Staright up Kratom - Yellow Vein Log (Sponsored)

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
StraightUpKratom - Yellow Vein Log (Sponsored)

Hello all!

Thanks to macedog24 at StraightUpKratom for allowing me to sample some of the new yellow vein kratom! I've utilized their green indo, maeng da, and Bali reserve kratom before and really enjoyed them. The Green indo or bali is particularly nice before bed.

Most are familiar with red, green, and white vein kratom. Yellow is supposed to be more of a newcomer to the scene from what I understand. The effects are that of a mood uplifting and an energizing experience. This is also typical of other strains, especially at lower dosages, with higher dosages yielding more euphoric effects.

Today is day 1 and I started off with weighing the amount that came out with the included scooper. A level scoop weighed 2.03g so that's pretty dang accurate for a 2g dose.

I took it on an empty stomach as I was preparing lunch and ate lunch about 20 minutes after ingesting the yellow vein.

Before I started to eat, I definitely noticed a slight boost in my energy. This was more predominate due to the fact that I've been dieting for 8 weeks and am really starting to feel worn out from being in a deficit.

After I ate my lunch, my energy definitely popped up, I felt alert and overall just good. Ever have those days where you think "Man....I just feel good today..." That's what this did, so I'm very excited to continue researching this into the days that come.

For right now, the 2g is a good starting point, but I will inevitably start to increase it slowly to see what difference in effects that I notice.

Macedog - If you have any other info that should have been included, or just good advice for anyone else, I'm certainly open to hear it. Thanks again for this opportunity!

Be sure to check out their selection here!: https://straightupkratom.com/
Kratom.jpg

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
So a quick little update that I've noticed after today's first trial. My sinuses are super clear lol, but with that I've noticed my throat is particularly dry. It's like water just rolls off of it and I can't quench my thirst no matter what. Kind of annoying, but only slightly. No cotton mouth, it's seriously just in the back of the throat and sinus area.

Honestly, most of the time my sinuses are a little clogged so I'm appreciating the ability to breathe easier.

I won't make it a habit of making a separate post for every little thing I noticed, but I figured I'd go ahead and post this up after I was sitting here just kind of noticing I couldn't drink enough water.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So a quick little update that I've noticed after today's first trial. My sinuses are super clear lol, but with that I've noticed my throat is particularly dry. It's like water just rolls off of it and I can't quench my thirst no matter what. Kind of annoying, but only slightly. No cotton mouth, it's seriously just in the back of the throat and sinus area.

Honestly, most of the time my sinuses are a little clogged so I'm appreciating the ability to breathe easier.

I won't make it a habit of making a separate post for every little thing I noticed, but I figured I'd go ahead and post this up after I was sitting here just kind of noticing I couldn't drink enough water.
Thank you Nubioso, you post up any time you feel like it. The more the better. We appreciate it and im sure the community does. Yellow is a great strain. Ive noticed the same thing with my sinus also. Glad you started on the low end. You will see a big difference as you increase your dose.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! I'll get in on this!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Took 1g this morning before work. I know I had 2g yesterday, but being that it was the morning time, I wanted to be safe than sorry. Didn't really notice anything from the 1g so I'm sure I would have been okay to go with more.

Decided to take 2.5g at lunch time and even with that little increase, and probably due to having a gram earlier in the day, I'm getting a little bit more of the euphoric side of this strain. Nothing too intense however, but a slight sense of floating. Still is mostly an energizing euphoric effect, however, as it's not like it's putting me to sleep.

Sinuses nice and clear again, but noticing that the back of my throat isn't overly dry like previously experienced.

I'll probably keep titrating up in about half gram increments. I think I'll skip the morning tomorrow and do 3g at lunch and see how that treats me.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
I have veterans day off from work so I decided to try 3g of Kratom. I also smoke herb so this may have affected the results a little bit as I didn't notice so much of the kratom coming through. I've heard of instances where it can amplify other medications and such.

About a couple hours later I took 2g more. Feeling pretty good overall. I think it's help staving off the wanting to just lie down for a weed nap as I'm being a bit lazy today. Also seems to have helped get rid of some of the jitters from preworkout a bit earlier.

Just a quick update for today. I think tomorrow I may try 5g right off the bat instead of breaking it up and gauge the effects of that.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have veterans day off from work so I decided to try 3g of Kratom. I also smoke herb so this may have affected the results a little bit as I didn't notice so much of the kratom coming through. I've heard of instances where it can amplify other medications and such.

About a couple hours later I took 2g more. Feeling pretty good overall. I think it's help staving off the wanting to just lie down for a weed nap as I'm being a bit lazy today. Also seems to have helped get rid of some of the jitters from preworkout a bit earlier.

Just a quick update for today. I think tomorrow I may try 5g right off the bat instead of breaking it up and gauge the effects of that.
Very informative update my friend...
thank you!

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Great log. Keep us posted .

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Took 5g yesterday although wound up not getting to really enjoy the effects as I took a nap shortly after. Prior to that though I was certainly feeling good, I had just gotten very bad sleep the previous night.

Took 2.5g this morning before work. Gave me a nice little boost and thus far the 2.5-3g mark seems to be my sweets spot for giving me a little boost of smooth energy and just overall good feeling of well being.

Probably sounds weird, but I'm really enjoying the sinus clearing effects of this particular strain. I feel like I can just breathe a lot easier which is a huge plus for me.

Also really enjoying the clean energy you get. It's very mild of course. Anything stronger and it'd be a full on stimulant which kratom isn't meant to be, but it definitely gets you up just a bit and in a very good way.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Took 5g yesterday although wound up not getting to really enjoy the effects as I took a nap shortly after. Prior to that though I was certainly feeling good, I had just gotten very bad sleep the previous night.

Took 2.5g this morning before work. Gave me a nice little boost and thus far the 2.5-3g mark seems to be my sweets spot for giving me a little boost of smooth energy and just overall good feeling of well being.

Probably sounds weird, but I'm really enjoying the sinus clearing effects of this particular strain. I feel like I can just breathe a lot easier which is a huge plus for me.

Also really enjoying the clean energy you get. It's very mild of course. Anything stronger and it'd be a full on stimulant which kratom isn't meant to be, but it definitely gets you up just a bit and in a very good way.
When or if you get up to 4-5 gr the energy is gonna be more pronounced. It wont feel like a caffeine buzz, but you will just want to get up and do things. Its pretty awesome... Its a nice smooth feeling.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
When or if you get up to 4-5 gr the energy is gonna be more pronounced. It wont feel like a caffeine buzz, but you will just want to get up and do things. Its pretty awesome... Its a nice smooth feeling.
Any tips on researching the higher quantities? 2.5-3g is about my sweet spot for just being able to take it straight to the dome and wash it down with water. Kratom in general doesn't seem to mix well in water so I don't do that usually, but I'm open to suggestions!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
took 5g this morning as I'm getting a little more comfortable with it and the effects I can expect.

As usual, got my nice little boost and sinus clearing which is always a plus for me. A bit tired this morning in general, but still had a solid workout and the Kratom seems to give me a good little bit of focus as well which is good on some of these more boring, tedious days at work.

I do want to try experimenting with even higher dosages, however, 5g as it is is a lot of powder to swallow. It doesn't mix very well in water, but I may try doing that and drinking some instead.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
I'm really enjoying the 3g I have in the morning. I've saw someone else say that it helps them focus and I can certainly attest to that.

I haven't tried it preworkout to see if it helps with my lifts. Main reason is because of my preworkout and everything else that I take while fasted, I'm not sure if it'll hurt my workout or not by messing with my stomach a bit.

I think I'll keep at around the 2.5-3g range as I'm not noticing any added benefits going up to 5g at the moment.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
took 5g this morning as I'm getting a little more comfortable with it and the effects I can expect.

As usual, got my nice little boost and sinus clearing which is always a plus for me. A bit tired this morning in general, but still had a solid workout and the Kratom seems to give me a good little bit of focus as well which is good on some of these more boring, tedious days at work.

I do want to try experimenting with even higher dosages, however, 5g as it is is a lot of powder to swallow. It doesn't mix very well in water, but I may try doing that and drinking some instead.
Try mixing it with orange juice...makes a huge difference in taste and getting it down. 2-3 grams is also my kratom sweet spot (higher doses just make me tired and nauseous).

Also, mixing it with orange juice (or lemon juice...which works even better) assists in the extraction of the alkaloids from the Kratom leaf and thus absorption of more alkaloids in a shorter time frame (stronger effects). I've found letting it sit for a bit after mixing to work best (more time for the extraction).

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Try mixing it with orange juice...makes a huge difference in taste and getting it down. 2-3 grams is also my kratom sweet spot (higher doses just make me tired and nauseous).

Also, mixing it with orange juice (or lemon juice...which works even better) assists in the extraction of the alkaloids from the Kratom leaf and thus absorption of more alkaloids in a shorter time frame (stronger effects). I've found letting it sit for a bit after mixing to work best (more time for the extraction).
Good to know man, I'll definitely have to try it. Don't drink a lot of orange juice these days just because I'd rather eat than drink my calories type deal. However, I do love the stuff!

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm really enjoying the 3g I have in the morning. I've saw someone else say that it helps them focus and I can certainly attest to that.

I haven't tried it preworkout to see if it helps with my lifts. Main reason is because of my preworkout and everything else that I take while fasted, I'm not sure if it'll hurt my workout or not by messing with my stomach a bit.

I think I'll keep at around the 2.5-3g range as I'm not noticing any added benefits going up to 5g at the moment.
Oj. Is my favorite to use. See in the pics i only use about 4-6oz of juice. Didnt have oj that day. After i shake 5-6grs up its very bubbly. So i let it settle down and then shake it again . as the bubbles settle down i swirl it in my hand so the kratom hasnt settled on the bottom and then down it. Usually there is nothing left in the bottle except what you see. But if you use alot of juice. It makes it harder.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Thanks macedog! I put some in a little water with lemon juice today and it wasn't too bad. I think I had a little too much water, but easily remedied.

Still enjoying 3g doses the best!

rockymtnoak

Awards
just going to throw my 2 cents in here. this herbal supp can be a godsend, or it can be the debt called in by the devil. supplemented it for a long time with incredible benefits, one of the most productive times of my life. but like all good things, tolerance came quickly, lessened effects etc. for something that seems so benign if you misuse it you will be in for a absolutely horrible time down the road. having had surgeries galore.. I can say that irresponsible use of k can rival pharma grade withdrawals. Not trying to dissuade. I really mean it when I say Kratom was a godsend. but just like every supplement we TAKE it must be used responsibly. no issues and tons of benefits with responsible use which I am all for. if you are an a$$hat though you will pay the piper.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
just going to throw my 2 cents in here. this herbal supp can be a godsend, or it can be the debt called in by the devil. supplemented it for a long time with incredible benefits, one of the most productive times of my life. but like all good things, tolerance came quickly, lessened effects etc. for something that seems so benign if you misuse it you will be in for a absolutely horrible time down the road. having had surgeries galore.. I can say that irresponsible use of k can rival pharma grade withdrawals. Not trying to dissuade. I really mean it when I say Kratom was a godsend. but just like every supplement we TAKE it must be used responsibly. no issues and tons of benefits with responsible use which I am all for. if you are an a$$hat though you will pay the piper.
As long as it is not abused. There will be no issues. If your running it for months with no breaks your asking for trouble.
I suggest when running high doses or 20gr a day and over give yourself a day or 2 break every 2 weeks. This will keep your tolerance from building up.
My tolerance is the same since day one.
Moderation , and just be sensible.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
As long as it is not abused. There will be no issues. If your running it for months with no breaks your asking for trouble.
I suggest when running high doses or 20gr a day and over give yourself a day or 2 break every 2 weeks. This will keep your tolerance from building up.
My tolerance is the same since day one.
Moderation , and just be sensible.
I'm guessing when doing 20g a day that's not all at once, correct?

Sorry for the lack of updates, I just felt I was becoming a little repetitive. Like you said Mace, I'm finding that taking a break of a couple days makes all the difference. Just took 3g of kratom this morning after a few days break and it's still hitting as well as the first time I tried it.

I forget how much I like this yellow vein and the focus it provides. It's very subtle, not like a burst of energy from caffeine, but you just notice a little extra something there.

Thus far, this yellow vein is probably my favorite strain. Tolerance must be going up a little bit though as I took 3g of bali last night and didn't really feel the effects. 5g is the most I've taken at any one time and I might try that with the green indo or bali this evening.