Crazeeeeeee 202 presser

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Cm arrives late. Pisses off nate. Nate walks out flipping the bird. Screaming match then throwing match ensues. Cm can't throw for shizzzzz!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly, I don't get how McGregor is able to talk trash about Diaz. I understand that he's selling the fight, but it's nuts. He got his ass beat by somebody that wasn't supposed to win.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Dont confuse the issue with facts! Lol! He's pr ing full volume and the truth had no place....

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah. Diaz is a crazy dude, but I can't help but think that he's doing the same thing. Might as well make the money while the chance is there.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
He put in his time. He was nobody's golden boy like cm. He busted his acc every step of the way .-against a system which did its best to hold him back. I hope nate crushes him and turns the ufc on its rear!

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Meh , he got the right fight at the right time by pure luck. His "down with the man ". Schtik is getting old. He has a good chin. ,but like his brother gets pissed when other fighters don't stand toe to toe with him slugging it out.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Meh , he got the right fight at the right time by pure luck. His "down with the man ". Schtik is getting old. He has a good chin. ,but like his brother gets pissed when other fighters don't stand toe to toe with him slugging it out.
Luck rewards the prepared. 10 days notice against a guy who was claiming to be unbeatable.....

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A guy who was fighting feather weights and preparing to fight at 155, Same thing would have happened to Nate if he fought at middle or light heavy. Once Nate bloodys him up he will go back to fighting guys he fought before just for more money and lose then 2-3 fights in he will stop

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Luck might have handed him that fight, but it wasn't luck that won it. Also, that fight wasn't finished toe to toe slugging it out. McGregor dove in so that he could tap and not be knocked out which he knew was coming.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He put in his time. He was nobody's golden boy like cm. He busted his acc every step of the way .-against a system which did its best to hold him back. I hope nate crushes him and turns the ufc on its rear!
I hope for the same. Then Dana can go back to focusing on making excuses for Jones.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Luck might have handed him that fight, but it wasn't luck that won it. Also, that fight wasn't finished toe to toe slugging it out. McGregor dove in so that he could tap and not be knocked out which he knew was coming.
Semantics, cm didn't have the power to stand toe to toe because Nate was in there taking the punches just like he does most of the time. Fortunately for him he was fighting someone who made his name in feather weight.

Nate wasn't making money because of himself not because the ufc was keeping him down.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Semantics, cm didn't have the power because Nate was in there taking the punches just like he does most of the time. Fortunately for him he was fighting someone who made his name in feather weight.

Nate wasn't making money because of himself not because the ufc was keeping him down.
I won't argue that Nate doesn't self-destruct. Both the Diaz brothers do. But I find it hard to see how Nate had the advantage here. Nobody forced Conor to jump weight classes. He wanted to show the world that he could beat anybody and he failed.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Connor was jumping 10 pounds before that fight , he had cut to feather multple times and for Connor that's a big cut. Cm is the small weaker fighter, Nate should win this fight if he does what he does best, but he's not some great fighter or anything. He's a brawler most of the time and was 5 and 5 before he was fought cm.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Don't get me wrong I think Nate has a style fans like, but it isn't conducive for consistent winning. He has 2 things going for him , he won over a guy everybody wanted to see knocked out and we're coming to a time that fighters will see pay moving slowly higher and higher so fighters should get paid. All I'm saying once he gets back to the normal guys he fought before this he will probably collect a couple good pay checks in loses and take off.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Connor was jumping 10 pounds before that fight , he had cut to feather multple times and for Connor that's a big cut. Cm is the small weaker fighter, Nate should win this fight if he does what he does best, but he's not some great fighter or anything. He's a brawler most of the time and was 5 and 5 before he was fought cm.
He's a good fighter and way more than just a brawler. Most of his wins have been by submission and he has his own Gracie BJJ gym!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He's 19 and 10! I didn't say he was perfect, but I'll go ahead and say he's a great fighter. I would argue that you have to be at least good to even make it into the UFC and he's been doing just fine while in there.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
He 5-5 his last 10 fights....

Sorry thats not a great fighter, a great fighter is John jones or a gsp not a Nate Diaz.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He 5-5 his last 10 fights....

Sorry thats not a great fighter, a great fighter is John jones or a gsp not a Nate Diaz.
Are you even looking these stats up or assuming that I don't know his record is 6-4 his last 10 fights. Also your use of "is" should be "was" for people that no longer actually make it into a ring. Did you not see Jones' fight at 197? You're going with great on that one?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nate is not a great fighter. Never has been and never will be. He gets the rub since he's Nick's brother, but he's not in the same class. The Diaz brothers will always have a fatal flaw: subpar fight IQ. They don't strategize and rely more on their cardio and chin than a gameplan. The fact that everyone is using a FW fighting at WW to show he's great is all you need to know.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Are you even looking these stats up or assuming that I don't know his record is 6-4 his last 10 fights. Also your use of "is" should be "was" for people that no longer actually make it into a ring. Did you not see Jones' fight at 197? You're going with great on that one?
Sorry I meant before the mcgregor fight and really thats your defense on jones. Jones is 22-1 and his only lose is from a dq.

I think your letting your hate for mcgregor get involved. When mcgregor was going to fight RDJ a lot of people were split on that fight because they felt RDJ had too much power for mcgregor and mcgregor didn't have enough. Only way I think Connor can be consistently successful at 155 is if he stops making the cut 145 so much, I think it makes him weak over time. I think if he was to keep his weight up over time he could get strong enough to compete at 155 a little better. Right now I think he could compete at 155 because he is closer to his out of camp weight over a long period of time, I'm also curious how his next 145 fight will be, thats going to be s hard cut for him this time.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If he drops down to 145 and the goes back to fight Nate, it will be a mistake.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I think it's friggin hilarious that cm won with a ud, but he gets a 6 month medsuspension while nate gets only 30 days - so who got hurt worse?!

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think it's friggin hilarious that cm won with a ud, but he gets a 6 month medsuspension while nate gets only 30 days - so who got hurt worse?!
Cm broke his foot from leg kicking him so much.

I'm guess you didn't see Nates face compared to mcgregors a face, Nate looked he was in a train wreck, mcgregor didn't look nearly as bad.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
C'mon....you know that face contusions are nothing - they just look bad. I somehow think that cm got the worse of those kicks. And what kind of mma fighter hasn't toughened up his shins...lmao

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Foot not shin. Mcgregor hardly looked like he was in a fight face wise.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
C'mon....you know that face contusions are nothing - they just look bad. I somehow think that cm got the worse of those kicks. And what kind of mma fighter hasn't toughened up his shins...lmao
When you kick that hard, breaks happen. Hell, how often does someone break a hand in MMA? Some people just hit too hard for their bodies to handle (e.g. Fedor, Vitor).

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
He can also get clearance after October from an ortho doc.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I'm just saying it's not the decisive win or one sided fight people are trying to make it out to be

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Seem like a pretty solid decision, I think you just are trying too hard to make it look like it wasn't .
Can't let yourself get caught up in the preflight act he does.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whoever scored the third 10-8 needs to be reevaluated.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sorry I meant before the mcgregor fight and really thats your defense on jones. Jones is 22-1 and his only lose is from a dq.

I think your letting your hate for mcgregor get involved. When mcgregor was going to fight RDJ a lot of people were split on that fight because they felt RDJ had too much power for mcgregor and mcgregor didn't have enough. Only way I think Connor can be consistently successful at 155 is if he stops making the cut 145 so much, I think it makes him weak over time. I think if he was to keep his weight up over time he could get strong enough to compete at 155 a little better. Right now I think he could compete at 155 because he is closer to his out of camp weight over a long period of time, I'm also curious how his next 145 fight will be, thats going to be s hard cut for him this time.

Looking like his coach is thinking the same thing, I don't think the cut to 145 it reasonable for him anymore, like to see him fight RDA first before Alvarez, but my guess they pair him up with Alvarez because everybody wants the money that comes with fighting Connor.