Training triceps on chest day

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I’ve been doing isolation triceps exercises on chest day after my chest workout, using the chest workout as the main ‘pushing’ part of the triceps workout.
For the isolation exercises, I’ve been focusing on machine triceps presses, machine triceps extensions and overhead cable extensions. I’m thinking of adding overhand triceps cable extensions into the mix to hit the medial head which is something I believe I’ve been neglecting.

Are there any other exercises that you think I should be doing for my triceps if I’m training them specifically after training chest?

Also, those of you who also train triceps after training chest, do you hit your triceps on a different day too?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I superset Chest and Triceps, my favorite movement is Skull Crushers.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If I was training triceps after chest I'd probably do skullcrushers for moderate reps, pushups until failure and high rep pushdowns for pump work (rest-pause, drop sets, etc.).

I'd do an arm day later in the week where I'd more or less do the same again but preceded by close-grip bench and/or dips for lowish reps (4-6, maybe 8 tops) and lots of weight.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are there any inherent advantages to doing skull crushers over doing overhead extensions with a cable machine? The reason I’ve been doing overhead cable extensions and not skull crushers is because skull crushers agitate my left elbow

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's the thing right? As we get more advanced than our training and we start doing this for longer and longer we realized it's some movements some of us can't do and some movements we can. I go for 5 week Cycles or I do Skull Crushers and then I switch to just cable stuff for triceps. Seems if I do skull crusher's for too long I get banged up

C

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I train triceps after chest and shoulders Close grip bench press ,dips and then a high rep range cable press down literally can’t doing anything else after this lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are there any inherent advantages to doing skull crushers over doing overhead extensions with a cable machine? The reason I’ve been doing overhead cable extensions and not skull crushers is because skull crushers agitate my left elbow
Do what is most comfortable for you, elbow pain is not advantageous to growth !!