Help with clean bulk diet.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I'm about to start a bulk diet for two months and want to get everything on track. I was hoping for some input/critique.

I am 6 foot, 194 pounds and was at 13 percent body fat a few weeks ago but i think ive put on about 2% recently. Therefore i dont want to add too much fat so i want to clean bulk while taking anabeta. How is this meal plan?

Meal 1 Breakfast.

1 cup of oatmeal with milk: 232 calories, 32.5 carbs, 6.2 fat, 12 grams protien
4 eggs: 286 calories, 1.4 carbs, 19 fat, 25 protien.
Total: 518 calories, 34g carbs, 25g fat, 37 g protien.

Meal 2: 11 am
180 Grams chicken: 300 calories, 0 carbs, 11.7g fat, 50g protien
1 serving steamed vegetables: 70 calories; 13g carbs, 0g fat, 2g protien
Total: 370 calories, 13g carbs, 11.7g fat, 52g protien.

Meal 3: 2 pm
180 Grams chicken: 300 calories, 0 carbs, 11.7g fat, 50g protien
1 cup of brown rice; 216 calories, 45g carbs 1.8g fat, 5g protien.
Total: 516 calories: 45g carbs, 13.5g fat, 55g protien

Meal 4 5pm
250 grams of low fat cottage cheese: 216 calories, 6.8g carbs, 2.5g fat, 31g protien
30 grams of unsulted penuts: 176 calories, 6.5g carbs, 14.9g fat, 7.1 g protien
Total: 392 calories, 13.3g carbs, 17.5 g fat, 38 grams protien

6pm: preworkout shake
Workout: 6:30pm

8pm: post workout shake: 350 calories 14g carbs, 17g fat, 30g protien.

meal 5: 9pm dinner:
150g serlion steak: 282 calories, 0g carbs, 10g fat, 45g protien
1 serving steamed vegetables: 70 calories; 13g carbs, 0g fat, 2g protien
1 cup of brown rice; 216 calories, 45g carbs 1.8g fat, 5g protien.

total: 566 calories: 58g carbs, 12g fat, 52g protien

Meal 6: 11pm
250 grams of low fat cottage cheese: 216 calories, 6.8g carbs, 2.5g fat, 31g protien

Total:2962 calories: 184g carbs, 99g fat, 295g protien

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
If this were my diet:
Meal 1 - no milk, make it 2 eggs, 4 egg whites, maybe some turkey bacon or half a grapefruit

Whats that pre-workout shake like? I like having carbs pre not post, but its up to you. You could do both, but you have em in Meal 5. Thats A LOT of fats postworkout, very slow absorption. Whats in that shake? If youre gonna have meal 5 an hour later, you really only need a quick shot of protein and maybe some simple carbs post workout shake.

Im very paleo/anti-dairy so cottage cheese doesnt flow with me. But to each their own. If you wanna go clean I would drop out milk and cheese.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Thankyou for your reply.

Its fairly low fat milk and my body loves cottage cheese, its one of the main reasons i put it in. The preworkout shake is muscle pharm assault. Yeh, my bulk gainer has a fair bit of fat it in. They are mostly medium chain triglycerides, which i understand take more calories to burn off than they give you. The owner of my gym said he thought it was a really good shake. Hes an ex-pro, so i took his word for it. Thinking about it i may not have needed to buy that particular one...but this is an ideal diet. Sometimes i have to run off and cant get my post meal in so this will be useful. I do have some WPC an bcaas sitting round as well. I figure since im trying to put on weight i might as well use it. will the fats slow digestion?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you have a hard time getting in quality meals, you could use NTBM Better Protein Bars. They're good whole food based bars that have a good mix of macros, very convenient to take with you and eat, and they taste great. Check 'em out: http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Snacks-amp-Meal-Replacements/Better-Protein-Bars-p18.html

You can get 15% off with the code: needto139

The BCAA you have would be good to use only if your meal isn't going to get you 5g+ of leucine since that threshold stimulates Muscle Protein Synthesis. Otherwise, you'll be getting enough protein through diet that BCAA wouldn't do much. BCAA would be good for spiking leucine/MPS pre-meal for you, that's about it IMO. Meal 1 looks like the best time in your diet to use BCAA, maybe meal 5 too.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
OK. Im not too familiar with MP Assault but ill take your word for it. MCTs post are good like that so ill roll with it. Like Milas said, the BCAAs might be unnecessary since youre in a bulk diet and that prewo shake should cover it. Fats can slow digestion but certain things like MCT have little effect. Hey, you know youre body better than I so if cottage cheese work for you then go for it.

I always mean to mention dont be afraid to eat more, if you feel hungry then eat. the NTBM Better Bars are a good option. Get in extra qaulity carbs and protein if you get hungry and need a snack.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Ive recently started to make my own protien bars. Essentially, im having oats, honey, natural penut butter, wpc and penuts and milk mixed up and put into the fridge. However, im a little concerned with adding honey because of the sugar. Unfortunatly, in this recipe honey as acting as the glue. Whats your oppinion on honey, should it be avoided?

If i am hungry, i will eat more. Thats a lesson i have learnt and really goes against what i learnt growing up. I just try to have quality meats stocked in my fridge ready to go so if hungar strikes...its all good and i dont crack open a box of chicken nuggets.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man. Eat. As long as its clean food youre good. Its almost a stupid thought to teach a kid not to eat if hes hungry. Obviously theres a reason!!!! Listen to your body, itll tell you what it needs.

As for honey, i would stress it. Yeah its all sugar but it has a suprisingly low GI and glycemic load. Index is 55 with a load of 10. Cooked brown rice, in comparison, is GI 47 with Load 16.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man. Eat. As long as its clean food youre good. Its almost a stupid thought to teach a kid not to eat if hes hungry. Obviously theres a reason!!!! Listen to your body, itll tell you what it needs.

As for honey, i would stress it. Yeah its all sugar but it has a suprisingly low GI and glycemic load. Index is 55 with a load of 10. Cooked brown rice, in comparison, is GI 47 with Load 16.
Sweet! I'm going to go make another batch of protein bars right now!