Unexpected Cissus side- crushed appetite

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started taking this for joint relief and I’m astonished at how well it works, literally went from a 5-6 pain level in knees after strenuous activity to a 1. However, I realized that it also killed my appetite and when I do eat, it only takes me about half the amount to get full. I’ve probably dropped 1-2% BF in the last 30 days and leaned out considerably, even though overall weight hasn’t dropped a lot- 2-3lbs in the same period.

Figured I’d pass this along as anecdote, but research seems to back this.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How much cissus are you using? I need to get on some for my shoulder.

There is research out there that suggest Cissus can be a useful weight loss supplement.

One randomized placebo-controlled trial of 168 overweight and obese individuals found that a proprietary extract of C. quadrangularis may reduce body weight, fasting blood glucose, LDL, and triglycerides, as well as potentially increase HDL levels [8].

A similar study including 123 overweight and obese individuals also found that C. quadrangularis may lower body weight, fasting blood glucose, LDL, and triglycerides, even when controlling for different types of diet [11].

Several other clinical trials have found similar potential weight loss effects in overweight people [12, 13, 14].

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How much cissus are you using? I need to get on some for my shoulder.

There is research out there that suggest Cissus can be a useful weight loss supplement.

One randomized placebo-controlled trial of 168 overweight and obese individuals found that a proprietary extract of C. quadrangularis may reduce body weight, fasting blood glucose, LDL, and triglycerides, as well as potentially increase HDL levels [8].

A similar study including 123 overweight and obese individuals also found that C. quadrangularis may lower body weight, fasting blood glucose, LDL, and triglycerides, even when controlling for different types of diet [11].

Several other clinical trials have found similar potential weight loss effects in overweight people [12, 13, 14].
nice studies if you believe in science. he however has had his stomach size cut in half by cissus. studies smh

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
It works good for my shoulders issues. Not sure about loss of appetite as I take a lot of other stuff. I do notice my shoulder flares up if I get off the cissus for more than a couple of weeks.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think cissus also helps lower cortisol.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Curious if anyone else noticed this.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve never used it daily. I only mega dose at 8 grams per day (4 morning, 4 night) for 5-6 days straight when I’m in need. Flushes out inflammation and definitely speeds metabolism. I swear by it.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve never used it daily. I only mega dose at 8 grams per day (4 morning, 4 night) for 5-6 days straight when I’m in need. Flushes out inflammation and definitely speeds metabolism. I swear by it.
Oh interesting, what sort of soreness/injury did you use it for? I have chronic tennis elbow and some shoulder pain. Hoping it helps that

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My brother raced MX and Enduro for years and has has multiple broken collar bones, shoulder surgery, and a broken wrist and he takes it daily for maintenance. I told him about it years ago when he was having a difficult time healing from one of his collar bone surgeries and his doctors were blown away at how quickly he started healing.

I actually learned about it many years ago when I raced DH and one of the trainers kept it around for the "older guys" and now I'm that older guy.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh interesting, what sort of soreness/injury did you use it for? I have chronic tennis elbow and some shoulder pain. Hoping it helps that
Knee (meniscus damage years ago), Disc inflammation, neuroma, and whatever else has been taking a beating that particular week

I seem to do this about 3-4 times yearly and it keeps me together.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
is it safe at that high dosage/

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have read quite a few studies that make me believe cissus has an appetite suppressing effect. I have a mechanism in mind, but I have never had great results. What brand are you using?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have read quite a few studies that make me believe cissus has an appetite suppressing effect. I have a mechanism in mind, but I have never had great results. What brand are you using?
Primaforce. I’ll say that this will forever be a staple going forward. Joints feel like I’m 18 again, literally not a single ache and I’ve all but moved to OMAD.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Primaforce. I’ll say that this will forever be a staple going forward. Joints feel like I’m 18 again, literally not a single ache and I’ve all but moved to OMAD.
I may have to try that brand. Do you take Taurine at all? I bet the combo would be very anti-inflammatory.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have just started Cissus 2000mg a day and taurine and noticed my joints are already feeling much better, 3 days in. No suppressed appetite yet, maybe ever so slightly... might need to take more.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have just started Cissus 2000mg a day and taurine and noticed my joints are already feeling much better, 3 days in. No suppressed appetite yet, maybe ever so slightly... might need to take more.
I might need to add this into my regimen during the winter months for joint support!