We need a powerlifting/bodybuilding section

Big H

Banned
Awards
So those of us who specialize in that area can help! :)

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Just use the off topic area. This forum is mostly dedicated to homebrewing and a few other things..... Sorry but I don't vote for a BB section... Talk to ya...

Big H

Banned
Awards
Just use the off topic area. This forum is mostly dedicated to homebrewing and a few other things..... Sorry but I don't vote for a BB section... Talk to ya...
No one asked you anyway.. :saw:

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
i know but my vote counts... hehehehehe. Talk to ya. :p

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
yeah jeez big H, we don't want this turning into a bodybuilding.com - jk :)

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Big H

No one asked you anyway.. :saw:

Yes you did by posing the ?... Who do you think can make it for you..... Talk to ya...

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Yea, I also vote no, this is a nutrition/homebrew site, it will take away from our specialty, like wardogs says...heres your training section: High reps when cutting, low reps when bulking. There, done. And yes a powerlifting/exercise forum would put us one step closer to bb.com

DarCSA

Awards
Sounds reasonable to me. The purpose of this site was for education. If you could come up with a reasonable bb section then I would read it but odds are it would turn into what creatine is best and what is your max bench. In the long run it would turn to crap. I would agree with the mods on this one and if you don't like it you can always use bb.com to express your thoughts.

Big H

Banned
Awards
Yea, I also vote no, this is a nutrition/homebrew site, it will take away from our specialty, like wardogs says...heres your training section: High reps when cutting, low reps when bulking. There, done. And yes a powerlifting/exercise forum would put us one step closer to bb.com
No it wouldn't. The bodybuilding/powerlifting sections don't breed immaturity; teens do. We can easily have logical questions about training when on.

Get off my nuts YJ :D

Inzah Dude

Awards
High reps for cutting and low reps for bulking? Thats bullshit ya know. Or were you being sarcastic?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

High reps for cutting and low reps for bulking? Thats bullshit ya know. Or were you being sarcastic?
buddy, how's that sarcastic? thats the fact. Your goals while cutting is obviously lost of body fat and toning....so this should be backed up by using high rep sets. Opposite with bulking. Your goals should be to add mass and if some bf is added, then so be it (although, i go on clean bulks when i do bulk...so minimal fat gains). with mass/size gains wanted, you shoudl stick with lower reps (5-6, some exercises stretching out to 8 reps) for best strength/size gains. For hypertrophy, bump that rep schem up to around 8-10...possibly 12 reps)

Big H

Banned
Awards

buddy, how's that sarcastic? thats the fact. Your goals while cutting is obviously lost of body fat and toning....so this should be backed up by using high rep sets. Opposite with bulking. Your goals should be to add mass and if some bf is added, then so be it (although, i go on clean bulks when i do bulk...so minimal fat gains). with mass/size gains wanted, you shoudl stick with lower reps (5-6, some exercises stretching out to 8 reps) for best strength/size gains. For hypertrophy, bump that rep schem up to around 8-10...possibly 12 reps)
LOL. I hate that word 'toning'; it sounds like a friggen car. This isn't true. You should lift the same way whether you are bulking or cutting, but you should just throw in cardio and worry about your diet with cutting. You shouldn't increase the reps to 10-12 if you still want strength, because you will still get cut if you leave the reps at 5, but focus on throwing in some treadmill and counting your calories.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
In a matter of days Im almost changed my feelings on a powerlifting/training section because that would make this a complete site and there's always changing and new knowledge in this field, but how many people here are actually certified or have enough knowledge to pass it around? Id hate for there to be 40 threads will no replies.

Inzah Dude

Awards

What? You can't tone a muscle. You should keep the reps the same while cutting and bulking.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I think a Exercise Science/Training section would be adequate, its going to be inevitable, look at all the training questions already and the articles on stretching, muscle fibers etc. might as well combine them in 1 section and keep them out of the off topic section. The off topic section now is BS posts and exercise science/training questions.....I think my vote has swung, but not a powerlifiting/bodybuilding section, rather Exercise Science/Training.

Inzah Dude

Awards
I think a Exercise Science/Training section would be adequate, its going to be inevitable, look at all the training questions already and the articles on stretching, muscle fibers etc. might as well combine them in 1 section and keep them out of the off topic section. The off topic section now is BS posts and exercise science/training questions.....I think my vote has swung, but not a powerlifiting/bodybuilding section, rather Exercise Science/Training.
Sounds good.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't be against an exercise science/training section.   I realize that essentially it will be very similar to the original suggestion with slightly different wording and/or focus.  I think it might have been the idea of a Powerlifting section that threw me out originally. 

BrKonman

Awards
Originally posted by Big H

LOL. I hate that word 'toning'; it sounds like a friggen car. This isn't true. You should lift the same way whether you are bulking or cutting, but you should just throw in cardio and worry about your diet with cutting. You shouldn't increase the reps to 10-12 if you still want strength, because you will still get cut if you leave the reps at 5, but focus on throwing in some treadmill and counting your calories.
Exactly, training is to build and or/maintain muscles. Your diet and cardio determines whether you get ripped or massive. No magic rep or volume schemes. Just more or less calories, and keeping the muscle around/adding to it. If I wanted to "tone" something I wouldn't be lifting a weight, I'd be playing with a pink thighmaster.

And a vote for the exercise/training for on-cycle and post cycle, section :)

Matt T

Awards
as a regular poster on bb.com powerlifting forum, if we could get some of the regular bros from over there to poster here it would be invaluable. as it stands now some little wannabe gets flamed in the teen section then all of a sudden they start posting in the pl section. mostly useless junk. this site seems to be more hardcore.