I looked but couldn't find it - what's up with "reputation", "points" and that bar

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I looked but couldn't find it - what's up with "reputation", "points" and that bar

I looked but couldn't find it - what's up with "reputation", "points" and that green/blue bar under people's profiles? Even moreso, how does this change? Do other users give you points? Do you just get more points by posting more? Can I give points to anyone?

Thanks

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you look to the bottom left of your post there is a circle, a scale, and a yield sign. The Scale is the means by which people give positive or negative reputation points based on the usefulness, informativeness, and value of a post you have submitted. If you have a high reputation level, the reputation you give will be of more "value" to others. People with high reputation points have provided a lot of knowledgable and useful information. Under your User CP, you can scroll down and see who has given you reputation points, for what thread, and if they chose to write a comment with it as well.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
If you look to the bottom left of your post there is a circle, a scale, and a yield sign. The Scale is the means by which people give positive or negative reputation points based on the usefulness, informativeness, and value of a post you have submitted. If you have a high reputation level, the reputation you give will be of more "value" to others. People with high reputation points have provided a lot of knowledgable and useful information. Under your User CP, you can scroll down and see who has given you reputation points, for what thread, and if they chose to write a comment with it as well.
Excellent! Thank you very much. Now I know and knowing is half the battle.