Why is FDA pissed at Avant Labs exactly?

huge-one-day

Awards
First let me say I am new here. I came over from BB.com.

I am curious to know exactly what the FDA has against Avant Labs. Is it their method of delivery (transdermal), or is it the fact that it is 1-test. From what I am gathering it is the transdermal delivery method. If this is the case then could Par not just sell his PH gel separate from now on?

These are just questions I have. No flaming please. I am just wondering why go after someone who is obviously selling a legit product that works? Why not go after Muscle-Tech's overpriced product line?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
We wont know until we see the letter from the FDA.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I believe it has to do with them labeling their products as transdermal in their articles, which is a no-no.

I just read on CNN where the new FDA chief is going to be a real hard ass and start cracking down on supplement suppliers.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by pogue
I believe it has to do with them labeling their products as transdermal in their articles, which is a no-no.

Nah its not about being labeled as "transdermals" its about being labeled as a "topical anabolic gel".....or thats what I heard...

LG. :cool:

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
We now know that the FDA considers anything that is not intended to be oral not a dietary supplement and not approved! They will more than likely hit here soon! BDC any news you can give us???

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by dg806
We now know that the FDA considers anything that is not intended to be oral not a dietary supplement and not approved! They will more than likely hit here soon! BDC any news you can give us???

Hopefully, BDC if you sell the ingredients seperatelly, should have no problem then!  So they can't  stops from doing it, on our own, so there is a loop hole, you can not buy pre-mix however.

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wonder why trenabol wasn't in their letter??? Anyone know anything about the result of this letter its over a month old.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Man, they're really starting to crack down. They sent a similar letter to Pinson's Fitness Products too.

K (Phoenix)

Awards
I read the letter. Ok

Solution: 2 different sites.  One sell Skin Lotion. The other sell powders. Each is legal in its own separate entity.

Their argument is, you are no longer covered under dietary supplement act, b/c you are not eating this ****. 

Now, if you sell them separately from the same site, they can still say you are only faking the real use of the powder. If you have 2 sites, they are screwed.

Par's whole business is screwed. Not only his skin lotion is gone. His intranasal, sublingual part is also gone. Anything that is not designed to be eaten, is a goner, under this frontal assault.  I am sure he got the same letter. I don't see WTF is the big deal of him hiding it.  I am sure he does not want people to know how hard they are being screwed. The letter basically says anything that is not designed to be eaten, is a goner.  So repackaging it or changing the label won't do squat. It is clearly spelled out.

Bannning the powder is another frontal assault. 2 wars at the same time. 

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
So let me get this straight K, are Molecular's Ether Gels safe? Since they are consumed orally?

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like Avant is screwed, I agree with you K. Now I suspect BDC will no longer be able to sell his prepackaged products, however, I agree with your logic K, selling the 2 ingredients off of 2 different sites. I would suspect that to keep it all looking good, they couldnt both be under the same owner however. Just my opinion.

K (Phoenix)

Awards
Originally posted by YellowJacket
So let me get this straight K, are Molecular's Ether Gels safe? Since they are consumed orally?
Yes .  But, When they ban 1-test , then the law will come knocking.

K (Phoenix)

Awards
Originally posted by scotty2
When we find out about BDC?
When BDC tells us when they get the letter.  The FDA does not make social calls. :) 

K (Phoenix)

Awards
Originally posted by wardog
Sounds like Avant is screwed, I agree with you K. Now I suspect BDC will no longer be able to sell his prepackaged products, however, I agree with your logic K, selling the 2 ingredients off of 2 different sites. I would suspect that to keep it all looking good, they couldnt both be under the same owner however. Just my opinion.
Best not to rub it in their faces.  Remember how often they stop by to "visit" Animal?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Best not to rub it in their faces.  Remember how often they stop by to "visit" Animal?

Oh they visit here too, there's links from our site over at their place. I dont mind at all. But then the guys who pretend they want nothing to do with BDC's and wont register and talk with us......how exactly do they read those threads since all threads are locked unless you're a registered member? Hmm...interesting. :rolleyes:

K (Phoenix)

Awards
Hmmm :)  I am talking about not rubbing it in the FED's face .

I don't care about rubbing it in the face of people with deity delusion lol. If anything, I love to rub it in the face of arrogant pricks.  lol

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It sounds kinda selfish but just an idea to be put out there, perhaps bdc should not allow any new members to the forum or maybe even ban anyone whose ever posted? I know this would hurt business but gettin shut down would hurt it even more. Just an idea for considertion, staying low key is very important with all the **** thats going on if one wishes to keep doing business with such products.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
I know they pick on Animal, however this time I suspect he is going to be a wealthy man.

If PH survive, there are soultions to these issues. If they do not, then the point is fairly moot.

Transdermal solutions can be something that will draw attention, but there are ways around it I think.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket
Like K said, for the time being yes. But when and if the PH bill passes, all PH's are history. I'm pretty sure Ephedrine and creatine are not far behind!

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I can understand the reasoning behind ephedrine ban (I am a moron too, after all :D ), but their argument for something like creatine will potentially be much tougher b/c there are far fewer (read: zero) risks with using it, no?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Well one thing the US government is good at is, banning things then finding out that there is just no research to backup the banning. Also, they have a habit of keeping dangerous things around if the money is right, ie cigarettes to name one. I just don't them backing off now, unless someone makes it worth the career Washington's crooks time. And to me most of the Senate and House is eaten up with out of touch, crooked, non working representives.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Seems like they would have something better to do, like oh I don't know, go bust some people selling crack to kids on the street or something?

The big pharmacuticals must be paying the FDA off for some reason. Maybe they make a bunch on the illegal steroid market and its tapping in on it, who knows.