37 and looking at using

mh8124

Awards
Hi. I’m here looking for advice. I’m 37 and would like to start adding into my routine. I am ex military and regular gym user. I eat as clean as I can (sometimes have a bad day!!) and I want to start increasing my strength and looking better! As it would be my first time what combinations would be best? I have been advised to use test and EQ or test and Tren? However I thought I would look for a wider opinion. New to all this so not familiar with all the terminology yet! So dumb it down for me a little!! cheers

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi. I’m here looking for advice. I’m 37 and would like to start adding into my routine. I am ex military and regular gym user. I eat as clean as I can (sometimes have a bad day!!) and I want to start increasing my strength and looking better! As it would be my first time what combinations would be best? I have been advised to use test and EQ or test and Tren? However I thought I would look for a wider opinion. New to all this so not familiar with all the terminology yet! So dumb it down for me a little!! cheers
Absolutely nooooo to tren. Not sure who is telling you to run tren on your first cycle but that person is not your friend. Tren is for advanced user and has the more severe side effects than most steroids.

My advice to you if your going to run a cycle test ONLY! 500 mg/week for 10-12 weeks. If you want to add anything run an oral of your choice to either start or finish. I recommend you running it as a finisher and here's why.

When you've never used them before you want to give yourself a chance to get some understanding as to how the compound affects your body. So if you start out with test only you'll know how it works what it's doing what it feels like etcetera. If you start out with two compounds or more you won't have any idea what's doing what. Where side effects are coming from Etc.

Test 500 mg weeks 1-12
Oral like tbol to kick start or finish. (Weeks 1-6 or 7-12)
Have ancillaries ai, pct lined up.

Ase_james

Awards
Tren is not a first run drug. That's just bad advice period...and could cause you problems.
I just ran my first cycle, Im 40 and researched here and actual studies on how each compound works for 2 years before jumping on.

My run was 400 test, 600 eq. I was really happy with the results, but i wish i would have just run 500 test so i could look back and know what compound did what.

Could you tell us a little more about your condition? That would help a lot. Ie, if you're 20% body fat many will tell you you're not ready.

Also please dont just jump on gear dude, be ready, do your homework and accept the consequences before you go. I had an issue with my source getting flakey...
Make sure you have all your gear, pct and supplies first, in hand.

As long as you're good with possibly ****ing up you natty test. Have fun. I now know why you never run just one cycle...

mh8124

Awards
Guys, thank you for the responses. I had reservations about the info I was gettOMG which is what made me look here.
37yrs, 96kg with 18% body fat. I would like to reduce water if possible as I am one of those that my body likes to store water! I don’t want to become one those guys on gear with water everywhere and a massive stomach!!
I will run just TEST weeks 1-12, my next question is, if it comes in 10ml bottles what is one dose? I’ve read 250mg /ml and 500/ml?
PCT I was looking at something like rise and swell?
I come from military background so haven’t been in circles to learn a lot about gear! So this is going to be a learning curve for me!

Ase_james

Awards
Guys, thank you for the responses. I had reservations about the info I was gettOMG which is what made me look here.
37yrs, 96kg with 18% body fat. I would like to reduce water if possible as I am one of those that my body likes to store water! I don’t want to become one those guys on gear with water everywhere and a massive stomach!!
I will run just TEST weeks 1-12, my next question is, if it comes in 10ml bottles what is one dose? I’ve read 250mg /ml and 500/ml?
PCT I was looking at something like rise and swell?
I come from military background so haven’t been in circles to learn a lot about gear! So this is going to be a learning curve for me!
Your dosage depends on what you're taking. Test cypionate 200 mg/ml or test enenthate 250 mg/ml. And so on.

Pct cannot be an over the counter herbal gnc supplement, most run a hcg and clomid pct..

I would strongly recommend looking back through some of the beginners threads here to get the hang of what you're about to get into. It sounds like you have a great deal of research to do before you get started.

Be sure you're ready for a life long commitment because its possible that might be the result...

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but you'll be better suited looking at this as baby steps. Almost everyone i know who just asked some basic questions and started using gear had bad consequences. If you run a cycle and do something like a gnc pct you will feel lile ****, and probably hurt yourself.

If you go back to the top of the anabolic page here you'll find some informational threads as well as some beginners question threads for thing you probably havent even thought of yet.

Btw. Thank you Sr. For your service!

mh8124

Awards
Think I’m still very naive to this! Tonight’s reading will be going through the forum and trying to gen up a bit better. Thanks for the info, really appreciate the info ��

mh8124

Awards
So after reading through a lot of info last night, decided to start easy to see how my body reacts to it all. So now I’m thinking of the following cycle:

W 1-10 Test
W 1-12 Adex 0.25mg EOD (reduce to 0.125mg EOD in last week)

PCT:
W 13 Clomid 50mg 2x/day
W 14- 16 Clomid 25mg/day

Hopefully this should allow my body to better accustom to it and the side effects should hopefully be minimal. Breaking it in gentle?!

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So after reading through a lot of info last night, decided to start easy to see how my body reacts to it all. So now I’m thinking of the following cycle:

W 1-10 Test
W 1-12 Adex 0.25mg EOD (reduce to 0.125mg EOD in last week)

PCT:
W 13 Clomid 50mg 2x/day
W 14- 16 Clomid 25mg/day

Hopefully this should allow my body to better accustom to it and the side effects should hopefully be minimal. Breaking it in gentle?!
If you are running 500mg of test you should be using .5mg of arimidex a day a least. Most trt clinics that prescribe 200mg per week will give you .5mg arimidex daily which I believe is too much, but when using 500mg of testosterone weekly, then yes you need .5mg of arimidex per day. I guarantee you

Ase_james

Awards
If you are running 500mg of test you should be using .5mg of arimidex a day a least. Most trt clinics that prescribe 200mg per week will give you .5mg arimidex daily which I believe is too much, but when using 500mg of testosterone weekly, then yes you need .5mg of arimidex per day. I guarantee you
I use .5 twice a week 24 hours after pinnig and do fine.
It varies quite a bit from person to person.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use .5 twice a week 24 hours after pinnig and do fine.
It varies quite a bit from person to person.
True but better safe than sorry. Also just because you aren't getting gyno flare-ups doesn't mean you aren't having estrogen related side effects like anxiety or inflammation of the prostate because estradiol will mess with your prostate, water retention, acne and there is also an enzyme in your blood(I forget the name I'm sorry) which is responsible for breaking up blood clots and when you have high levels of estrogen it actually inhibits that enzyme which raises your risk for heart attack and stroke since clots can now form easier. High estrogen ain't nothin to mess with. .5mg of arimidex daily when using 500mg of test is a very good ratio

Ase_james

Awards
Ya, i get it, but 2 mg a week crashes my e2 at 500mg. Just doesnt work for me.

mh8124

Awards
It was meant to say .25 per day, just in the beginnning to see how I get on, any signs of funk and I can increase to .5

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was meant to say .25 per day, just in the beginnning to see how I get on, any signs of funk and I can increase to .5
Just so you know, modern bro science treats arimidex like it's some crazy powerful compound and actually it's weaker than other estrogen controlling drugs. In fact it's designed to leave you with a tiny amount of estrogen in the case you use too much. 500mg is a high dose of testosterone which will lead to heavy aromatization in any average dude. For example, I ran 500mg of test and was doing .5mg of arimidex daily and I got my e2 tested and I was at 40! Now 40 is technically"in range" but it's high as shhit in reality. You wanna be 15-20. I guarantee you that you will run into sides on less than .5mg per day. Just saying

mh8124

Awards
Suppose it might be better to start with a higher dose and cut down the line? Could do without Gyno conditions!!

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Suppose it might be better to start with a higher dose and cut down the line? Could do without Gyno conditions!!
Trust me bro, most pros who use 1,000mg per week recommend 1mg arimidex daily with that. Think about it, you're gonna do 500, therefore .5mg simple math my friend

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good point! .5mg it is!!
Yeah bro most doctors who prescribe test will tell you that they'd rather see their patients estrogen too low than too high because the sides of low estrogen are much more manageable than high plus you can always ease off in the rare instance that you won't need it, but I'm sure you will.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What’s the best way to reduce water retention?
Keep your estrogen in check and water retention will not be an issue. Also don't stuff your face with pizza and cheeseburgers every day

Lobo100

Lobo100

Awards
I'm on 125 mg test e / week and love it. I tried 500 mg test e for a short peroid of time and didn't like the sides at all. I think if you newer used peds before you can grow on a low dose (200-250 mg) without going nuts and look like a water balloon lol

Davidelsons

Awards
Keep your estrogen in check and water retention will not be an issue. Also don't stuff your face with pizza and cheeseburgers every day
aint that the truth! im 45. I ran my first test @500 and then using the online calorie calculators blimped up like a fat pig literally eating Mass Gainer shakes and Wendy's Triples..
My wife put a stop to it it's getting too much fat and water retention...

so then I went to cut and now I'm starting again.

I am using a little bit of tren...50mg EOD. monitor for sides...

Being older your body is not going to be able to convert as much calories to muscle tissue..

BLOODWORK. You need to go to discountedlabs.com E2, Test Levels You are responsible for your own health.

you have to get your blood work done you should do it before , halfway through and after!

But then again maybe you can smash the weights 5- 6 days a week with tons of cardio and you can eat whatever you want..

These compounds do affected each of us a little differently..