Have you gone Supplement free..

bigbadboss101

Awards
for a long period? Having used a number of supplements I find it hard now to go supplement-less. I mean we like our protein and vitamins. Then you have creatine, glutamine, BCAA. Plus ALCAR, ALA, ZMA, Flax. All these and we haven't mentioned PH and such. Then you will need to look at Milk Thistles, CQ10, Saw Palmetto etc.

So really it hard to go without anything. Have any of you done such? I know I have when I first started but now if I try that I might fee 'empty'. I will try to stop buying new things and use up what I have first. My friends always comment on my drug store when they come to my house.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I tried it and it didn't last long. I always have at least protein,creatine, and flax

nozzi

Awards
If you have been working out for a long time with supplements and decide to quit, don't expect to make much if any gains anymore. Although you shouldnt have much problem with maintaining what you already have if your nutritional intake is up to speed.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Haven't gone one day without supplements since I was 16. However, it is possible to make progress without supplements, it just may not occur at the same rate when compared to Androgens, Creatine etc.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
occasionally just for a break. but still take prot and liver tabs. right now am basically supp free cause recovering from surgery and not able to do anything much yet..

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Our food supply in general is bad enough that supplements, at least vitamins and minerals, are something anyone needs to maintain optimum health. Once you add bodybuilding, supplements become necessary IMO.

bigbadboss101

Awards
I was at the store the other day and had to restrain myself from getting some V12 and Infusion. Good that I did cuz they weren't cheap, and I already have enough stuff at home.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Occasionally Ill just go down to liver tabs and flax oil - I view them more as part of my diet than a straight supplement though. I always take the multivitamin as well.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
I dont take supplements at the moment other than vitamins. I am too cheap. Not even whey-- too expensive for someone without an income. I really do enjoy whey though, the taste, convenience, etc, I miss that.

I am dietting currently.

fuzz

Awards
I've been using a ton of supps for awhile, but if I wasn't cutting forever and could eat a more balanced diet I think I'd drop a lot of them. If one has a well rounded, balanced diet, and isn't using androgens, I think a lot of the supps are useless. Although I don't think I'd ever be able to give up protein powder, simply for convienance.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My first year lifting, I had a can of Dynamic Ass-Rape(aka Dynamic Muscle Builder) by Weider, and it turned me off from using supplements after that.. I went maybe a year and 6 months before I tried again.. Just the beginning of this year, I had no protein, creatine, multis.. I trained up until early April with no supps, just plenty of food..

Not fun, but it's possible.. I can't go without Nectar too long..

jaketparker

Awards
Supplement free?????????? You guys are fucking nuts.....

MadChild

Awards
I remember the first time I bought some protein when I was 13 or 14. A new GNC had just opened by my place and I was kind of nervous going in. I grabbed a PLAIN flavoured container of protein. It was the most vile stuff I had ever tasted. After that it was about 2 years before I started taking supps again, and then only about January 2002 was when I got a serious nutritional regime down.

Originally posted by bigpetefox
My first year lifting, I had a can of Dynamic Ass-Rape(aka Dynamic Muscle Builder) by Weider, and it turned me off from using supplements after that.. I went maybe a year and 6 months before I tried again.. Just the beginning of this year, I had no protein, creatine, multis.. I trained up until early April with no supps, just plenty of food..

Not fun, but it's possible.. I can't go without Nectar too long..

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
I would REALLY miss alcar and some of the 'smart drugs'.

DoctorX2k2

Awards
I went supplement free for 2 months... gains were slow but they were still coming... now I only use ALA and Whey. I'll get some creatine after my keto experiment.

BMZ

Awards
I have before, but then again I really don't use alot of supplements, right now all I got is 100% whey and creatine which I don't really even use....and MilkThiste/ALA, that's it.........but there have been times when I have used alot of supplements but really didn't see much difference so I cut down to the bare necessities and a good multi

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what I would do without protein powder, its hard as hell getting in 450g/day.

Other than that, I could care less for the others if I had to cut back for some reason.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what I would do without protein powder, its hard as hell getting in 450g/day.
Thats a lot of friggin' protien!! :)

BigV