Golden Gains - why only 20 g protein per serving?

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Tried posting in CL subforum, no answer:

I started Golden Gains having usually simply taken a couple scoops of a "Brand X" WPI post-workout. I've grown accustomed to taste and love the fruit/veggie content. I'm interested in seeing how the carb content affects my body composition.

But my question/concern is just 20 grams of protein post workout. Seems low to me. I'm 6', 180, non-professional, just train for fitness and appearance. Has anyone added a scoop of a vanilla WPI to their golden gains serving PWO? Or is the 20g that comes with a serving of Golden Gains really sufficient after a solid workout with weights? I would think that it varies based on size, but I'm not sure.

I guess another way of asking:

Do I need more than 20g protein post workout, and if so, should I be adding more isolate to golden gains in order to get 40 g protein PWO?

CDMMA

CDMMA

Awards
Golden Gains/Feast is meant to be a MRP, and typically (or so it seems) MRP's don't have a ton of protein per serving; it's not a significant difference from many other whey/blend products however, and there is really no need to add any additional protein unless you want/need to to hit your macros.

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
I know feast is a MRP, but Gains is being marketed as:

"Golden Gains: Optimized Post Workout Recovery Shake!"

CDMMA

CDMMA

Awards
I know feast is a MRP, but Gains is being marketed as:

"Golden Gains: Optimized Post Workout Recovery Shake!"
They're both MRP's, Golden Gains even more so than Gold Feast. As I said, there's no need to add any more protein, but you can do so if you please; either way, if you hit your macros at the end of the day you wont likely notice a difference at the of the day/week/month/year.

D3Baseball

Awards
You don't need X amount of protein post-workout. Just try to get a good amount by the end of the day - a good number to shoot for is your bodyweight in grams of protein, though you may go higher.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
yeah like the guys said, your total at the end of the day for protein is more important than how much you take at any one given time....although I prefer to take 50grams of whey (isolate) PWO a half hour after BCAA's.....or 50 grams right after waking up on non-WO days. taking 25 or 50 grams PWO is up to personal preference I suppose, but why not take in a larger amount PWO? sounds like a good idea to me :D

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Golden Gains/Feast is meant to be a MRP, and typically (or so it seems) MRP's don't have a ton of protein per serving; it's not a significant difference from many other whey/blend products however, and there is really no need to add any additional protein unless you want/need to to hit your macros.
this

You don't need X amount of protein post-workout. Just try to get a good amount by the end of the day - a good number to shoot for is your bodyweight in grams of protein, though you may go higher.
and that.