Your Health

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys, just a reminder to get your colonoscopies if you have ANY family history or if you’re 50+ years old. My sister was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer close to 3 months ago. What she has been through since is just awful. She’s almost 53 yrs old and has lived a very healthy lifestyle for years. If she had gotten checked earlier she would probably be in a much better situation. I’m 49 and got mine done last week. Luckily it was clear, but I was worried because I had been having some digestive issues recently.

Anyway, early detection is paramount, so get it done!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Guys, just a reminder to get your colonoscopies if you have ANY family history or if you’re 50+ years old. My sister was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer close to 3 months ago. What she has been through since is just awful. She’s almost 53 yrs old and has lived a very healthy lifestyle for years. If she had gotten checked earlier she would probably be in a much better situation. I’m 49 and got mine done last week. Luckily it was clear, but I was worried because I had been having some digestive issues recently.

Anyway, early detection is paramount, so get it done!!!
it will also remove polyps before they can become cancerous-win win. they put me under when i had mine done the worst part was drinking that nasty chalk stuff, but well worth it!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it will also remove polyps before they can become cancerous-win win. they put me under when i had mine done the worst part was drinking that nasty chalk stuff, but well worth it!!!
Agree, The cocktail is the worst !!