trying to understand proteins/bulking

thetouch11

Awards
recently i have been usnig ON 100% whey, taking about a half scoop before workout , then a full scoop after workout, following a low-fat diet, but consuming nuts/meat/peanut butter/fruits/vegetables...

i was satisfied with my results from this being an ecto-meso - i definitely added muscle with minimal fat. i bought it again, but would my results would have been better or worse taking other protein powders, like a syntha-6 ( i could have gotten it for the exact same price as the GS whey in the same size)???

i know there are better things out there than syntha-6, but please humor me and use it for comparison.

so my question is essentially - what is the direct benefit of taking something like syntha which seems to have LOTS of added components that ON does not contain? i know whey is supposed to be utilized so it can get digested very quickly, and maybe these other proteins take longer...

so why wouldn't a multivitamin + whey be better than syntha in every circumstance? when would you want the extra calories / fat in syntha ? is it better than pure whey for an ectomorph?

please throw out any facts or opinions about anything here, im just curious to learn something here. ty