IGF right before or during pct?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
My last test injection will occur...followed by 13 more days of epistane...then my pct will begin

should i start the IGF-1

2 weeks before pct begins
1 week before pct begins (this is what i was thinking)
or the same day pct begins

I will be doing my first run...30/30mcg...pwo bi-lateral

and heres my schedule:

m- back/light high-rep bis (inject in bis)
t- chest/light high-rep tris (inject in chest)
w- legs/calves
r- shoulders/abs
f- tris/bis (inject in bis)
sa- calves/abs (inject in calves)
sn- off

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
from what i understand your running it at 60mcg total..
Heres how i would do it.
40mcg total..
monday bi's
tues chest
sat calves

starting two weeks before pct. That way you get the added synergy of the aas your using with the igf. Running it at 60mcg really isn't all that better than 40mcg. 40 will make it last for two months. Also hitting your bi's twice a week isn't the best idea. It will actually impede your gains in the long run unless you add in some pmgf. Now think about that igf +pmgf during pct and adding 10lbs over a months time.. now thats how you do it.

good luck and i hope this helps...

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
from what i understand your running it at 60mcg total..
Heres how i would do it.
40mcg total..
monday bi's
tues chest
sat calves

starting two weeks before post cycle therapy. That way you get the added synergy of the anabolic steroids your using with the igf. Running it at 60mcg really isn't all that better than 40mcg. 40 will make it last for two months. Also hitting your bi's twice a week isn't the best idea. It will actually impede your gains in the long run unless you add in some pmgf. Now think about that igf +pmgf during post cycle therapy and adding 10lbs over a months time.. now thats how you do it.

good luck and i hope this helps...

well yes of course this helps.

i planned on 30/30 so that it could last 4 weeks..if a lower dose is just as effective then of course i'd opt for that..but i see many people reporting much better results at 40/40...60/60 etc..i planned on going 4 weeks on followed by 4 weeks off..a couple cycles of this until my next AAS cycle..

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
to be honest i really can't say. i'm going off of what grunt has said about dosage. i had great results at 40mcg. I think the fatloss that you can get over a two month period is nice and the fact that you don't have to cycle it is a big bonus. if you do decide to run it at 60. i would do gavins protocol which is. 30 bi lat in the morning and 30 pwo.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
to be honest i really can't say. i'm going off of what grunt has said about dosage. i had great results at 40mcg. I think the fatloss that you can get over a two month period is nice and the fact that you don't have to cycle it is a big bonus. if you do decide to run it at 60. i would do gavins protocol which is. 30 bi lat in the morning and 30 pwo.
well im not concerned with fat loss...i'm using this purely for more size and lagging bodyparts...so i'll definitely be using the pwo protocol...i just need to figure out if i should pin 3 or 4 times and for how many weeks

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
oh yea and about pegmgf...i am willing to give it a try...i am still a little skeptical on how well it works though...and its a little pricey

ShapeUP

ShapeUP

Awards
I've seen pegmgf for 2mg for 80 bucks. not bad..

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I've seen pegmgf for 2mg for 80 bucks. not bad..
true...but then u add in...

large amounts of food
cycle support
supplements
anabolics
igf-1
pins
pct

you get the point...

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
true...but then u add in...

large amounts of food
cycle support
supplements
anabolics
igf-1
pins
post cycle therapy

you get the point...
I still don't see pants in your buget?

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
haha yea im and im a 23 year old college student with no parents and a credit card bill that is fraudulent...still working on getting it resolved..but ive been making monthly payments for a while now...all my money goes into this...and then my rent and other bills

ShapeUP

ShapeUP

Awards
haha yea im and im a 23 year old college student with no parents and a credit card bill that is fraudulent...still working on getting it resolved..but ive been making monthly payments for a while now...all my money goes into this...and then my rent and other bills
Yeah, supps and food take up enough of my money right now, just one more reason why my cycle will be later more than sooner. ha

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
yeah bro thats why i have been sticking to the peptides. no pct or aux needed. igf can last two months which makes it affordable and every once in awhile add in some peg...

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
yeah bro thats why i have been sticking to the peptides. no post cycle therapy or aux needed. igf can last two months which makes it affordable and every once in awhile add in some peg...
what does your peptide schedule look like?

results so far?

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
gh blue tops currently doing 1.5ius in morning and 1.5iu's pwo. Working my way up to 4 ius a day.
t3 at 50mcg
been using media grade igf
mwf 40mcg pwo
i am about to run out and will get receptor grade and run it at 20mcg pwo mwf and some pmgf running it 250mcg on tues/thurs.

my results so far have been great. i have lost noticable weight. i feel bigger even thou i have only gained one pound. i think its losing fat for muscle thing becuase i look alot better and have been getting many compliments in the gym lately. I am also hitting weights that i have only hit before while on cycle.. I shoot calves,legs and traps and all are bigger. so i believe that the site specific talk isn't just talk but real.. I truly believe that igf is the best bang for the buck out there... something that isn't mentioned much is that igf can cause hairloss and i believe it can cause gyno.. so just beware and prepared..

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
yea. bump.

hair loss? how is that possible?

i'm not prone to gyno, but I am definitely prone to hair loss.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
J Am Acad Dermatol. 1999 Feb;40(2 Pt 1):200-3. Related Articles, Links

Hormones and hair patterning in men: a role for insulin-like growth factor 1?
Signorello LB, Wuu J, Hsieh C, Tzonou A, Trichopoulos D, Mantzoros CS.

Department of Epidemiology and Harvard Center for Cancer Prevention, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA.

BACKGROUND: Androgens are important in hair growth and patterning, whereas growth hormone substitution enhances their effect in growth hormone-deficient men. No previous study has jointly evaluated the function of sex steroids, sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) in determining hair patterning in men. OBJECTIVE: We assessed the relationship between circulating hormone measurements and both head and chest hair patterning in a sample of elderly men. METHODS: Fifty-one apparently healthy men older than 65 years of age were studied cross-sectionally. Head and chest hair patterning was assessed by a trained interviewer. Morning blood samples from all subjects were used for measurements of testosterone, estradiol, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, SHBG, and IGF-1. RESULTS: Results were obtained from logistic regression models, adjusting simultaneously for all the measured hormones and age. Men with higher levels of testosterone were more likely to have vertex baldness (odds ratio [OR] = 2.5, 95% confidence interval [CI: 0.9 to 7.8] per 194 ng/dL increment of testosterone). In addition, for each 59 ng/mL increase in IGF-1, the odds of having vertex baldness doubled (95% CI [1.0 to 4.6]). Those who were found to have higher circulating levels of SHBG were less likely to have dense hair on their chest (OR = 0.4, 95% CI [0.1 to 0.9] per 24 nmol/L increment in SHBG]). CONCLUSION: Testosterone, SHBG, and IGF-1 may be important in determining hair patterning in men.

Publication Types:
Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't
Research Support, U.S. Gov't, P.H.S.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
my last cycle of igf hit my hair line pretty good. get some finasteride if you have mpd in the family history...

christopher

Awards
  • Established
my last cycle of igf hit my hair line pretty good. get some finasteride if you have mpd in the family history...
Im not convinced that supplementing IGF is going to lead to hairloss....And because you experienced a shed during a cycle of IGF doesnt necessarily make IGF the culprit....

MPB is progressive, yet goes thru phases... Its likely that you went thru a phase of increased shedding due to accelerated MPB....At this time, there is no cure or prevention to that part of hairloss...The best a guy can do is to do some damage control after the shed stops....

If it is accelerated MPB, Fin wouldnt have stopped the shed, and is known mostly for its crown thickening/maintenance (not hairline)...

Fin has been discussed on AM elsewhere in detail...Some are for it , others arent....I personally wont take it, but thats just me...Dr John and Dr Shippen also wont prescribe it, and have alot of clients because of Propecia use...Dr Crisler has categories for new patients-have used fin. or have never used fin...
The effects arent uniform from user to user, and some experience long term side effects that dont seem to clear after discontinuing the drug...

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
you could be right. I have started simular threads on other boards and others are having the same experience including some women. You are right in that there are alternatives to proscar. I have used it in the past with no side effects. BigViruga has an excellent thread about hairloss prevention..Now the hairloss did start after about two weeks into my gh. Maybe it is just falling out and will be replaced like is reported with rogaine use. i don't know. I do know that this was the worst shedding i have ever experienced in my life.. and the above study does support possible hairloss with igf... I don't think everyone will have the same effect as i do but it's just good sense to have the information out there...

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
i am on finasteride right now and MPB is definitely in my genetics.

good study, although I am not convinced either...yet...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
IGF-1/GH 2
Markusrulezzz IGF-1/GH 5
chobbs4 IGF-1/GH 4
Sir Foxx IGF-1/GH 2