Joint and/or anti inflammation supplements

TheSolution

Awards
What's up fools

Has anyone ever tried cissus quadrangularis for tendon/ligament support/repair? I've personally used it with success after suffering shoulder dislocations and then a surgery on each to repair the damage. It seemed to help the recovery process, even though it's been noted to help repair hard tissue like bone more so than soft tissue. As far as anti inflammation goes, it seems to help, but truth be told, that could have been due to any number of other factors.

I've used curcumin at 500mg-1g + 3.75-7.5mg piperine at 1-3x/day before with success sometimes and not so much other times.

I've used rhodiola rosea before at 100-200mg 1-3x/day with mixed results as well.

The cissus was Primaforce, and the curcumin and rhodiola rosea were both T-Nation/Biotest.

You guys have any experience/thoughts on these?

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I find fish oil helps my knees with inflammation, which I guess speeds healing. I like it enough to have made a table on how you should live your life in this discussion: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-science/232580-all-fish-oils.html
I've been using like 2g cissus powder (mixes great in chocolate shake) a day, but can't say that there's any definite difference. I have no idea what amount is actually recommended for repair. I'm sure that most of us on the CnP board are pretty beat up most of the time, so subtle differences are hard to tell.
No supplement feels as good to me as a rampage and a coma.

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
Jamie recommended the following years ago that worked well with my ACL reconstruction:

wobenzyme
vitamin c
MSM
L-Glutamine

Steve_ss1

Awards
vit C, glutamine and stinging nettle works wonders if I get any issues.

voodoo floss is magic when tendonitis starts making me want to burn my own house down.