Are we the only ones that care about civilians?

bigbadboss101

Awards
It's difficult for the US troops because the Iraqi soldiers are in civilian clothing and areas. How now do they penetrate? I know the US want to be humane and not kill the innocents. I don't know if it was the other way around the Iraqi will show mercy.

Anyone else thought that it would be an easier mission than has been?

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
of course, without a doubt it would be easier! fuckin steam roll ass kickin bombardment! the whole point though, is to show that great care is being taken to minimize in every possible way the danger and damage to the Iraqi citizens while removing only the threat and oppressive force that is Saddam's regime, and this is perfectly appropriate in my opinion... when a sort of world policing role is assumed by the most powerful nation in the world (for homeland security of course, but hopefully for the simple sake of charity/peace as well) this is the appropriate method to go about accomplishing it... we are no longer reacting, we are acting, and in doing so must be infinitely more cautious. they are doing an unprecedentedly incredible job indeed.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
of course, without a doubt it would be easier! fuckin steam roll ass kickin bombardment! the whole point though, is to show that great care is being taken to minimize in every possible way the danger and damage to the Iraqi citizens while removing only the threat and oppressive force that is Saddam's regime, and this is perfectly appropriate in my opinion... when a sort of world policing role is assumed by the most powerful nation in the world (for homeland security of course, but hopefully for the simple sake of charity/peace as well) this is the appropriate method to go about accomplishing it... we are no longer reacting, we are acting, and in doing so must be infinitely more cautious. they are doing an unprecedentedly incredible job indeed.
very well stated...very well...it also shows how professional and caring our troops are for the most part. and you are right...they are doing an awesome job, under very difficlut circumstances. Certainly Saddam doesnt care about his civilians...its a sad state of affairs when an "enemy" care more about your people than you do....go figure.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
i agree..well stated... i have nothing..lol