All The Whey samples

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
I would like to thank Marcus @ All The Whey for sending me some samples of protein to try out before I invested in 10lbs.

Today was like Christmas morning. I came home to a hefty little package of samples of various flavors of Whey Isolate, some of which marcus says are new flavors that are not offered on their site yet. I will be reviewing one new flavor everyday starting tomorrow.

The flavors I have on hand are:
2 packets of CinnimonBun
2 packets of Chocolate Mint
1 Chocolate
1 Carmel Vanilla flavor (new flavor)
1 Coffee type flavor (new flavor)

All sound good and smell pretty good too. It was hard for me not to try one right away.

I will start with CinnimonBun tomorrow. Really looking forward to this one. :food:

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
Nice I'd like to hear how they taste too. You ever had the Choc milk flavor? I'm really thinking about tryin that one. What do u think? Yea or Nay?

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
Very Nice

This morning I tried the Cinnamon Bun flavor. This flavor sounds really good, but I WAS a bit skeptical on just how good it would be. For the most part I personally find it hard to find a good tasting protein that is not choc or vanilla flavor. I have to say that I was pleasantly suprised at how good this flavor was. Tasted like a creamy vanilla flavor with a subtle cinnamon spice. The sweetness was just right. Just enough sweetness, but not overpowering with that fake sweetner taste. The package says to mix one scoop with 8oz of water. Next time I am going to try it with 6oz to make it a little creamier. I wish I could have mixed it with some milk, but I don't bring milk to the gym for obvious reasons.

On a scale from 1-10
Taste = 9. The reason I didn't give it a 10 is because I am a little partial to chocolate flavors. However this was great.
Mixability = 7. The package says to shake once or twice. I ended up shaking for like 20 times and I still noticed a few small clumps, but the clumps were like little pieces of candy. Clumping is not something I really worry about anyways as long as I get what I need nutrient wise.
Nutrition = 9.The nutrient profile on this is great compared to others. 104 cals, 1g carb, 25g protein, 1g sugar, and less than 1g of fat. Very good Amino Acid profile. label is posted down below.
Overall Impression = 8. To be 100% honest, this is one of the best non chocolate flavors I have tasted. Kudos to All The Whey for nailing this one.

I can't wait untill tomorrow. I am going to try the Chocolate Mint flavor, which is the one I was really considering buying. I have read some reviews saying this one is a keeper.

allthewhey.jpg

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
Nice I'd like to hear how they taste too. You ever had the Choc milk flavor? I'm really thinking about tryin that one. What do u think? Yea or Nay?

I have a sample of the chocolate. I will let you know what I think.. I am really antsy to try the chocolate mint flavor. Based on the first sample I tried I would have to say Yay. Plus the price for a 5lb-10lb container is very reasonable.

Check out this link to the All The Whey company forum. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/all-whey/86841-atw-discount-code.html You can get free shipping or 12% off. I am pretty sure the offer is still good. It was posted not even a month ago.

jix77

Awards
The discount codes still work. I just used the free shipping one earlier this week. I got 5lbs of the Cinnamonbun and really like the taste so far. They also threw in samples of the chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry I have yet to try.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
Chocolate mint flavor

Well today I was excited to try the chocolate mint flavor, and honestly I was somewhat disappointed. I have read a couple of threads around different boards that talked this flavor up soo much that I was expecting to be blown away. Don't get me wrong it is a lot better than others I have had, but not stellar by any means. I also might not have been too impressed because I loved the Cinnimon Bun flavor soo much.

It was a little bit creamier than the cinnimon bun. The flavor was mostly chocolate with a not too strong mint flavor. The taste was very good, just not what I expected.

On a scale from 1-10
Taste = 7. The taste was so so. Still better than most other proteins I have had. I really do like the cinnimon bun better.
Mixability = 8. For some reason this seemed to mix up a little better than the cinnimon bun. Maybe I was just trying harder.
Nutrition = 10. I have to say that the more I think about it and read the label, the more I am impressed with the nutrition of the All The Whey brand. Low cal (105), Very low carb (1g), low fat(less than 1g), and Very high protein(25g) per scoop that doesn't sacrafice flavor. I like to get my fats and carbs from other sources, which this allows me to do.
Overall Impression= I was a little dissappointed with the Chocolate Mint flavor for two reasons. 1 is that I have seen it talked up soo much in other threads that I was expecting to be blown away. 2nd is that I loved the Cinnimon Bun sooo much that it will be hard to beat.

Tomorrow I am going to try the Carmel vanilla flavor. I am expecting this to be similar to the cinnimon bun but only carmel intead of cinnimon. Should be very good.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
Today I tried the regular chocolate flavor and I have to say that it was damn good. It tasted like Nestle Quick chocolate milk. I was pleasantly suprised. I did like this flavor better than the chocolate mint flavor too. I am suprised at how creamy these shakes are mixed with just water. I can only imagine how good they would be mixed with a little milk.

On a scale from 1-10
Taste = 9. This is one of the best chocolate flavor proteins I think I have tasted given the non-existent fat and carbs.
Mixability = Mixed very well. No clumps and very creamy.
Nutrition = Same nutrition as the others. Low cal, low fat, low carb.
Overall Impression = 9. There are only a few brands that I have had in chocolate that are better than this one. The ones I have had that actually taste better are too high in fat and too high in sugar.

Tomorrow is going to be Vanilla.