Training guide, tips and routine for a women

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So a few ladies have asked me to help with their training and atm my knowledge for females is modest at best.
Do you ladies and gents have any training guides, tips or routines that you could share for training women?

Juggernaut AM

Juggernaut AM

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
Women mostly are worried about their lower bodies so most of the training revolves around that. (squats, deads, ets…) You are also working against a hormonal profile that is much more resistant to fat loss/muscle gain than a man so I usually incorporate more compound movements that keep their heart rate elevated.

Other than that its 80% diet with women and depending on their body type, blood work and body comp, it varies greatly.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Women are also very resistant to muscle loss and maintain muscle very well with no gear and low calories.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Training women is basically the same. Most girls enjoy higher volume and circuit style training of some form. They’re naturally inclined to have more muscle endurance than men.

Now, like they mentioned above we respond a little differently. We basically have to work twice as hard to achieve half as much! Lol

Also, depending on the girl, many are less likely to be big self motivators or push themselves to increase strength and/or intensity. At least this has been my experience with helping other females.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Typically women can handle a bit more volume and frequency, but that’s always still individual-specific.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Training women is basically the same. Most girls enjoy higher volume and circuit style training of some form. They’re naturally inclined to have more muscle endurance than men.
Would you say that lighter, higher volume training tends to work better for women than heavier, lower volume training?
I ask because of course most people tend to prefer the type of training that they’re better suited to

Now, like they mentioned above we respond a little differently. We basically have to work twice as hard to achieve half as much! Lol
Hahaha on the bright side you ladies can maintain it more easily apparently

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Would you say that lighter, higher volume training tends to work better for women than heavier, lower volume training?
I ask because of course most people tend to prefer the type of training that they’re better suited to

Hahaha on the bright side you ladies can maintain it more easily apparently
Both! Lol...it really depends on the person and their goals. I do think typically girls benefit from heavier lifting. Like in the 5-10 rep range. 5-8 in main lifts and isolation work can be higher reps with dropsets etc. Many girls will hear lighter with higher reps and do 15-20 reps with weight they could easily do for an additional 10-15 reps.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Both! Lol...it really depends on the person and their goals. I do think typically girls benefit from heavier lifting. Like in the 5-10 rep range. 5-8 in main lifts and isolation work can be higher reps with dropsets etc. Many girls will hear lighter with higher reps and do 15-20 reps with weight they could easily do for an additional 10-15 reps.
Everyone benefits from the 5-10 rep range lol. Women can just handle more sets of these. But you have all these uninformed personal traininers and bros perpetuating that toning crap because their fragile egos can’t accept that many women have the potential to outlift men (especially those using PEDs to help level the field).

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyone benefits from the 5-10 rep range lol. Women can just handle more sets of these. But you have all these uninformed personal traininers and bros perpetuating that toning crap because their fragile egos can’t accept that many women have the potential to outlift men (especially those using PEDs to help level the field).
Exactly!! Plus the fear/mindset of “getting bulky” from heavier weights! Way too much misinformation out there saying light and high reps especially for women! I didn’t mean only women benefit from that rep range just meant it more of getting them to that mindset of pushing the heavier weights to actually challenge themselves! That’s one of the biggest challenges I have with the ones I’ve helped. They either think they can’t, are afraid to get bulky, or flat out don’t want to... lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Exactly!! Plus the fear/mindset of “getting bulky” from heavier weights! Way too much misinformation out there saying light and high reps especially for women! I didn’t mean only women benefit from that rep range just meant it more of getting them to that mindset of pushing the heavier weights to actually challenge themselves! That’s one of the biggest challenges I have with the ones I’ve helped. They either think they can’t, are afraid to get bulky, or flat out don’t want to... lol
Oh I know you didn’t mean it that way, and I very much agree with you. It comes down to our culture and misconception. They basically should be trained same as men, except they can handle a bit more frequency and intensity.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s really ironic how some girls are being told to do that and male bodybuiders lift light weights for high reps to increase hypertrophy and gain more size haha