Which steroid add-ons won't increase my total T bloodwork?

mrrobot

Awards
I'm looking to add onto my 200mg Test C baseline but I don't want my prescription reduced due to high T bloodwork.

Some candidates for me are Anavar, Deca, Proviron, or Boldenone. What else would be a good first add-on cycle?

Will any of these raise my Total T above what might be expected from my 200mg TestC?

I tend to be a bit on the wet side as far as compounds go, with some gyno tendencies, or at least I'm paranoid about that, and some fat left to lose. That said, I'm more interested in bulking right now.

Thanks!

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m on TRT as well at 150mg/wk which puts me into the 800s. When I add deca at 100mg/wk it shoots up to around 1350. So deca will for sure show up as higher test. Why not just plan around your blood work?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m on TRT as well at 150mg/wk which puts me into the 800s. When I add deca at 100mg/wk it shoots up to around 1350. So deca will for sure show up as higher test. Why not just plan around your blood work?
my recent bloods had deca showing up as test so agree with this for sure.

I would have guessed EQ would show up with it being so close to test?

to be honest though bro if your blood panel is comprehensive I think they’ll know your using something (impact on shbg for example)

mrrobot

Awards
believe it or not, my doc ordered only metabolic, total test, and psa when writing the script. no shgb, lh, fsh, or estradiol. I don't know if that's the case on the first checkup, which is only one month away.

ok got it on the deca!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
believe it or not, my doc ordered only metabolic, total test, and psa when writing the script. no shgb, lh, fsh, or estradiol. I don't know if that's the case on the first checkup, which is only one month away.

ok got it on the deca!
i go through the VA and metabolic, total test and psa is all they ever check except for yearly physical.....i have been on trt for well over a decade and for me a safe bet is ultra hard by iconic formulations [androsterone/epiandro], a big bonus being the androsterone has research showing it's actually GOOD for lipids.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i go through the VA and metabolic, total test and psa is all they ever check except for yearly physical.....i have been on trt for well over a decade and for me a safe bet is ultra hard by iconic formulations [androsterone/epiandro], a big bonus being the androsterone has research showing it's actually GOOD for lipids.
Do you do your TRT through the VA?

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pretty sure Tren and Trest don’t. Probably most orals too. Tren can throw off your estrogen readings though and make them appear super high.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

ok got it on the deca!
So you've just recently started the trt? Have you cruised before? I would probably get accustomed to the trt a bit before adding stuff to it. Just a thought. Also then you can see after the first blood test what they are checking.

mrrobot

Awards
So you've just recently started the trt? Have you cruised before? I would probably get accustomed to the trt a bit before adding stuff to it. Just a thought. Also then you can see after the first blood test what they are checking.
I've done a little this and that over the years (very little), now 56, but no cruise. I'm only thinking about add ons now, so probably by the time I'm settled and ready to go the first blood will be over. The information I'm looking for in my question is something I want to know now, though. It's probably info quite a few have.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've done a little this and that over the years (very little), now 56, but no cruise. I'm only thinking about add ons now, so probably by the time I'm settled and ready to go the first blood will be over. The information I'm looking for in my question is something I want to know now, though. It's probably info quite a few have.
Do you already know when the second check up is? I'm thinking the second check up may be so far away that you can cycle something after the first blood test and not worry about how the gear affects your T reading. But I'm not on trt and am not familiar with the practice/schedule.

What comes to the blood tests, lh and fsh shouldn't be of interest in my thinking, since you are using exogenous test, but the E2 should absolutely be checked. If I were you I would ask/demand my doctor to include that in the check up. And if not going to happen for some reason, I would book a blood test in a lab that takes tests without doctors prescriptions and check it myself and pay from my own pocket.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you already know when the second check up is? I'm thinking the second check up may be so far away that you can cycle something after the first blood test and not worry about how the gear affects your T reading. But I'm not on trt and am not familiar with the practice/schedule.

What comes to the blood tests, lh and fsh shouldn't be of interest in my thinking, since you are using exogenous test, but the E2 should absolutely be checked. If I were you I would ask/demand my doctor to include that in the check up. And if not going to happen for some reason, I would book a blood test in a lab that takes tests without doctors prescriptions and check it myself and pay from my own pocket.
The check up is a month away from the way it sounded. My TRT doc checks every six months but I know guys that have to go every three.

I would absolutely wait at least until after that next check up, if not until the following one. It sounds like you don’t even yet know how often you’ll be getting bloods or what will be checked in the future. You want to get your TRT dose and AI if needed dialed in before you mess around with blasts. That being said you’re a big boy and can do whatever you want to do of course.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The check up is a month away from the way it sounded. My TRT doc checks every six months but I know guys that have to go every three.

I would absolutely wait at least until after that next check up, if not until the following one. It sounds like you don’t even yet know how often you’ll be getting bloods or what will be checked in the future. You want to get your TRT dose and AI if needed dialed in before you mess around with blasts. That being said you’re a big boy and can do whatever you want to do of course.
Just to clarify, yes the first check up is a month away. But when is the second? I think I have seen some people say the second for them being 6 months from the first. So there would be plenty of time to play around with gear. But as we both stated; best would be to get the trt dialed in before playing around with other hormonal substances.

shanewilliams

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I see people talking about these blood tests as if they take them all the time no matter what they are using. Is there any risk of doing this as you results are in a database -no? I’m only asking because I had a bad scare in 2015 and had a great doc I trusted and confided in who had told me to be very careful about disclosing my use to anyone. He had basically said it could cause issues with an insurance company if it’s in my records and something happens that could end up costing 10s of thousands of more. He even said “you never told me that” and treated me as if I never used - in his record keeping.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I see people talking about these blood tests as if they take them all the time no matter what they are using. Is there any risk of doing this as you results are in a database -no? I’m only asking because I had a bad scare in 2015 and had a great doc I trusted and confided in who had told me to be very careful about disclosing my use to anyone. He had basically said it could cause issues with an insurance company if it’s in my records and something happens that could end up costing 10s of thousands of more. He even said “you never told me that” and treated me as if I never used - in his record keeping.
I’d think getting private labs done might not be an issue but I would definitely worry about my doc entering notes into my medical file

shanewilliams

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’d think getting private labs done might not be an issue but I would definitely worry about my doc entering notes into my medical file
I guess if you are paying for the blood work out of pocket it’s not anyone else’s business. I’ve only gotten my bloods for the most part when I’ve been off except for 2 occasions but every time I’ve gotten a script to get my bloods. Do the blood panels you guys get require a script?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I guess if you are paying for the blood work out of pocket it’s not anyone else’s business. I’ve only gotten my bloods for the most part when I’ve been off except for 2 occasions but every time I’ve gotten a script to get my bloods. Do the blood panels you guys get require a script?
exactly this....anything a insurance company pays for they will have access to.

shanewilliams

Awards
  • First Up Vote
exactly this....anything a insurance company pays for they will have access to.
Agreed. This doc really made me more cautious. I was shocked - he is a top surgeon over at Mt Sinai in NYC. He just said don’t EVER tell anyone that you use again. He said I know you want to be forthcoming and it makes my job easier but insurance companies will do anything they can to dispute coverage. So he was just like even if it’s in my history for let’s say an abcess it’s not good. So if you ever have to go to ER or anything ever happens do t ever mention gear use just say idk how this happened. My issue at the time was a lump in my stomach that was probably a reaction to gh injections. It was solidified and remained long after injections so after awhile I sought out a doctor to take a look. I figured I’d tell him about my use because I still thought it could be from the GH injections. Turned out that’s what it was but he made me go for an immediate CT scan to be sure. Either way I’ll never disclose my use again unless I absolutely trust the dr.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Totally agree w flying under the radar. Even if u pay cash for BW, double check that the lab won't communicate w ur pcp. Once its in ur profile, u'll be a target for dispute for life.

shanewilliams

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Totally agree w flying under the radar. Even if u pay cash for BW, double check that the lab won't communicate w ur pcp. Once its in ur profile, u'll be a target for dispute for life.
Agree with you. I’ve only gotten bloodwork through prescriptions. Are you able to do so without a script on some of these sites?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
indeed!!!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agree with you. I’ve only gotten bloodwork through prescriptions. Are you able to do so without a script on some of these sites?
You can dig to find an online doc that writes the script for u. Then they send it to the lab of ur choice

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought deca and eq did not raise test levels unless its fake deca. Could someone please shim in? Do not wnat doc whipping my tail.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I thought deca and eq did not raise test levels unless its fake deca. Could someone please shim in? Do not wnat doc whipping my tail.
Well 2 persons here already said they've had Deca read as test when taken bloods. And it's not the first time I've heard about it. No personal experience though.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
deca doesn’t raise test, it can just show up as it on a bloods panel if that makes sense.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well my deca is prescribed from my doc so I’m doubting it’s fake. It doesn’t raise the levels of test in your body it just shows as test on bloods

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
deca doesn’t raise test, it can just show up as it on a bloods panel if that makes sense.
Yes I was told it is worse for rbc than test and i was on trt for over a year before anyone told me at my docs to donate blood. OK so if the issue is total test levels for when I go to my doc my total test levels will not be effected by deca, npp, eq or i might try masteron is that correct? What about Sarms and or say DBOL or tbol, maybe dmz or epistaine. Those are really the only ones i am thinking about.

I am on a cycle now and hoping i have it timed to clear out the right way. its a 10 weeker and bloods will be done week 12

I also asked about some aux supplements like hawthorne dosages if anyone can chime in. I hear a couple people tell that they take those auxiliary supplements year round but i have no idea of time of day or dosages.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes I was told it is worse for rbc than test and i was on trt for over a year before anyone told me at my docs to donate blood. OK so if the issue is total test levels for when I go to my doc my total test levels will not be effected by deca, npp, eq or i might try masteron is that correct? What about Sarms and or say DBOL or tbol, maybe dmz or epistaine. Those are really the only ones i am thinking about.

I am on a cycle now and hoping i have it timed to clear out the right way. its a 10 weeker and bloods will be done week 12

I also asked about some aux supplements like hawthorne dosages if anyone can chime in. I hear a couple people tell that they take those auxiliary supplements year round but i have no idea of time of day or dosages.

I’m not sure if you are even reading what people say. Deca WILL show up as higher test levels on your blood tests. NPP being the same compound with a different ester WILL show higher test levels. I’m assuming EQ would also show as higher test levels since it is a testosterone based steroid but I haven’t had bloodwork done with it. DBOL being methylated EQ May as well. It will raise your estrogen. Every oral you listed and masteron will wreck your lipids. Depending what you are on right now it almost certainly will not be cleared out in only two weeks.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m not sure if you are even reading what people say. Deca WILL show up as higher test levels on your blood tests. NPP being the same compound with a different ester WILL show higher test levels. I’m assuming EQ would also show as higher test levels since it is a testosterone based steroid but I haven’t had bloodwork done with it. DBOL being methylated EQ May as well. It will raise your estrogen. Every oral you listed and masteron will wreck your lipids. Depending what you are on right now it almost certainly will not be cleared out in only two weeks.
thank **** you said it, I was thinking id fucked up my original response somehow 😂

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am reading. I was not understanding. On a blood panel they have total test. One person answered they DO NOT RAISE TESOTERONE. Now maybe they meant actual test levels. I am asking purely for the point of will they show a higher total test level which the OP said was the case. I have heard it mentioned a few times that various things in blood work are thrown off. I am aware of that and that is fine. I am specifically worried about the total T and I am aware all the steroids i mentioned in one way or another are testosterone or dht derivatives.

"Well my deca is prescribed from my doc so I’m doubting it’s fake. It doesn’t raise the levels of test in your body it just shows as test on bloods "

Now this answers my question. The results the doc sees is what i was worried about. I thought we were talking about blood work, but i see what is mentioned deca wont raise the test in my body ( would we want it to do that to us"

There are other forums that even more specifically make it out "Take whatever you want its testosterone they are Checking blood for. I am damn glad I am now aware of this. Looks like it will be NPP for me as i get blood work for my doc every 6 months.

Thank you much as that is what i wanted clarified. Hell i thought orals would not raise it from the way its floated on some forums. I understand orals have some of the shortest half lives..

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thank **** you said it, I was thinking id fucked up my original response somehow 😂
NO man i just did not get that there were two things we were discussing testosterone in your body as it related to deca or eq and test on a blood panel with them. I was totally wondering about the blood work as that is what i need to come in "right" for my doctor.

now while we are at it I was also told sarms will not raise test levels ON A BLODD panel. Is that correct?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
NO man i just did not get that there were two things we were discussing testosterone in your body as it related to deca or eq and test on a blood panel with them. I was totally wondering about the blood work as that is what i need to come in "right" for my doctor.

now while we are at it I was also told sarms will not raise test levels ON A BLODD panel. Is that correct?
I’m not a fan of sarms and haven’t used them (mk and gw I have but not technically sarms) therefore I’ve never had bloods on them

So I don’t know for sure at all.

rad140 I know was looked at for trt so my guess is that’s close enough to test to possibly show.

the other thing I would be careful of is the impact many orals or sarms may have on shbg which will increase your free test levels...... another mechanism by which you may end up with the doc reducing your dose???

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks bro that was what i was wanting to know. He has never mentioned shbg to me, but has not had a reason. I just used this calculator everyone seems to like https://www.steroidplotter.com/ and it appears I MIGHT be ok with test cyp at dosagaes ( 400total mg per week 150 of that for my trt) If i am readin it right, but I might just drop to 8 weeks IF i stay on it. This crap gets very confusing.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry JT I was thinking you were the OP but I see you arent. You may be right that he just hasn’t mentioned certain aspects of your bloodwork bc they have not been an issue. I’ve had my free test shoot way up and shbg low by accident on bloodwork bc of I think proviron or mast. Doc mentioned it being out of range but wasn’t too concerned but you never know.

If you ever wanna pm me about some of these questions I’ll do my best to answer them. I have no experience with Sarms btw. But I am on TRT and have experience with other gear

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not the case for me. I've had two blood tests while running a measly dose of 30mg S4 and testosterone was roughly double what each prior test showed, respectively.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not the case for me. I've had two blood tests while running a measly dose of 30mg S4 and testosterone was roughly double what each prior test showed, respectively.
I think the common thread here is that it’s not worth being on any gear during your TRT bloodwork. Some part of it is going to be off and raise questions

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry JT I was thinking you were the OP but I see you arent. You may be right that he just hasn’t mentioned certain aspects of your bloodwork bc they have not been an issue. I’ve had my free test shoot way up and shbg low by accident on bloodwork bc of I think proviron or mast. Doc mentioned it being out of range but wasn’t too concerned but you never know.

If you ever wanna pm me about some of these questions I’ll do my best to answer them. I have no experience with Sarms btw. But I am on TRT and have experience with other gear
Thanks bro. I need all the help I can get. NOw my doc does know i cycle so liver ( he rarely checks) and other issues he is not worried about except health issues and he has some competitive bodybuilders who are masters competitors . They are patients from the "freewheeling days" of their youth. I will take you up on that. SOunds like you runa blast now and then. That steroid calculator seems to help as well.

Normally i only get blood work from him 2 times a year but this year a physicians assistant made hte call to take me off test as I was not on a cycle but a 200mg per week had me over 1600 some. He is like "i would lover the dose but that would not like terrify me) Well this b*tch took me off totally cold turkey and then when i went back on at first they did bloods. 100mg per week had me in the 500s then 150 got me to almost 700 and it also screwed up my time in between when the visit would be. Normally i would do my blast right after i see him and would have at least 2 months to clean up the numbers.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks bro. I need all the help I can get. NOw my doc does know i cycle so liver ( he rarely checks) and other issues he is not worried about except health issues and he has some competitive bodybuilders who are masters competitors . They are patients from the "freewheeling days" of their youth. I will take you up on that. SOunds like you runa blast now and then. That steroid calculator seems to help as well.

Normally i only get blood work from him 2 times a year but this year a physicians assistant made hte call to take me off test as I was not on a cycle but a 200mg per week had me over 1600 some. He is like "i would lover the dose but that would not like terrify me) Well this b*tch took me off totally cold turkey and then when i went back on at first they did bloods. 100mg per week had me in the 500s then 150 got me to almost 700 and it also screwed up my time in between when the visit would be. Normally i would do my blast right after i see him and would have at least 2 months to clean up the numbers.
ThTs the same thing I do. Bloodwork 2x a year. Blast right after. 150 keeps me in the 800s. I try to keep doses as low as I can for longevity purposes

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah i am staying low dose. I mean i do not compete. I did a bit a lot lighter and in MUCH better shape in my 20s. I actually dieted better then. I do eat cleaner than most but will eat more burgers than i should. Hold the fries though :) I am thinking npp, eq and MAYBE masteron poss will an oral kicker. I stopped the cycle i was going to run ( test 400mg a week 10 weeks, than looked like 8, now its been 3. I hope to restart after bloods in april.

Will figure 12-16 weeks poss start late may early june. Been over a year since a blast as morons in the office ( not my doctor he is great) like nurses and physicians assistants decided to take me off totally of test for like 2 months. Man i felt like ****. It got down on like 300 something. My doctor was PISSED when he found out.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long before bw do you guys stop taking test?

I'm prescribed 1.5 per week of cyp.
That puts me above normal levels.
I stopped about 2.5 weeks before last bloods and my test was 505

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would just be patient and wait until your second test before you try some crazy combo of stuff that may not raise testosterone.

That's the sad fact about insurance in the US. If they find you taking any kind of illegal drug, it can cause them to disqualify you from insurance, get it cancelled or raise the rates through the roof.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dienolone won’t show up as test but might throw off E a little.