Cap your own powder?

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
How do I cap my own powders? I have seen a lot of people talk about 0 and 00 caps, but I am not sure how to do this. Is there directions out there anyone can point me to?

THANKS!

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Was looking for a bit more info on the process, but thanks.

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
I don't really know much about it, but i'm guessing you weigh out your powders and then throw them in what looks like the little molds in the capping machine.

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Ok, here's what I don't get I mix out a batch of say 10gram of X and 10grams of Y.

Why do I have to use a filler?

How would I transfer a bowl of powder into a small cap without spilling?

How do I know each cap will have 500mg of X and 500mg of Y?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Additionally, weigh the powder beforehand and then divide that number by the number of caps you end up with and you've got your rough dosage per cap. 10 grams of powder into 100 caps equals 100mgs per cap, roughly. They also make and sell capping machines and pill making machines, but they're fairly expensive. At least a few hundred from the ones I've seen.

sane1

Banned
Awards
Ok, here's what I don't get I mix out a batch of say 10gram of X and 10grams of Y.

Why do I have to use a filler?

How would I transfer a bowl of powder into a small cap without spilling?

How do I know each cap will have 500mg of X and 500mg of Y?
How do you know how many grams will fit in a predetermined number of capsules? For instance in the above example if the twenty grams doesn't fit you would have to weigh the excess and subtact that from the total. But is there a way to know in advance how much of a powder will fit in a given amount of capsules???

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Usually the type of capsule you get will give you a rough estimate of how much it can hold. Or, jusat buy enough caps so you can keep going until all your powder is gone.

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
What about fillers? Do you have to use them and if so why?

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
personally, i only recommend capping stuff where some variation in the dose isnt a huge deal. for hormones (even 4-ad) - i would go either the solution route or weigh and cap each one individually (doesnt take THAT long, unless you are doing 100+)

things like green tea, alcar, silymarin, NAC, hawthorne, taurine, cee, forskolin, etc can all be capped and u dont really have to worry about it. i just dump, distribute, shake (sometimes i will pack the caps with a pencil eraser if i want more in each one) and cap and it rarely varies more than 50mg from cap to cap.

a person can employ the gram-into-100 mixing approach (and all its trappings) for substances requiring smaller doses but that **** worries me personally.
if you wanna give it a go - post your info and we can tell you how to proceed.

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Was going to combine a whole bunch of powder to make a homebrew Thermo!