Where to buy clothes that fit us

DinosaurMuffins

DinosaurMuffins

Awards
Just curious about where people buy their shirts from.

I am a polo and jeans type of guy. I had success with Hylete but looks like they are closing up. Also, Tailored Athlete but their **** is expensive.

Basically looking for slim waist broad shoulders shirts. Most things look like a trash bag in the waist to me. But $60 for a polo adds up.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I am a polo and jeans type of guy. I had success with Hylete but looks like they are closing up. Also, Tailored Athlete but their **** is expensive.

Basically looking for slim waist broad shoulders shirts. Most things look like a trash bag in the waist to me. But $60 for a polo adds up.
Tailored stuff is so expensive.
My Grandma (years ago) used to Tailor a lot of stuff for me.

..... That's a thought .... You could go talk to a Tailor, and let them know what you want, and ask the price for tailoring some XXX stuff (or whatever side you'd need) to fit your physique.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

For gym shirts, grind athletics is using a good brand on the tees.

Otherwise I have a ton of luck with the fit at Buckle. I'll even by tees there and after they're old enough move them to my gym others stash.

For fitted office attire I get everything fitted by a tailor down the road. Her English can sometimes make communicating rough but the fit is always spot on for about $18/shirt

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Tailored stuff is so expensive.
My Grandma (years ago) used to Tailor a lot of stuff for me.

..... That's a thought .... You could go talk to a Tailor, and let them know what you want, and ask the price for tailoring some XXX stuff (or whatever side you'd need) to fit your physique.
If I buy a shirt at men's warehouse they'll charge like $50 to tailor it. But if I go to this Korean shop down the road it's usually $13-25 depending how if we also do the arms

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If I buy a shirt at men's warehouse they'll charge like $50 to tailor it. But if I go to this Korean shop down the road it's usually $13-25 depending how if we also do the arms
Nice!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know it's jackpot lol

I have even bought like crazy expensive shirts on eBay or once found a $500 Nieman marcus at goodwill for like $3, went to her to get it tailored and felt baller as hell on a discount lol
Yeah man!
Back in the day, you could pick up a lot of crazy deals at thrift stores. But now, the smarter organizations, have trained at least one employee to watch out for premium items, so they can be priced a little more accurately.

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah man!
Back in the day, you could pick up a lot of crazy deals at thrift stores. But now, the starter organizations, have trained at least one employee to watch out for premium items, so they can be priced a little more accurately.
I've seen that! You're paying nearly retail now. I think I needed a golf shirt back in Dec so I went into the goodwill thinking I'd pay $3.99 and I think it was still like $20 for the lessy faded shirt lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Marshall’s is another one. It’s hit or miss too.
My wife is a huge fan so I went with her a few months back to get a new carryon suitcase, got easily distracted though and found my dress socks for work, under shirts etc there for like half price

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone like TJ Max? Lol
I don't really know the store well although we have one here. I used to cycle my clothes a lot better pre COVID. I need to refresh though cause my clothes are getting worn out bad.

I'm sorta digging K&G for work clothes. men's warehouse discounter. It can be hit or miss but the local one has great service. I needed a tux a couple years ago and it was cheaper to buy it from them than rent it anywhere else!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't really know the store well although we have one here. I used to cycle my clothes a lot better pre COVID. I need to refresh though cause my clothes are getting worn out bad.

I'm sorta digging K&G for work clothes. men's warehouse discounter. It can be hit or miss but the local one has great service. I needed a tux a couple years ago and it was cheaper to buy it from them than rent it anywhere else!
Guess i need to try out k&g!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My wife is a huge fan so I went with her a few months back to get a new carryon suitcase, got easily distracted though and found my dress socks for work, under shirts etc there for like half price
It’s crazy how much socks and T-shirts (under shirts) cost and other stores.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s crazy how much socks and T-shirts (under shirts) cost and other stores.
for a while I was doing really well on amazon cause I wear slacks and button downs mon-fri. so good undershirts are a must for me to make my nice shirts last. But the prices have like doubled. even old gym socks I used to get on amazon for like $12 went to like $40?! TMI but once I found some great boxer briefs I liked I went back immediately and ordered like 15 pairs and threw away all my old stuff lol. my ocd likes my closet to match

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
for a while I was doing really well on amazon cause I wear slacks and button downs mon-fri. so good undershirts are a must for me to make my nice shirts last. But the prices have like doubled. even old gym socks I used to get on amazon for like $12 went to like $40?! TMI but once I found some great boxer briefs I liked I went back immediately and ordered like 15 pairs and threw away all my old stuff lol. my ocd likes my closet to match
I’m lucky I don’t have to wear dress clothes to work anymore. For a few stints in my career I had to wear shirts and ties or suits everyday and that got expensive. I always liked splurging on expensive shoes since they usually last longer than cheap ones, but the damn socks and under shirts have gotten super expensive, like you said.

DinosaurMuffins

DinosaurMuffins

Awards
I’m lucky I don’t have to wear dress clothes to work anymore. For a few stints in my career I had to wear shirts and ties or suits everyday and that got expensive. I always liked splurging on expensive shoes since they usually last longer than cheap ones, but the damn socks and under shirts have gotten super expensive, like you said.
Yeah, I don't wear dresswear anymore even though I am now further in my career. Funny how that works. I have some tailored dress shirts that work, need a new suit, which I have some gift cards for but just casual wear.... its hard. Every fucking shirt, the chest is how wide the waist is and that looks stupid as ****..... Fucking fat America at its finest.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I don't wear dresswear anymore even though I am now further in my career. Funny how that works. I have some tailored dress shirts that work, need a new suit, which I have some gift cards for but just casual wear.... its hard. Every fucking shirt, the chest is how wide the waist is and that looks stupid as ****..... Fucking fat America at its finest.
I've gotten to the point that on fridays I do cowboy boots and jeans + a nice shirt ;)
but yeah it took me years to build a closet of work clothes and now it's been years since I really replaced it so I definitely have some things that need to be updated... I mean like threads tearing etc lol. getting sloppy

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I absolutely hate buying dress shirts now. I don’t buy them often but like you say they’re huge around the gut. I try to find athletic cut ones but they’re getting harder to find.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've gotten to the point that on fridays I do cowboy boots and jeans + a nice shirt ;)
but yeah it took me years to build a closet of work clothes and now it's been years since I really replaced it so I definitely have some things that need to be updated... I mean like threads tearing etc lol. getting sloppy
It’s funny how styles change cowboy boots are back real strong right now!

DinosaurMuffins

DinosaurMuffins

Awards
I absolutely hate buying dress shirts now. I don’t buy them often but like you say they’re huge around the gut. I try to find athletic cut ones but they’re getting harder to find.
Tailored athlete brand is a win for dress shirts. Best I have found. But its pricey. Their sleeves are long for me as well but I wear an Extra Large right now. That's with a 31-inch waist and 41-inch chest and 48-inch shoulders. It fits almost perfectly.

I just need to find polos and Tshirts that fit perfectly. Buckle is a win for jeans.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tailored athlete brand is a win for dress shirts. Best I have found. But its pricey. Their sleeves are long for me as well but I wear an Extra Large right now. That's with a 31-inch waist and 41-inch chest and 48-inch shoulders. It fits almost perfectly.

I just need to find polos and Tshirts that fit perfectly. Buckle is a win for jeans.
I’ve seen commercials for a company called True Classic. They sell athletic fitting t-shirts. Like casual dress t-shirts so you can wear them out to dinner. They’re not too bad on price but I don’t know what the quality of the shirt is.

DinosaurMuffins

DinosaurMuffins

Awards
I’ve seen commercials for a company called True Classic. They sell athletic fitting t-shirts. Like casual dress t-shirts so you can wear them out to dinner. They’re not too bad on price but I don’t know what the quality of the shirt is.
I emailed them for dimensions on their shirts and they said a medium is 41 chest and 41-inch waist. Super disappointing.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s funny how styles change cowboy boots are back real strong right now!
well I'm farm raised lol, I wore cowboy boots to homecoming and prom back in the 90s and still have that old black pair of shitkickers lol. But my favorite pair now days are a new square toe ariat. They're more comfortable than any sneaker I've ever owned....

Localaxis

Localaxis

Awards
I love to get oversized clothes, they fit like regular ones to me.
But they probably will go below the waistline.

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Dresswear is always tough - but I find "Longline" T-shirts help with the bigger shoulders, not pulling the shirt up, and can be tighter fitting on the waist. As far as brands, True Classic are more tailored, Pact undershirts are nice too.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dresswear is always tough - but I find "Longline" T-shirts help with the bigger shoulders, not pulling the shirt up, and can be tighter fitting on the waist. As far as brands, True Classic are more tailored, Pact undershirts are nice too.
Not bad prices for four packs. Right now my go to tshirts are usually from the Buckle or Grind athletics. I wear them till they're sorta worn out then make them gym shirts till they're straight up disgusting lol

Last edited: