XPG Ab-Solved – Feedback & Discussion Thread

XPGels

XPGels

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
I wanted to create a thread for reviews, discussion, and feedback on Ab-Solved.

I want to encourage everyone to please feel free to post separate product review threads for Ab-Solved and all XPG products.

Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I don't want this thread to take away from that at all.

Targeted Topical Defining Matrix
Advanced Maximum Strength Slimming Gel

Ab-Solved Render cropped.png
Ab-Solved Side Render Cropped.png

Ab-Solved is an advanced maximum strength slimming gel designed to be applied on stubborn fat areas around the midsection such as the stomach and love handles.

Ab-Solved is the perfect weapon that allows you to directly attack stubborn fat areas around the midsection such as the stomach and love handles, resulting in increased thermogenesis in subcutaneous and visceral fat alike, although it is designed to have more of an emphasis on visceral fat.

Ab-Solved Highlights:
  • Fast Acting, Maximum Strength Defining Gel
  • Rapid Delivery to Stubborn Fat Areas
  • Targeted Effects Through Multiple Pathways
  • Contains 7-OXO-DHEA, Pomegranate Seed Oil, Trans-Resveratrol, & Phosphatidylserine
Ask yourself a few questions:
  • Is your fat loss progress stuck in a rut?
  • Does it seem like the fat around your abdominals and love handles just won’t come off?
  • Do you tend to store fat around the stomach and love handles?
  • Are you trying to lose fat but can’t get rid of the ‘beer belly’ look?
^^^ People that answer yes to any of the above questions may be interested in Ab-Solved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

Does the name Ab-Solved sound familiar?
Ab-Solved was the name of the original localized topical fat loss product that many found to be truly effective and was at one time synonymous with topical fat loss. It was also the original topical 7-OXO-DHEA product. Xtreme Performance Gels obtained the naming rights to Ab-Solved to bring back this legendary name and has kept the original formula intact + added newer exciting ingredients to it!

What is Visceral Adipose Tissue (VAT)?
Visceral fat is the body fat stored around the abdominal area around the organs, under the abdominal muscles and is commonly referred to as the most unhealthy type of body-fat. It is both unsightly and unhealthy and is linked to inflammation and a large variety of other health issues including insulin resistance, metabolic syndromes, cardiovascular issues, and more.

Visceral fat is sometimes described as the ‘beer belly’ appearance although that isn’t a completely fair comparison. Although many people that do drink alcohol in excess tend to store fat in this area, many people that don’t drink store it there as well and in many people it’s the last stubborn are of fat that just doesn’t seem to want to come off.

Ever seen someone that has reasonable to good definition in their abdominal muscles, but their waistline is still not small or looks bloated or puffed out? Visceral fat is one of the possible causes.

What is Subcutaneous Fat?
Subcutaneous fat sits under the skin as opposed to visceral fat that sits around the organs. Examples of stubborn subcutaneous areas in many people include the stomach and love handles.

What makes Ab-Solved different than most other topical fat loss products/slimming gels?
Ab-Solved is designed for a localized effect on visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue while offering a variety of direct and indirect methods of action to increase thermogenesis in both visceral and subcutaneous fat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key Ingredients:

7-OXO-DHEA:

7-OXO-DHEA is an advanced form of DHEA that is widely agreed in literature to provide a great deal of DHEA’s metabolic effects with 7-OXO DHEA being about 2.5 times stronger than plain DHEA, but without the effects on the sex hormones of plain DHEA.

7-OXO DHEA activates 3 primary thermogenic enzymes (fatty acyl CoA, malic enzyme, & glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase) and has been shown to have a positive effect on metabolic rate without diet or exercise.

There are 3 major systems through which 7-OXO-DHEA is thought to positively modulate in order to aid in body composition improvement:
- Thyroid
- PPAR
- Glucocorticoid

There is so much that could be written on the aspects in which 7-OXO-DHEA could effect the above systems that it would requires a series of articles and go well beyond what could be covered in the scope of a product writeup. In short, 7-OXO-DHEA is a great ingredient inclusion and the foundation of Ab-Solved.

Pomegranate Seed Oil (Std. to min. 78% Punicic Acid):
Pomegranate Seed Oil is becoming increasingly popular due to the wide variety of benefits it may offer, especially its anti-inflammatory and metabolic properties; many of which are attributed to its active Punicic Acid content. The Pomegranate Seed Oil used in Ab-Solved is standardized to a minimum 78% Punicic Acid content.

Pomegranate Seed Oil/Punicic Acid may support fat loss through a wide variety of complex mechanisms including by acting as a PPAR-alpha, gamma, and delta agonist and increasing fatty acid utilization and oxidation. It has also been shown to exert positive blood sugar effects via multiple channels such as improving insulin sensitivity, reducing inflammatory cytokines, modulating glucose homeostasis, and antioxidant properties.

Trans-Resveratrol:
Trans-Resveratrol is a very unique ingredient that promotes fat loss through a variety of complicated pathways, including acting as a PPAR-alpha agonist, improving fatty acid oxidation, increasing fatty acid thermogenesis, increasing brown adipocyte formation, decreasing triglyceride accumulation in fat cells, increasing thermogenesis in adipose tissue via AMPK, activating PGC-1alpha which increases fatty acid oxidative capacity, and more.

Phosphatidylserine:
Phosphatidylserine is a very popular fat loss ingredient that is commonly associated with cortisol control. However, in addition to its cortisol control benefits, Phosphatidylserine may also be useful for HPA dysfunction (adrenal fatigue).

The HPA axis is your body’s hormonal response system to chronic stress. Hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis dysfunction (HPA dysfunction), also known as adrenal fatigue, is a major underlying cause of many seemingly unrelated, often misdiagnosed health issues and can lead to increased fat storage &/or reduced ability to lose body-fat.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When XPG released Ab-Solved a couple years back, I had used it when I was trying to lean down and I loved it. I plan on using it again this spring when I start trying to lose some fat that I gained from the accident.

I think it will make a great stack with any of the SNS or CEL fat loss products like Lean Edge, Thermo Scorch, Thermagize, Lipo Elite, LipoVantage, etc.

I tend to store a lot of fat around my midsection. I'm one of those people that I can start to look leaner than I'd like to in other areas before the fat around my midsection starts to go away. I have a very small waist, so when I carry fat, it makes me look fat in the abdominal area bc my waistline itself is so small. Ab-Solved was great for me on this.

And something neat for those that have been here for a long time and remember the good old days like back when Avant and the Mind and Muscle crew were still around, the original Ab-Solved was like the OG product for topical fat loss.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had posted something in another thread last week that I wanted to paraphrase for this thread.

A very common question that people ask is:

"Is spot reduction even possible?"

Yes, it is definitely possible.

The term 'spot reduction' kind of gets a bad reputation and stereotype from all of the scam products and late night informercial type products over the years, so sometimes people just an an automatic negative perception towards these types of products, but just because many of them over the years have been scams or only meant to target water loss or tighten skin doesn't mean that there aren't legitimate great options available.

The negative connotation towards the term 'spot reduction' is why I don't call Ab-Solved spot reduction, I view it as a localized fat loss product.

Ab-Solved isn't and isn't claiming to be some type of magical rub it on and fat melts right off type of thing.

Ab-Solved is designed to deliver ingredients that can help burn body-fat directly to the area(s) where the fat is that the individual would like to burn.

It also isn't claiming to to the work for you - its a tool to help you get better results out of your diet and exercise regimens.

Slamb78

Awards
I wanted to create a thread for reviews, discussion, and feedback on Ab-Solved.

I want to encourage everyone to please feel free to post separate product review threads for Ab-Solved and all XPG products.

Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I don't want this thread to take away from that at all.

Targeted Topical Defining Matrix
Advanced Maximum Strength Slimming Gel

View attachment 228789View attachment 228790

Ab-Solved is an advanced maximum strength slimming gel designed to be applied on stubborn fat areas around the midsection such as the stomach and love handles.

Ab-Solved is the perfect weapon that allows you to directly attack stubborn fat areas around the midsection such as the stomach and love handles, resulting in increased thermogenesis in subcutaneous and visceral fat alike, although it is designed to have more of an emphasis on visceral fat.

Ab-Solved Highlights:
  • Fast Acting, Maximum Strength Defining Gel
  • Rapid Delivery to Stubborn Fat Areas
  • Targeted Effects Through Multiple Pathways
  • Contains 7-OXO-DHEA, Pomegranate Seed Oil, Trans-Resveratrol, & Phosphatidylserine
Ask yourself a few questions:
  • Is your fat loss progress stuck in a rut?
  • Does it seem like the fat around your abdominals and love handles just won’t come off?
  • Do you tend to store fat around the stomach and love handles?
  • Are you trying to lose fat but can’t get rid of the ‘beer belly’ look?
^^^ People that answer yes to any of the above questions may be interested in Ab-Solved.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

Does the name Ab-Solved sound familiar?
Ab-Solved was the name of the original localized topical fat loss product that many found to be truly effective and was at one time synonymous with topical fat loss. It was also the original topical 7-OXO-DHEA product. Xtreme Performance Gels obtained the naming rights to Ab-Solved to bring back this legendary name and has kept the original formula intact + added newer exciting ingredients to it!

What is Visceral Adipose Tissue (VAT)?
Visceral fat is the body fat stored around the abdominal area around the organs, under the abdominal muscles and is commonly referred to as the most unhealthy type of body-fat. It is both unsightly and unhealthy and is linked to inflammation and a large variety of other health issues including insulin resistance, metabolic syndromes, cardiovascular issues, and more.

Visceral fat is sometimes described as the ‘beer belly’ appearance although that isn’t a completely fair comparison. Although many people that do drink alcohol in excess tend to store fat in this area, many people that don’t drink store it there as well and in many people it’s the last stubborn are of fat that just doesn’t seem to want to come off.

Ever seen someone that has reasonable to good definition in their abdominal muscles, but their waistline is still not small or looks bloated or puffed out? Visceral fat is one of the possible causes.

What is Subcutaneous Fat?
Subcutaneous fat sits under the skin as opposed to visceral fat that sits around the organs. Examples of stubborn subcutaneous areas in many people include the stomach and love handles.

What makes Ab-Solved different than most other topical fat loss products/slimming gels?
Ab-Solved is designed for a localized effect on visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue while offering a variety of direct and indirect methods of action to increase thermogenesis in both visceral and subcutaneous fat.

Key Ingredients:

7-OXO-DHEA:

7-OXO-DHEA is an advanced form of DHEA that is widely agreed in literature to provide a great deal of DHEA’s metabolic effects with 7-OXO DHEA being about 2.5 times stronger than plain DHEA, but without the effects on the sex hormones of plain DHEA.

7-OXO DHEA activates 3 primary thermogenic enzymes (fatty acyl CoA, malic enzyme, & glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase) and has been shown to have a positive effect on metabolic rate without diet or exercise.

There are 3 major systems through which 7-OXO-DHEA is thought to positively modulate in order to aid in body composition improvement:
- Thyroid
- PPAR
- Glucocorticoid

There is so much that could be written on the aspects in which 7-OXO-DHEA could effect the above systems that it would requires a series of articles and go well beyond what could be covered in the scope of a product writeup. In short, 7-OXO-DHEA is a great ingredient inclusion and the foundation of Ab-Solved.

Pomegranate Seed Oil (Std. to min. 78% Punicic Acid):
Pomegranate Seed Oil is becoming increasingly popular due to the wide variety of benefits it may offer, especially its anti-inflammatory and metabolic properties; many of which are attributed to its active Punicic Acid content. The Pomegranate Seed Oil used in Ab-Solved is standardized to a minimum 78% Punicic Acid content.

Pomegranate Seed Oil/Punicic Acid may support fat loss through a wide variety of complex mechanisms including by acting as a PPAR-alpha, gamma, and delta agonist and increasing fatty acid utilization and oxidation. It has also been shown to exert positive blood sugar effects via multiple channels such as improving insulin sensitivity, reducing inflammatory cytokines, modulating glucose homeostasis, and antioxidant properties.

Trans-Resveratrol:
Trans-Resveratrol is a very unique ingredient that promotes fat loss through a variety of complicated pathways, including acting as a PPAR-alpha agonist, improving fatty acid oxidation, increasing fatty acid thermogenesis, increasing brown adipocyte formation, decreasing triglyceride accumulation in fat cells, increasing thermogenesis in adipose tissue via AMPK, activating PGC-1alpha which increases fatty acid oxidative capacity, and more.

Phosphatidylserine:
Phosphatidylserine is a very popular fat loss ingredient that is commonly associated with cortisol control. However, in addition to its cortisol control benefits, Phosphatidylserine may also be useful for HPA dysfunction (adrenal fatigue).

The HPA axis is your body’s hormonal response system to chronic stress. Hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis dysfunction (HPA dysfunction), also known as adrenal fatigue, is a major underlying cause of many seemingly unrelated, often misdiagnosed health issues and can lead to increased fat storage &/or reduced ability to lose body-fat.
I’m having an issue with it balling up as I rub it in. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to minimize this?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m having an issue with it balling up as I rub it in. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to minimize this?
I'm not sure what you mean by it 'balling up'. It has the consistency of a gel and goes on pretty easily and dries quickly from my experience. I'm glad to help but I'd have to have a better explanation of what you mean.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I get what you're saying, try not to rub it on so hard.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Balling up, might be your dead skin coming off. Try a hot shower and exfoliate that area and then apply after and see if it still happens

Slamb78

Awards
Balling up, might be your dead skin coming off. Try a hot shower and exfoliate that area and then apply after and see if it still happens
It’s definitely not dead skin; I always scrub the area before I put it on. I think I’m rubbing it in too much or something.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s definitely not dead skin; I always scrub the area before I put it on. I think I’m rubbing it in too much or something.
I've never experienced of heard of it the way that you're explaining it before, but it could be rubbing it in too much. It goes on easy and dries quickly, so I would think of it more as rubbing it on instead of rubbing it in.

Millenia

Millenia

Awards
Might be a dumb Q but wanted to ask anyway as I’m mulling over getting a couple of months worth to run along side some other fat loss products but…would this have any effect on tattoos?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Might be a dumb Q but wanted to ask anyway as I’m mulling over getting a couple of months worth to run along side some other fat loss products but…would this have any effect on tattoos?
It shouldn't and I've never heard of anyone having any issues with it or any of the XPG products on tattoos.

BUT I've known people in day to day life that have sensitive skin have issues with using even basic lotions and stuff on tattoo areas, so my best guess is that it would be fine but if you super sensitive skin, I would start off with 1 ml for a few days just to test it and make sure.

Is the tattoo on your stomach, love handles, hips?
If so, is it a good size tattoo or a smaller one that you could apply around it instead of directly to it?

Millenia

Millenia

Awards
It shouldn't and I've never heard of anyone having any issues with it or any of the XPG products on tattoos.

BUT I've known people in day to day life that have sensitive skin have issues with using even basic lotions and stuff on tattoo areas, so my best guess is that it would be fine but if you super sensitive skin, I would start off with 1 ml for a few days just to test it and make sure.

Is the tattoo on your stomach, love handles, hips?
If so, is it a good size tattoo or a smaller one that you could apply around it instead of directly to it?
Yeah it’s on both sides, hips and love handles. I will give it a whirl on a small section to test it out. I don’t foresee any issue with it I just wanted to ask first but I’ll test as well.

Gonna head over and order some now. Thanks for the help and reply.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah it’s on both sides, hips and love handles. I will give it a whirl on a small section to test it out. I don’t foresee any issue with it I just wanted to ask first but I’ll test as well.

Gonna head over and order some now. Thanks for the help and reply.
You're welcome. I'm always glad to help in any way that I can.

I have a female friend that uses it and she has tattoos on both of her sides. I had texted her and asked her if she had any issues with it and she said that she didn't. She said that she showers first thing in morning, applies coconut oil to her tattoos to moisturize them most of the time every day anyway. Then waits about about 30 minutes or for it to dry well and then applies Ab-Solved and then applies it again at night.

But I think with tattoos, its always best to test anything out on a small area first.

If you think about it, post or pm me and let me know how it goes.

Millenia

Millenia

Awards
You're welcome. I'm always glad to help in any way that I can.

I have a female friend that uses it and she has tattoos on both of her sides. I had texted her and asked her if she had any issues with it and she said that she didn't. She said that she showers first thing in morning, applies coconut oil to her tattoos to moisturize them most of the time every day anyway. Then waits about about 30 minutes or for it to dry well and then applies Ab-Solved and then applies it again at night.

But I think with tattoos, its always best to test anything out on a small area first.

If you think about it, post or pm me and let me know how it goes.
Definitely. I’ll try it out for a week and come back with an update. Really excited to give this a go. Damn fat on obliques and Abs just won’t budge so I’m hopeful this will help.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am about a week into my Ab Solved, I am liking it so far, now I just need to get my diet tightened up !!

Desperado1337x

Desperado1337x

Awards
Have been using Ab-Solved for a few days now but somehow i always get some jelly like "flakes" when applying, is this normal? I also have the CurcuPrime and Ursa-Gel which don't seem to have this. the consistency of the gel seems to be a lot thinner than the others.
Also the QR code on the bottle goes to a empty website, so i couldn't find a contact email - which is why i am ending up here for the questions

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have been using Ab-Solved for a few days now but somehow i always get some jelly like "flakes" when applying, is this normal? I also have the CurcuPrime and Ursa-Gel which don't seem to have this. the consistency of the gel seems to be a lot thinner than the others.
Also the QR code on the bottle goes to a empty website, so i couldn't find a contact email - which is why i am ending up here for the questions
@sns8778 tagging Steve for you, he won’t be on here until Monday but when he does he will respond.

In the mean time just wanted to check, when you say jelly like flakes. Is this when you are applying the gel? And by chance is it like balling up?

they talked about this in a few posts above but sometimes rubbing to hard and to much will cause the gel to like ball up kinda?

Desperado1337x

Desperado1337x

Awards
@sns8778 tagging Steve for you, he won’t be on here until Monday but when he does he will respond.

In the mean time just wanted to check, when you say jelly like flakes. Is this when you are applying the gel? And by chance is it like balling up?

they talked about this in a few posts above but sometimes rubbing to hard and to much will cause the gel to like ball up kinda?
Thx yeah this seems to be it, gonna try and rub it a little lighter next time and see if it's better
Thought i had read everything in the threads... apparently not :censored:

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

+1 for the rubbing in too hard. If you really rub it on your skin it'll make little 'jelly balls'. Consistency is also deff. thinner than some of the other products.

As for the QR code; Steve has mentioned they have a website in the works, just hasn't launched yet.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone else notice al most intense heat when applied ! (I Like It)

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thx yeah this seems to be it, gonna try and rub it a little lighter next time and see if it's better
Thought i had read everything in the threads... apparently not :censored:
I have this issue with one of their other products.
After application, I apply hand sanitiser with high alcohol content to the application site and all the residue seems to disappear. Pretty sure it is better absorbed as there is no residue left on my skin. The alcohol in the sanitiser seems to be desolving the lotion better

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
After application, I apply hand sanitiser with high alcohol content to the application site and all the residue seems to disappear. Pretty sure it is better absorbed as there is no residue left on my skin. The alcohol in the sanitiser seems to be desolving the lotion better
Sounds like a good fix !

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The key with the carriers is to use just enough alcohol to make it effective but without applying any more than necessary because the more that is applied, the more likely it is to cause irritation, especially to people with sensitive skin.

The amount of residue on the skin doesn't necessarily reflect on the absorption of the active ingredients, so much as the residual amount on the skin from carrier ingredients and also can be affected by rubbing it in too much. I'm guilty of that myself when I'm in a hurry.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with what you're doing, just answering the part about why the alcohol content is what it is - utilizing the lowest effective dose, but not overdoing it so as to avoid sensitive skin issues for some people.

In general, always shake the container of any topical before each use and also don't rub it in too much, just apply it evenly over the area. The XPG gels all dry very quickly.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think that they answered above about the 'flakes' (thank you), and I'll confirm they were correct on that; it can just happen from rubbing it in too much.

The consistency of Ab-Solved is different from the others because Ab-Solved is meant to be more localized, is meant to cover a larger area (hence being more liquidy and thinner), and is a very gentle gel because people are typically using it twice a day over and over in the exact same spots, whereas most people rotate application areas for many of the other products.

A lot of topical companies use the same carrier across all products - which I understand is more convenient and cost effective for the companies, but the reality is that different ingredients and different formulas may have specific things about them that can be optimized for the best benefits.

That is something cool and unique about Xtreme Performance Gels - a lot of backend work is put in into making sure to have the best carrier and delivery system for each ingredient and combination of ingredients.

A lot of people love that XPG uses the Avant Labs carrier, which is considered to be the gold standard for topical carriers - I tend to not overexplain that usually because I don't want to overcomplicate it, but one of the reasons why the Avant carrier is the best, besides the knowledge of the designers involved, is that the Avant Labs products, like XPG products, were all approached individually with carrier tweaks to make them the most effective and not treated with a one size fits all type of approach.

As for the QR Code and website, XPG started out as primarily brick and mortar brand and only sold to a couple online retailers. As such, they appreciated that XPG didn't have a website or do direct to consumer sales. However, XPG has been in the process of getting a website done - and it has taken longer than was hoped for, but I think that's just unfortunately the world that we live in today, where everything takes longer than it should.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just need to say I am on bottle # 3, no skin irritation, no problems. I have been applying twice a day and loving it!!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just need to say I am on bottle # 3, no skin irritation, no problems. I have been applying twice a day and loving it!!
nice great to hear .. i never ran this over 6-8 weeks but yeah i can see someone enjoying this all year around with long run benefits

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
nice great to hear .. i never ran this over 6-8 weeks but yeah i can see someone enjoying this all year around with long run benefits
I believe Steve has been having very good luck with this!!!