What is your secret weapon for fatloss? (besides diet)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thank you.
i have empathy, i would be lost without my wife...i pray for her quick recovery from surgery and that she stays healthy.

stay strong!!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just an update on this, been doing 15-20 mins on full incline around 4kmph x2 a week and a relatively easy 10 min skipping with some bodyweight exercises 20/10 tabata style. I have already noticed my gut tightening up, I am also eating a bit more veggies too though.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do a 10 min light cycling (exercise bike) or walk after every meal. It helps me with digestion.

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My 2 cents - everyone’s body is different but for me calorie control is critical, coupled with epiandro. I ran a 300-500 deficit for 4 months with maybe 1 or 2 cheat days over the 4 months. I worked out almost every day (lifting and cardio, and cardio on non lift days). I ended up losing 30 lbs and being in the best shape I’ve been in a long time. (230 -> 200). I used the whole CEL stack. At this time I was also able to deadlift 400lb at 200lb bw towards the tail end of the cycle, which was pretty much a PR for me. I’ve been able to keep my weight between 200-210 even with periods of crap diet.
I started another stano plex cycle, and following a maintence caloric intake with HIIT/ circuit workout. I’ve already lost a lb in 2 weeks. E.g here is one of my circuits- 1 min elliptical, bench press, tricep pull down repeat 15 times (low weight).

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My 2 cents - everyone’s body is different but for me calorie control is critical, coupled with epiandro. I ran a 300-500 deficit for 4 months with maybe 1 or 2 cheat days over the 4 months. I worked out almost every day (lifting and cardio, and cardio on non lift days). I ended up losing 30 lbs and being in the best shape I’ve been in a long time. (230 -> 200). I used the whole CEL stack. At this time I was also able to deadlift 400lb at 200lb bw towards the tail end of the cycle, which was pretty much a PR for me. I’ve been able to keep my weight between 200-210 even with periods of crap diet.
I started another stano plex cycle, and following a maintence caloric intake with HIIT/ circuit workout. I’ve already lost a lb in 2 weeks. E.g here is one of my circuits- 1 min elliptical, bench press, tricep pull down repeat 15 times (low weight).
stanoplex for 4 months straight?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do a 10 min light cycling (exercise bike) or walk after every meal. It helps me with digestion.
I think Stan Efferding does the same thing. I need to start doing that to but sometimes I just don't feel like it right after I eat.

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
stanoplex for 4 months straight?
thanks for questioning this - the first 6 weeks was all about getting back into working out and building up endurance. Strict diet, protein shakes, creatine and pre workouts. The next 10 weeks included the CEL stack. I decided to run the stano plex for 10 weeks and now after running it a couple of times I probably would not do it any less than 10 weeks but no longer than 12 or 13 weeks personally.

MOMOO

MOMOO

Awards
When you burn an extra 350ish calories each day through general movement, coupled with eating a clean diet and make time for structured exercise, you'll burn more belly fat without even putting forth extra effort. Hence, the reason we call N.E.A.T a "fat loss secret weapon.

Attachments

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I also don't really consider walking cardio, but it's still a valuable tool. Get your steps in people, every step counts.
I don't either, but I will say that adding 30-60minutes of LISS post workout is a massive fat burner for me and does an awesome job of preserving strength/lean mass. It's crazy how 30-60 minute walks are the difference between maintaining weight, and watching it melt off.

That said, I'm either running a 5-10 incline at 2.5-3.0 walking pace on a treadmill
Or walking at about a 3.8-4mph pace on an air runner
OR pushing my golf cart/carrying the clubs for 2-4 hours on the course.

the hardest part for me is finding TIME for LISS. the past couple months it's been my spanish/duolingo practice time which has helped immensely.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sorry man thats not what I meant by I am not much of a cardio man. What I meant was I do not enjoy doing it so I like to mix things up and keep it interesting, so I was asking what other things people do so I can mix it up.

On the diet thing I will cover properly too, I know to eat less I will by in a deficit for sure, haven't planned exact numbers as of yet but I 100% WILL be dieting, that's what I meant by "diet in order"

When I want REAL Cardio (like HIIT) I will program a HIIT session post workout. "Death by" is always an easy way to FORCE myself to knocking out a good 10-20 minutes of HARD HIIT cardio.

Thrusters, or clean and jerks, or burpees even are all acceptable and effective. Death by means set a stop watch or timer and add one rep every minute. (minute 1, you do one rep. Minute 10 you do 10 reps. attempt this with burpees or clean and press until you can't anymore. you'll either puke or have a heart attack lol).

Periodically I also like to make sure I can actually run 1-2 miles because I think humans should be able to run 1-2 miles just to be decent humans. I'll start with doing .1 mile run / .1mile walk intervals. work up to .25/.25. then .5/.5.. If I'm really out of shape even this little bit of work 3-6 times per week will get me back to solid 1 mile+ runs without pain/issues within a week or two.

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
I hate to say this but.... You want tips besides diet and follow up by saying your not into cardio.

So basically what I'm seeing is, how do I burn fat without diet or cardio. The answer to that is DNP
i did DNP back in the day in the middle of a heatwave ,,,, lets just say i am lucky to still be here... nasty nasty stuff

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i did DNP back in the day in the middle of a heatwave ,,,, lets just say i am lucky to still be here... nasty nasty stuff
Then you used it wrong, everything is dangerous but these things can be used safely without serious issues.

With that said. Most ppl use it wrong, and that's part of the reason it can be so dangerous and when you was wrong it can definitely kill somebody.

That's why we never see anybody recommending it around here. It should be a avoided in like 99% of situations

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Then you used it wrong, everything is dangerous but these things can be used safely without serious issues.

With that said. Most ppl use it wrong, and that's part of the reason it can be so dangerous and when you was wrong it can definitely kill somebody.

That's why we never see anybody recommending it around here. It should be a avoided in like 99% of situations
I used it way back in like 1998-1999 after I read some of Dan Duchaines articles. I used it at 1 to 1.5 mg/kg. Got me freaking shredded.... I didn't feel terrible on it at those doses.

He and Anthony Roberts were researching other uncoupling agents at that time as well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I used it way back in like 1998-1999 after I read some of Dan Duchaines articles. I used it at 1 to 1.5 mg/kg. Got me freaking shredded.... I didn't feel terrible on it at those doses.

He and Anthony Roberts were researching other uncoupling agents at that time as well.
It was actually pretty widely used back in like the 20s and 30s I believe, it's been around a lot longer than people think. There's definitely a lot of room for error with the product and people definitely have died because of it but it's more so from being reckless. Also you tend to get a lot of really overweight people who want to use it and they're the last people who should be using it because the better your cardiovascular system is the better you handle the product. There's a lot more to it and I'm not even going to begin to get into it or try to explain anything to anyone because of how dangerous it can be. I just feel like a lot of things somebody put a bad price tag on it and now everybody is afraid of it. It's like anything else, if you take two Tylenol your headache goes away and if you eat the whole bottle you die.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
5-Amino-1MQ and tesofensine can help you drop a lot of weight over 90 days. Cardio between sets, riding my stationary bike between set instead of just sitting helps burn a lot of fat.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was actually pretty widely used back in like the 20s and 30s I believe, it's been around a lot longer than people think. There's definitely a lot of room for error with the product and people definitely have died because of it but it's more so from being reckless. Also you tend to get a lot of really overweight people who want to use it and they're the last people who should be using it because the better your cardiovascular system is the better you handle the product. There's a lot more to it and I'm not even going to begin to get into it or try to explain anything to anyone because of how dangerous it can be. I just feel like a lot of things somebody put a bad price tag on it and now everybody is afraid of it. It's like anything else, if you take two Tylenol your headache goes away and if you eat the whole bottle you die.
I think there is a company trying to bring it back for diabetics. I'll try to find the document I read and post the link.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think there is a company trying to bring it back for diabetics. I'll try to find the document I read and post the link.
Yeah a few years ago it got resurrected and brought back into medical trials or something don't quote me on that but I've heard of it being used again. Like I said before the poisons in the dosage. Drug s the problem with giving it to a fat out of shape diabetics is they're the ones who are going to get the worst side effects from it. The better shape you're in cardiovascular wise the better you handle it you have to dive into how the mechanism of actions work to understand what I'm talking about but someone who's physically fit will tolerate it much better than someone who's overweight and out of shape. That's why for fitness purposes they should be used as a very last resort once you can't reduce your calories once you can't add more stimulants once you're under 10% body fat or under 8% body fat that's when it's time to use it.

People who are 20 25 30% body fat taking DNP are idiots

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
once you can't reduce your calories once you can't add more stimulants once you're under 10% body fat or under 8% body fat that's when it's time to use it.
In other words, once your body fat low enough that all you need is that extra push to kick the can :LOL:

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
In other words, once your body fat low enough that all you need is that extra push to kick the can :LOL:
What mean is a lot of these things are only necessary if you're trying to get under 10% body fat. No one who's 15 to 18% body fat, or higher. needs assistance outside of their diet because they're just being lazy (maybe lazy is not the right word I get it sometimes you have a deadline to make etc but they're just not things you want to use every single time you're trying to lose some fat) and they're probably doing more harm than good. If your body fats really high it's likely you don't do a lot of cardio and that your heart health might take a hit by adding a bunch of unnecessary stimulants and other things that might have negative health impacts

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cardio

in order:
diet
cardio
supplements.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm really keen on trying Mitoburn now that SNS has it as a solo product. It looks promising on paper.