How should i get my sleeping schedule back on track?

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Ok so i am good i still have 1 week untill school starts and i dont want to go to school asleep, right now i am use to stay up till like 2-4am. and waking up at 10am-2pm so how can i get my sleeping back to like going to bed at 10-11 and waking up at 6?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I know your pain. lol

I used to do wildlife surveys at night so my schedule by the end of summer would be totally messed up.

THE BEST way to deal with this issue is head on...stay up for 24 hours straight, then go to bed a 9pm. This will reset the clock quicker and more efficiently than anything else I know.

Hell, party it up for 24 hours straight..just make sure you stay awake this entire time..go out in the sun and then go to bed early.

A little melatonin before bed and DHEA when you wake up will help this process a little.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I know your pain. lol

I used to do wildlife surveys at night so my schedule by the end of summer would be totally messed up.

THE BEST way to deal with this issue is head on...stay up for 24 hours straight, then go to bed a 9pm. This will reset the clock quicker and more efficiently than anything else I know.

Hell, party it up for 24 hours straight..just make sure you stay awake this entire time..go out in the sun and then go to bed early.

A little melatonin before bed and DHEA when you wake up will help this process a little.
Uh, Bio, are you sure you want to recommend DHEA to a 15 year old?

The fix is pretty easy. Just start going to bed at 10PM now. In a few days, you'll be back on that schedule.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Uh, Bio, are you sure you want to recommend DHEA to a 15 year old?

The fix is pretty easy. Just start going to bed at 10PM now. In a few days, you'll be back on that schedule.
haha yea....
I'd say try the Melatonin. I use it as recent. Don't go crazy though. Do 1mg then 2mg then 3 IF needed. MAny report 2 at most did them good. For some reson it takes 3-6mgs for me. Oh yea and nightmares will happen over 2mgs...I KNOW! I had some messed up shiznit happen in my nightmares.

I would say just give eating early enough and laying dow a shot the 1st day or 2. Once school comes your body aknowledges you need to be up, at least mine does.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
allright i think i know what i am gonna do, tonight i am gonna lay down at like 10 and try and go to bed, if i can't go to sleep maybe i will just get up for a little more watch tv or somthing then try again, and if i end up going to bed at like 1, i am gonna set my alarm to like 8 so i am tired 2morrow and i will fall asleep earlier, but i can't fall alseep during the day or i will still be messed up still.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
You're gonna need sleep supplements. Try benadryl + melatonin. Good combo, maybe throw some xdream in. Also do alot of physical activity to tire yourself out, don't take naps, and for the next day or so, slowly go to bed earlier. On the night before school take the sleep supps early on an empty stomach. Good luck.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
benadryl always makes me feel like crap when i use it for sleep aid so i wouldnt recommend it the night before you go back to school. i would use it now for like two days to help you go to bed early and by the third day try going to bed on your own.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
The proper way to do it which sleep doctors use is with melatonin but without that your ment to goto sleep 1 or 2 hours later every night but you only have afew days, just pump the energy drinks and stay up on a bender until like 6pm, if you wake up at 2am good, that day goto sleep at 9pm and so forth, its painfull but the other option is Ambien.
And as bioman said, spending the morning in the sun helps a lot.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
One dose of DHEA the morning after the first successful night's sleep won't hurt much..but yeah, at 15 he probably doesn't need it at all being that his levels are way high.

If you want to finicky, melatonin is in the same class of hormones so we shouldn't recommend that either.

You really won't need any sleep supps of any kind if you stay up for the 24 hours straight.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ok well i am giving melatonin a try i just took some, i am gonna see if it works, i am heading off to bed soon.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Ok so here is how it went. I took melatonin at around 10-10:10 i ended up falling asleep at 10:30-11 (I am not sure when because i didn't have a clock but i know it didn't take that long to fall asleep.

So i woke up not tired at all at 7:40. I could have easily woken up early i just wasn't sure of the time so i just tryed to keep going back to sleep.

So anyways my question is, should i keep taken it for a few days?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Yea keep taking it, at the same time each night and try get out of bed at the same time, if you can gradually lower your dose of melatonin.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
i only take 4mg. which is one pill so would i have to like break it in half.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
You only need to take about 1mg for the stuff to work, 4mg is a lot.

Fisha7487

Fisha7487

Awards
Good question. I've had this problem my whole life, and i found the fastest and easiest way to do this is to just stay up as late as you norm would till like 4, and then wake up @ 6. U'll wanna take a nap real bad durin the day but dont, push it out till 9-10:00, and ull be good to go for school. You might wanna start doin this now so ur fully back on schedule. I'd say skip the drugs to help u fall asleep, I've found that the more that i take them, the more than i become dependant on them. If you you're still having a hard time sleeping, eating something with tryptophan usually helps. Something like turkey, oatmeal or peanut butter should do it. Also try to get your workout in during the morning, the closer you workout towards bedtime, the harder it is to fall asleep.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ya that is what i was told before and it is probably the best way. i know it is hard, you just gotta push yourself, last night i skipped the drugs and i am gonna just try it again tonight i am gonna go back to bed at 10. And i was thinking it would be nice during school to be able to get up at like 5:30 and run in the morning it would get my day going then take a shower and get ready.