Lethargy

ingo_1978

Awards
Am currently 20 days in of cycle of test e 500mg, deca 400mg and Halodrol 50mg and experiencing a fair bit of lethargy.

I was wondering whether upping the dose of test to 750mg might help?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Am currently 20 days in of cycle of test e 500mg, deca 400mg and Halodrol 50mg and experiencing a fair bit of lethargy.

I was wondering whether upping the dose of test to 750mg might help?
My guess would be the lethargy is from cholesterol and/or liver issues. Halodrol is supposedly pretty awful for your liver. There are a number of options available:

Cholesterol -
Celery Seed Extract
Fish Oil
Red Yeast Rice (must add CoQ10 if you take RYR)

Liver -
Milk Thistle Extract
NAC
KR-ALA

Libido induced lethargy only happens when test levels are low. At 500mgs per week your test levels are anything but low. It isn't a ratio issue, it's a total count issue. You could be taking 1gram of Deca and all you'd need to counter the libido induced lethargy would be 200+ mgs a week of Test.

So that means your lethargy has to be something else. Thus increasing the Test won't help and it might make it worse.

Oh, and whether you're bulking or not, try to include at least a half hour of cardio first thing in the morning. It will improve energy levels, increase your appetite, improve your cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, and the only calories you'll be burning will be fat.

ingo_1978

Awards
Ok thanks... only have ten days left with the halodrol, can live with it till then.

Could it just be just from my body wanting to grow?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you're not even 3 weeks in so the test hasn't kicked in to the point where you'll feel it yet .. you'll be fine with 500mg

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
My advice is that is you mean you are so tired you need a 2 hr med day nap, then reduce the intake of Halodrol - it is a side effect. Take 1/2 a pill for a few days and you should be ok. If it is just sime tiredness - get more sleep and grow grow grow. I usually get about 6 hrs sleep, but on SD I take and need 10 hr - you grow most when you sleep.

ingo_1978

Awards
It's not really bad but find it difficult as I drive 100 of miles a day... will stick it out for the next ten days as the halodrol is really kicking in well. Muscles are rock hard :blink: .

One good thing about being on the road is I can pull over and get have an hours nap when I want. Which I'm doing daily.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Null,

What is the basis for the assertion that it is not a ratio issue? I am not trying to be a dick here but I am genuinely interested because every time I have used a high anabolic (Like Deca) I have gotten libido issues and Deca Dick unless the test to Deca ration was close to 2:1. It could just be me but that has been my experience. Any info would be appreciated.

Mr.50
My guess would be the lethargy is from cholesterol and/or liver issues. Halodrol is supposedly pretty awful for your liver. There are a number of options available:

Cholesterol -
Celery Seed Extract
Fish Oil
Red Yeast Rice (must add CoQ10 if you take RYR)

Liver -
Milk Thistle Extract
NAC
KR-ALA

Libido induced lethargy only happens when test levels are low. At 500mgs per week your test levels are anything but low. It isn't a ratio issue, it's a total count issue. You could be taking 1gram of Deca and all you'd need to counter the libido induced lethargy would be 200+ mgs a week of Test.

So that means your lethargy has to be something else. Thus increasing the Test won't help and it might make it worse.

Oh, and whether you're bulking or not, try to include at least a half hour of cardio first thing in the morning. It will improve energy levels, increase your appetite, improve your cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, and the only calories you'll be burning will be fat.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Libido induced lethargy is from lack of testosterone. Your natural testosterone is typically less than even what a dose of 200mg of Test Cyp a week would give you. The reason Deca alone induces lethargy is primarily due to HPTA suppression and as such, only a minimal amount of Test is required to counter this effect.

If you experience extra lethargy, you are experiencing what the medical field refers to as "placebo effect." Not all placebo effect is good; most is bad.

Of course there IS a slight chance you are getting a lethargy side effect from the Deca directly that is not related to HPTA suppression. Such is the case with some AAS like Tren. Deca is a progestin technically speaking IIRC, but I have never heard of Deca directly inducing lethargy. Furthermore, if increased Test is able to counter the letharg you are experiencing then it was not induced by a secondary means.

Thus, why I say I almost guarantee you needing a big ratio is true negative powerful placebo effect in action.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So there in no competitive inhibition of androgen receptors when concentrations of Deca are drastically higher then concentrations of test?

Mr.50

Libido induced lethargy is from lack of testosterone. Your natural testosterone is typically less than even what a dose of 200mg of Test Cyp a week would give you. The reason Deca alone induces lethargy is primarily due to HPTA suppression and as such, only a minimal amount of Test is required to counter this effect.

If you experience extra lethargy, you are experiencing what the medical field refers to as "placebo effect." Not all placebo effect is good; most is bad.

Of course there IS a slight chance you are getting a lethargy side effect from the Deca directly that is not related to HPTA suppression. Such is the case with some AAS like Tren. Deca is a progestin technically speaking IIRC, but I have never heard of Deca directly inducing lethargy. Furthermore, if increased Test is able to counter the letharg you are experiencing then it was not induced by a secondary means.

Thus, why I say I almost guarantee you needing a big ratio is true negative powerful placebo effect in action.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not unless your dosages are so high you've saturated your receptors.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LifeNtheFastlane Anabolics 8
MrFlexo Anabolics 10
Anabolics 4
Hypnotic traveling Anabolics 32
Ninjo Anabolics 23