supplement
[n. suhp-luh-muh nt; v. suhp-luh-ment]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
noun
something added to complete a thing, supply a deficiency, or reinforce or extend a whole.
a part added to a book, document, etc., to supply additional or later information, correct errors, or the like.
a part, usually of special character, issued as an additional feature of a newspaper or other periodical.
Geometry. the quantity by which an angle or an arc falls short of 180° or a semicircle.
verb (used with object)
to complete, add to, or extend by a supplement.
to form a supplement or addition to.
to supply (a deficiency).

So you really can't "Supplement" with food, because what are you supplementing?.
I believe my premise went over your head. I figured you would have understood, too.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There's tons of supplements that work and build muscle. Creatine is one of many. A lot of natural anabolics are good. For example follidrone, anafuse, x gels, abe are all good.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I believe my premise went over your head. I figured you would have understood, too.
He understands...that's just T-Bone. You'll learn to accept it (or just end up hating him).

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
He understands...that's just T-Bone. You'll learn to accept it (or just end up hating him).
Lol essentially,
He has a special place in our hearts though :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Creatine is probably the best single myogenic to address the title question,

For the others, and supplements worth a serious look at, look at Ergonine on athletixsports.com

The write up is fantastic and thoroughly referenced if you want to educate yourself more on natural ingredient options that work; and are at proper doses.

Creatine and TMG are must's for me,
Plus you would get to run ferulic acid another novel myogenic, as part of our 9-ingredient ergogenic.

It works, every ingredient is studied and feedback is phenomenal .
Expect faster growth, recovery, better performance, and more.

On top of that it ships same day domestic for 0.99
And right now offering a free Analyzed Supplement with each,
And my code "driven" good for 10%

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I don't think creatine is the best. It's the most studied. The magnitude of impact isn't as high as some compounds, but the difference is creatine has so much data that we know it works without a shadow of a doubt.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think creatine is the best. It's the most studied. The magnitude of impact isn't as high as some compounds, but the difference is creatine has so much data that we know it works without a shadow of a doubt.
Perfect explanation!

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You should only supplement with whey if you aren't meeting your protein requirement through food.
Why? Whey has many benefical health effects beyond just meeting your protein requirement vs say Chicken breast.

hammocka

Awards
What would you say IS the best supplement for building muscle?

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Personally, Fearn's (Phosphatidic Acid) 3-4x per day has done more for me in terms of muscle growth than creatine. The combination of the two, which I just started (just added creatine HCl 4 days ago) is excellent for muscle fullness, and I would assume strength soon as well.

Creatine supposedly has beneficial effects on muscle growth beyond just strength gains including:

- Decreasing myostatin
- Increasing intramuscular IGF-1
- Increasing DHT
- Increased cell volume = signaling to begin protein synthesis + possible stretching fascia

However, with PA I was able to get to 17 inch arms unpumped off creatine which I only have previously done while on gear.

To me, PA is like a small dose of a mild anabolic, like maybe 15mg anavar per day or something except less strength gains.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love 10g creatine mono pre workout

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yessir.. I've been a huge advocate for years on using 10g. I personally notice a drastic difference between 5 and 10g in the swelling effects of my muscle bellies.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Yessir.. I've been a huge advocate for years on using 10g. I personally notice a drastic difference between 5 and 10g in the swelling effects of my muscle bellies.
I am going to have to agree with you. I noticed that as well. Once I hit more than 5g and started to 10g. Everything increased and I felt fuller a lot (more water retention)

But 10 g is my sweet spot

Simon Keller

Awards

I am going to have to agree with you. I noticed that as well. Once I hit more than 5g and started to 10g. Everything increased and I felt fuller a lot (more water retention)

You guys are f*cking retarded... that is all...

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards

How about strength increase at 10g vs 5g?