Unanswered Weight gainers

Shep_Zaide

Shep_Zaide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So I don't usually use weight gainers.. but with this new job ( HVAC Maintenance worker at a hospital ) I feel like I need some extra calories to throw in to the regular meal line. But I am not looking to get something with tons of **** ingredients so is there one out there people have used and would recommend? Also doesn't have to have like 1200 calories even 500 is more than enough.

AmateurStrong

AmateurStrong

Awards
So I don't usually use weight gainers.. but with this new job ( HVAC Maintenance worker at a hospital ) I feel like I need some extra calories to throw in to the regular meal line. But I am not looking to get something with tons of **** ingredients so is there one out there people have used and would recommend? Also doesn't have to have like 1200 calories even 500 is more than enough.
Redcon MRE is pretty good.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've used serious mass by on before and it wasn't too bad just to tag on some extra calories.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
PEScience Select Smart Gainer
Core Nutritionals Grow

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
VMI Major Mass Lean Gainer
Possibly the best gainer I have tried, also has chunks and inclusions in the batter (Marshmallows, graham crackers)

The S'mores, Apple Pie, and PB Cookie are awesome.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Pescience smart mass or iforce mass gainz

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're strictly wanting to add calories, I'd go with something from outside of the sports supplement world personally.

You're going to get more balanced calories for your $ from something like Huel than most bodybuilding mass gainers, and usually with better quality fats/carbs

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If you're strictly wanting to add calories, I'd go with something from outside of the sports supplement world personally.

You're going to get more balanced calories for your $ from something like Huel than most bodybuilding mass gainers, and usually with better quality fats/carbs
Woah. Welcome back

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
When I was trying to put on weight my go
to was ON pro complex gainer. I would always add some real food to them, oats, peanut butter, banana, plant based chocolate milk.
MADD CALS!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ultimate nutrition use to make a really good one that was basically a protein shake with extra carbs, multi v, fish oil and creatine supplement all in one. Can't remember the name and don't know if it's still around. Any1 remember?

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ultimate nutrition use to make a really good one that was basically a protein shake with extra carbs, multi v, fish oil and creatine supplement all in one. Can't remember the name and don't know if it's still around. Any1 remember?
I used one from ultimate nutrition called muscle juice if that's the one you're talking about. Came in a big pail and one serving was 4 giant scoops. There was no room for liquid after putting it in the shaker cup. This was probably 10 years ago though and I thought the company went out of business recently but I'm not positive.

Ot2000

Awards
  • First Up Vote
iForce Mass Gainz is by far the best mass gainer I have seen based on ingredients.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Macrogen by Morphogen Nutrition looks like a pretty good new product. More of a meal replacement than a gainer but better than all that crap just filled with Dextrose

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weight gainers are tough. Most are junk. Tehre is a good bit of sugar in it but heavyweight gainer was always decent but that was 20 years ago when i was playing ball. A couple weight gainers they gave us we liked and they tasted great ( the offensive line that is). Well the new strength coach took a looka t a label and said "these guys might as well be eating cake and ice cream". Of course we all said "hell yeah. sold". It did not go over well

He ended up using protein powder ( i think we used designer at the time) with milk, peanut butter and oatmeal. this is before it became cool in all the juice bars. If you are mixing them and taking them in containers that might be an idea. Muscle milk, combat poweder and syntha 6 seem to have good as is profiles then add the fillers.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
RUSSIAN BEAR 5000
I've actually tried that product a long time ago haha. Mixed it with a half gallon of milk and put on some weight. (dirty bulk)