Better Than Your Best - Xtend Perform Log

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
First I need to thank 1Fast400 and The Solution for taking a chance on me to log this new product. I realize that my post count is not the highest (read: very low), but I appreciate the opportunity to become more involved in the community.

front.jpg

label.jpg

So about me, I weight train 6 days a week, following a pretty basic push, pull, legs split. I also do a pretty fair amount of cardio, with nightly swims usually around ~30 mins during the week, with longer ones on weekends (time permitting), along with two sprint interval sessions and one long (~10 mile) run throughout the week, with biking in between run days. I don't consider myself the strongest or the fastest athlete, but I am trying to train in a way where I can become stronger, bigger, and also more "fit" in general. I typically lift around 4PM, and do cardio either immediately after, or around 7PM after dinner.

My goals for this run are mainly just to reach a higher level of performance than I previously believed could be achieved in ~22 days. I have used Xtend before, and loved everything about it from flavor to recovery. I hope to see the most from the addition of Peak O2, a product which I have never before used. According to the research, dosing PeakO2 at 4g daily, which I intend to do, helped increase the athlete's VO2 Max levels, in addition to other benefits. I intend to take weekly beep/bleep/pacer tests throughout this run to see if experimentally my VO2 Max does increase. I may also at some point have access to a real VO2 Max testing machine, but more on that later. I intend to dose the product at one scoop intra workout during my lift, and one scoop pre/intra for cardio.

My history with bcaas has been mainly xtend, along with BPI best amino/best bcaas, ON bcaas, and some of the really cheap myprotein ones in the past. I also currently use preworkout (mr hyde) and SNS cre.

My lift for today is a Pull day, aka Back/bis for me.

Pull-ups(unweighted) 5x12
Pull-ups(weighted) 3x6
Bent over DB rows 5x12
Lat Pulldown(wide) 4x8
Seated Cable Row 5x12
Alternating DB Curl 3x10(each)
Preacher Curl 5x10
Face Pulls 3x12
Single Arm Cable Curl 2x12(each) 1xAMRAP

Assorted Abs ~5-10 mins

~15 min bike (easy)
~30 min swim

And I will finish the day with a beep test later tonight to get my baseline for the run if facilities allow. If not, I'll be doing that tomorrow.

I understand that I have not yet actually logged a product for this forum before, so by all means I would appreciate any input/suggestions for anyone who follows this run. I really am excited for the results, and can't wait to get after it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
All we ask
- be honest
- have fun
- be detailed
- take notes on what you notice.

Just update and keep us in the loop brother.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
first update!

Beep test #1: reached round 12 and 2 shuttles, which according to my little calculator gives me a base VO2 Max of 54.29 ml/kg/min. I understand that this is not a 100% factual test, and that this number should be taken with a grain of salt, but I do firmly believe that if I see this number increasing over the course of this run that it will at least demonstrate that the Peak O2 is working.

Lift/swim/bike all went well this evening, so I'll just make a few first impressions comments about the powder.
To test mixability, I decided to mix it in a 20 fl oz gatorade bottle. It blended easily without the blender ball, leaving absolutely no chunks or residue. The only other significant item to note is the flavor. Black Cherry tastes phenomenal, kind of reminiscent of black cherry warhead hard candies. Scivation back at it again with another great flavoring. Updates on recovery will be seen tomorrow.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Hit legs/dynamic "military fit" day yesterday and feel really good today. Doms have typically been more pronounced since I started setting squats and deads on the same days, but honestly feeling really good today. Didnt get any cardio in yesterday, but thats fine since I have a long swim and a 10 mile run on the docket for today (no lifting), and again Ill be sipping the xtend intra. Nothing else significant to note at this point.

Workout from yesterday was:

Warmup (bike/stretch/lunge)

Back Squats : warmup+6x4
Deadlifts : 6x3
Deadlifts(deficit) : 5x5 +1xamrap
Split Jerks : 5x4
Hang Clean - Box Jump (set) : 4x12 (30 sec rest)
Walking Lunges : 4x16
Hammy curls - quad extensions (set): 5x12 +1 amPrap

super excited for the cardio throughout today. Thoughts on that tomorrow.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Make sure your taking 2 scoops (1 pre and 1 intra) or 1 peri-workout and another one later in the day. To get the 4g of Peak02 daily.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Make sure your taking 2 scoops (1 pre and 1 intra) or 1 peri-workout and another one later in the day. To get the 4g of Peak02 daily.
im actually wishing I could take more than two and just sip it though out the entire day lol. It does taste very good

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
im actually wishing I could take more than two and just sip it though out the entire day lol. It does taste very good
There would be 0 benefit in sipping BCAA's all day long. Much better to dose around your workout or between meals spaced 4-6 hours apart.
http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/uploads/Norton-J-Ag-Food-Ind-Hi-Tech-2008.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
ok so today I hit a push day with some bike intervals afterwards. I can honestly say im feeling really good in the gym, feeling like I need to rest a bit less in between sets, especially compounds where I try to rest a bit more in between. Legs are also really holding up well after the 10 miler yesterday, not finding myself out of breath for the entire run honestly. My feet started wearing down before my cardio did. Unfortunately had to skip the swim for tonight, and probably have to tomorrow as well, but still keeping on track otherwise. Workout is posted below. Looking forward to friday for the next beep test.

Push day:

Warm-up

barbell bench: 5x5 +2xamrap
incline barbell: 5x8
weighted dips: 3x12
seated db shoulder press: 5x10
unweighted dips: 3x30
close neutral grip db bench: 4x12
skullcrushers: 3x12
front/side lateral raises: 3x12
machine flyes: 4x12

assorted abs

bike intervals

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hows your nutrition on top of your Xtend Perform log? For how much activity you do you will need to be eating a cow literally.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Hows your nutrition on top of your Xtend Perform log? For how much activity you do you will need to be eating a cow literally.
occasionally I may feel I dont get enough calories, but most days thats not really an issue (get > 3500 usually). In between meals/snacks are usually fruit, yogurt, or some kinda peanuts/trail mix. Meals are fairly balanced regarding macros, so its really just the portions I worry about getting in, and thats usually not an issue since, like you said, I have to eat a lot to keep up with the cardio+lifting work.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
occasionally I may feel I dont get enough calories, but most days thats not really an issue (get > 3500 usually). In between meals/snacks are usually fruit, yogurt, or some kinda peanuts/trail mix. Meals are fairly balanced regarding macros, so its really just the portions I worry about getting in, and thats usually not an issue since, like you said, I have to eat a lot to keep up with the cardio+lifting work.
For your work (especially endurance based) do not be afraid to sip on extra gatorade, or get some simple sugar snacks/candy to help keep kcals up and use them around training. I would slam around 50-100g of periworkout carbs if you could (gatorade, dextrose, waxy maize, HBCD) which should really help your endurance and performance with your workout schedule.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Sorry its been two workouts since postin. This has been the scheduling week from hell, and my body is startin to feel it.

Yesterday hit a pull workout with some interval sprints afterwards. This workout felt incredible. I was pumped up beyond belief, and I felt like I had to rest a lot less between sets. Definitely a great lift.

Pull:

Pull-ups(unweighted) 5x12
Chin-ups(weighted) 5x6 - felt some shoulder tightness and opted for the underhand grip instead. definitely a good call
Bent over DB rows 5x12
Lat Pulldown(wide) 4x8
Seated Row Machine 5x16 - try to use the seated cable b/c I like it more, but had to go with this one today
Alternating DB Curl 3x10 (each)
Single Arm Preacher Curl 3x16 (each)
Face Pulls 3x10
Single Arm Cable Curl 2x12(each) 1xAMRAP

6x400 intervals w/ 400 tempos in between
Of note on the intervals...I was able to keep the same pacing for the intervals within about 5 seconds, which is pretty good considering the number of them I ran. Very interested to see the beep test for this friday.

Today, in comparison, unfortunately held a much worse workout. I was running on a bit under 4 hours of sleep, and really s****y nutrition throughout the first half of the day. Legs isn't my favorite day to start with, but I grinded through it and it ended up being a decent workout when all was said and done.

Warmup (bike/stretch/lunge)

Back Squats : warmup+8x2
Deadlifts : 5x5
Deadlifts(deficit) : 5x3 +1xamrap
Hang Clean - Box Jump (set) : 5x12 (30 sec rest)
Hang Clean - solo - 3x4
Walking Lunges : 4x16
Hammy curls - quad extensions (set): 5x12 +1x40 (alternating legs)

15 min hard bike

ive also seen that its easier for me to keep the same rpm on the bike for the whole 15 min session. I cant with any hard numbers say that thats the Peak o2 working yet, but from what weve been told that would be a good guess.

Tomorrow is chest again, and hopefully I can make it back into the pool. Been a scheduling+facilities its been a bit hard getting in the pool, but definitely focusing on it still.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mate, get some sleep! Food and sleep is much needed to get you back on track.
Great work in here.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Another two workouts done

Hit push with some cardio yesterday, along with pull today. Unfortunately I was midway through the beep test for this evening and I was forced to cut it short, as the indoor field I was using was promptly closed. Heading back tomorrow morning/early afternoon to get that reading. Hoping to better my score from last week!

Push

bb bench 5x5 5x3 (paused)
incline bb bench 5x10
neutral close grip db bench 5x12
weighted dips 5x12
unweighted dips 3x30
machine flyes 3x16
skullcrushers 3x12
cable pushdowns 4x16

Run intervals 6x400 w/ 400 tempo in between
Shoulder started feeling a bit off (have impingement or something) after incline, so I left out the normal shoulder presses and raises.

Overall i felt like a beast besides the shoulder struggles.

Today:

Pull
Pull-ups(unweighted) 5x12 - shoulder was giving some issues today as well. Not really using a joint supp at this time...may invest in some flexatril after reading more of the current running logs
Bent over DB rows 5x12
Lat Pulldown(wide) 5x12
Seated Neutral Cable 5x20 - felt a sweet squeeze on these today and got a sweet pump
Preacher Machine 5x12
Face Pulls 3x10
Hammer Curls 4x12
Single Arm Concentration curls 3x12 -threw these in for the hell of it since the bis felt so good today. Left absolutely torched

as I said I was midway through the beep test when I had to call it. Definitely doing it again tomorrow...trying to see the peak o2 in action.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looks like Perform is really hitting you hard man. That is awesome to see
Almost 1 week in and seeing the results exactly like the people in the study did.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This kid is perfect to test drive this product! Nice work man!

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
BIG UPDATE!

So yesterday (saturday) I actually was able to finish my second beep test, and I made it to level 12 shuttle 10! Marking an increase of 8 shuttles overall and a new Vo2 Max reading of 56.6 ml/kg/min, up from 54.3 last friday. I am Pretty happy with this result, though it is not a gigantic increase, since the only thing I changed in my routine was the addition of the xtend perform. Definitely excited to see more quantifiable results as the run continues. My lower back was giving me a little trouble, and this weekend has been hectic as all get out, so I may push my long run into the week, and maybe squeeze in legs today if I can, since all I had time for yesterday was the beep test. The future is looking good!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
BIG UPDATE!

So yesterday (saturday) I actually was able to finish my second beep test, and I made it to level 12 shuttle 10! Marking an increase of 8 shuttles overall and a new Vo2 Max reading of 56.6 ml/kg/min, up from 54.3 last friday. I am Pretty happy with this result, though it is not a gigantic increase, since the only thing I changed in my routine was the addition of the xtend perform. Definitely excited to see more quantifiable results as the run continues. My lower back was giving me a little trouble, and this weekend has been hectic as all get out, so I may push my long run into the week, and maybe squeeze in legs today if I can, since all I had time for yesterday was the beep test. The future is looking good!
Good to see the gigantic increase and VO2 increase on your training in just a week.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, love people that actually track things!

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, love people that actually track things!
haha yeah I knew I wanted some quantifiable data to go along with this. I could talk about how I feel all day but the numbers show that the Peak O2 is doing what it claimed it would do.

Good to see the gigantic increase and VO2 increase on your training in just a week.
I know! I am super excited to see where this goes after a whole tub...or probably two....or three....;)

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
This weekend, mainly sunday, was hectic as all get out, and honestly kept me out of the gym and from doin cardio, and normally I wouldve woken up ready to crush today. Instead I was up late last night and felt like this day was crushing me, until I got to my lift. Today's lift turned my whole day around, and the cardio was absolutely stellar.

Lower back wasnt feeling it a whole lot again for some reason, so I held off on legs/dynamic and stayed on schedule with a push day
Recovery was on point for 3~4 hours of sleep and I was moving better weight than I was last chest day. Even added 2 extra sets on bb bench.

Push:

Warmup

bb flat bench 7x3 +3x3 paused
bb incline 5x10
weighted dips 4x12 (upped weight)
unweighted 1xamrap (ended up around 40-some)
db shoulder press 4x12
db close neutral grip 4x12
skullcrusher 5x12
front/side raises 4x10
reverse grip cable pushdowns 4x12
db flyes 5x12 - usually prefer finishing with the isolation with the machine, but I managed

Followed the lift with 15 hard mins on bike. It is of note to add I set a pacing pr on the stationary bike for my 15 min hard ride, keeping a higher rpm and going a further total distance than before. I wasnt even intending to do this, and was really surprised given the lack of sleep today.

Finished with a combined abs/pushup set, lasting about 10 mins.

Gettin a full night of sleep tonight, and ready to demolish my back tomorrow. Things are going well.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Another couple workouts down. Definitely havent forgotten about this log dont worry. Weather has been complete ass all week, so been biking mainly. Beep test will be done tomorrow morning.

5/3 Pull

Warmup

Pullups 10x10 - felt really good and very in control of my body during these. First 5 sets were cake, but i definitely felt it on the last couple.
Bent over DB rows 5x12
Lat Pulldown(wide) 4x12
Seated Neutral Grip Cable 5x20
Preacher Machine SS with Hammer Curls 5x12
Face Pulls 3x10
Single Arm Cable Curls 3x20

15 min hard bike

5/4 Legs

Decided today to try and focus more on deadlifts vs squats, so thats what I started with.

Warmup

Deads 5x3 + 3x3 (paused)
Deficit Deads 5x8
Front Squat 4x10
Split Jerk 2x8 + 5x3
Hang Cleans 4x12
Lunges 4x12 (each leg)
Hammie Curl/Quad Extension set 5x10 + 1xamPrap

4x400 intervals (had to cut short)

5/5 Push

Shoulders were feeling a bit tight after heavy split jerks yesterday, but it ended up being a phenomenal workout.

Warmup

BB Bench 5x5 + 5x3 (paused)
BB Incline 4x12
Weighted dips 3x16
Unweighted dips 3x30
CG Neutral DB 4x10
V Bar Cable Pushdown 4x12
Chest Flyes - 3x16
Single Arm Tri Pushdown 3x16 (each)

10 Mins of 60:60 intervals on bike w/ a lot more resistance than usual. THAT kicked my ass lol. Tomorrows workout and Beep test results will be up tomorrow :D

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looking forward to the change in the VO2 max over time in here man. Great job and incredible work ethic.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Ok so big update for the week

beep test saw yet another improvement. I made it to the 13th level and the 2nd shuttle. My goal was to hit 13 by the end of the tub, and that has been realized so I am very happy today. Calculator says that my current vo2 max is 57.7, meaning I have seen an increase of 2% since last week, and 5% overall. Though 5% overall may not seem like a huge increase, it is important to note that the only thing I really changed was the addition of the Xtend Perform. I have actually been swimming a bit less frequently due to my schedule than I was before I started taking the product. 5% increase in just two weeks is a pretty solid increase for anything from a supplement (non-anabolic of course). It is also important to note that Vo2 max is a non-linear measurement of fitness, meaning that it tapers off asymptotically after a while, so there is physically less room to increase the higher you go. The results I get from this product could be significantly more or significantly less than what you could get depending on your current fitness level as I understand it, though it seems pretty clear just about everyone is making serious progress in their logs. Looking forward to the next test!

Also today hit Legs/dynamic

Warmup

Front Squat 4x10
Deads 5x3 + 3x3
Deficit Deads 5x8
Split Jerk 2x8 + 5x3
Hang Cleans 4x12
Lunges 4x12 (each leg)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ok so big update for the week

beep test saw yet another improvement. I made it to the 13th level and the 2nd shuttle. My goal was to hit 13 by the end of the tub, and that has been realized so I am very happy today. Calculator says that my current vo2 max is 57.7, meaning I have seen an increase of 2% since last week, and 5% overall. Though 5% overall may not seem like a huge increase, it is important to note that the only thing I really changed was the addition of the Xtend Perform. I have actually been swimming a bit less frequently due to my schedule than I was before I started taking the product. 5% increase in just two weeks is a pretty solid increase for anything from a supplement (non-anabolic of course). It is also important to note that Vo2 max is a non-linear measurement of fitness, meaning that it tapers off asymptotically after a while, so there is physically less room to increase the higher you go. The results I get from this product could be significantly more or significantly less than what you could get depending on your current fitness level as I understand it, though it seems pretty clear just about everyone is making serious progress in their logs. Looking forward to the next test!

Also today hit Legs/dynamic

Warmup

Front Squat 4x10
Deads 5x3 + 3x3
Deficit Deads 5x8
Split Jerk 2x8 + 5x3
Hang Cleans 4x12
Lunges 4x12 (each leg)
1Fast400 how is that for feedback? Science!!!

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
alright so its been a little bit and thats my bad

last Sunday i had an absolutely killer chest workout, which surprised me because I was so sore from my last one.

BB Bench 5x5 + 5x3 (paused)
BB Incline 4x12
Weighted dips 4x12
Unweighted dips 3x30
CG Neutral DB 4x10
Chest Flyes - 3x16
Single Arm Tri Pushdown 3x16 (each)

Due to a scheduling thing I had to take two days off, in which my life from sleep to diet to working out went to complete ****. On the upside, I am visiting home now workin out in the gym of the old days. I was very ready to hit it after a two day hiatus.

Lift yesterday was Back n Bis
Pullups 5x10
Bent over DB rows 5x12
Lat Pulldown(wide) 4x12
Seated Neutral Grip Cable 5x20
Preacher Machine SS with Hammer Curls 5x12
Face Pulls 3x10
Single Arm Cable Curls 3x20

gettin back on the cardio train today as well. Hopefully crushing a long bike interval session and some swimming along with my lift today. Still dosing 2x Perform every day. Getting sad to see the bottom of the tub :/

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The bottle goes fast, but you can see just how potent the results are during your run of the product mate. Glad to see you are reaping the benefits.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
The bottle goes fast, but you can see just how potent the results are during your run of the product mate. Glad to see you are reaping the benefits.
its been exactly the best case scenario I hoped for, and its not even over yet. Ive got some serious fitness goals for next November/late September time and it looks like perform is going to be a staple through that.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
its been exactly the best case scenario I hoped for, and its not even over yet. Ive got some serious fitness goals for next November/late September time and it looks like perform is going to be a staple through that.
and we appreciate that feedback man.
Keep an eye out in the company promo section! you just may win another contest!

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday hit a chest, tris, and shoulders lift, pretty standard setup as Ive been doing for this last couple weeks. Weight held consistent throughout the entire workout, and rest between sets was keeping with how Ive been feeling recently. I havent unfortunately been as good with cardio this week, mostly because the beginning of this week was terrible and Ive just been home for the first time in a while for the back half of this week, so the routine is a bit out of whack. Regardless, I am feeling powerful and inexhaustible in the gym absolutely loving it.

Chest/Tris/Shoulder

BB Bench 5x5 + 5x2 + 3x3 (paused) - absolutely killin this today
BB Incline 5x5
DB shoulder press 5x12
Weighted dips 5x12 had a pretty big jump in this today too. Tris felt powerful as all hell
Unweighted dips 2x30
Skullcrusher 4x14
Chest Flyes - 3x16
Front/Side Lat raises 4x12
Single Arm Tri Pushdown 3x16 (each) + Pushups (20) (for the burn)

Assorted Abs

Followed that up with a Leg/Dynamic Leg day today

Warmup

Deads Workup to comfortable single...then 5x3 + 3x8
Deficit Deads 5x8
Front Squat 4x10
Split Jerk Workup to comfortable double...then 2x8 + 5x3
Hang Cleans + Box Jumps 4x12
Lunges 4x12 (each leg)

I may have to wait to get back from my time at home to do the beep test again, for the sake of keeping the test conditions the same, but regardless I have already seen a marked increase in VO2 max, actually quantifiably, and in a decreased rest period between sets and longer endurance (hard to quantify...but take my word for it). Sad to say I can now see the bottom of the bottle, but the changes Ive experienced have made the log more than worth it. Just a few more scoops/days left now!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Always time to order more up! If you loved the run let others know about your experience/feedback on the perform. That way the AM Community can know it is worth its merit in money!

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Ok sorry guys! Thats my fault for letting this one get away from me. Long story short I officially finished the tub a few days back, and I have my final thoughts in order for the review I will post in the reviews section. Please look for it there! Ultimately this product accomplished everything I wanted it to do for me way back in that first post, and it has proven itself to be a strong and versatile product that pretty much anyone can benefit from. My review will be more in depth, but put me down as a believer after that month. I have some pretty lofty goals over the course of the next couple months fitness-wise, and Perform will definitely be one of the tools I use to work towards them!