Ultra Hard

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have recently purchased Ultra Hard and Alpha Four. The Alpha Four pump works great, however the Ultra Hard pump seems to dispense just not well and place I bought it (Powermyself) offered the news explanation

"What it sounds like happened is air got stuck in the pump assembly

If they remove the bottom cap from the bottle (the cap with the lot code and exp date), it will expose the piston - this moves up the bottle as gel is dispensed

Once the piston is exposed, they need to use their finger to push the piston up while pumping the bottle - this should expel the air and allow the pump to work as it should. The manufacturer of the pump assemblies calls this burping the bottle"

Any suggestions on how one would removed the bottom cap, as look as though it’s not something that will come off?

@delsolrob

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I texted this to Dan at Powermyself last night…guess this was for you :)

the bottom plate is incredibly easy to remove - it’s just a snap in plate on the bottom of the bottle and it snaps on/off

side of the bottom - plate installed

side of the bottom - plate partially lifted

bottom plate removed - piston exposed

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yup, very easy to remove. I was able to remove the bottom cap with my fingernails, but a basic kitchen knife or any other slim object should work.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Bumping this thread for 2022, this works like a charm. Took me about 2 seconds to pop the bottom of the bottle, and get the air out of the pump assembly.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bumping this thread for 2022, this works like a charm. Took me about 2 seconds to pop the bottom of the bottle, and get the air out of the pump assembly.
glad it was a quick fix! Again, sorry for the frustration

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
All good, things happen, particularly in the supplement industry. I appreciate you taking time to address the issue personally, and quickly. You my friend have a customer for life.

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Except my fingers are lot long enough to push the piston past a certain point. Not sure how I am going to get the stuff out in a measured dose. I am only a few days in and I can't reach it. It is extremely difficult to get a measured dose since I am basically just pushing it and stuff squirts out instead of a single pump. Very frustrated.

No response from Iconic Formulations with my concern the day after I received it.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Except my fingers are lot long enough to push the piston past a certain point. Not sure how I am going to get the stuff out in a measured dose. I am only a few days in and I can't reach it. It is extremely difficult to get a measured dose since I am basically just pushing it and stuff squirts out instead of a single pump. Very frustrated.

No response from Iconic Formulations with my concern the day after I received it.
I'm sure you're frustrated! But, I think you missed the whole point of the instructions above.

This method is a way to correct the issue - it's called burping the bottle. These bottles function using a vacuum, that pulls the piston up the bottle and expels the gel. if air gets trapped in the pump assembly then the vacuum stops working and the pump stops dispersing gel. The point of pushing the piston up is to drive the air out of the pump assembly...this should get the pump working again.

please give this a try and let us know the results

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Not sure if your aware. @delsolrob is Iconic Formulations.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@Lumalux get this resolved?

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Purchased 2 bottles of Alpha Four a while back, probably around 6 months ago. Started using it a few weeks ago and it was liquid, not a gel. When I first purchased, I tried one pump just to check its consistency, and it was a gel. Has anyone had their alpha four turn into liquid?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Purchased 2 bottles of Alpha Four a while back, probably around 6 months ago. Started using it a few weeks ago and it was liquid, not a gel. When I first purchased, I tried one pump just to check its consistency, and it was a gel. Has anyone had their alpha four turn into liquid?
I've used several Ultra Hard and 2 Ultra Eleven tubes. I'd call them liquid, rather than gel myself. Ultra Hard was a bit thicker though, I think.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Having this issue with Ultra Hard myself. My Dermacrine bottle works great. I'll try burping the air out again to see if I can get it to work.