Too Much Sitting All day; Should I Stretch Hip Flexors or Hamstrings First?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

As I have posted elsewhere, I have very bad anterior pelvic tilt, tilt sideways, etc., very tight hamstrings, very tight hip flexors, weak glutes, weak abs.

1. I saw the "UnlockMyHips[dot]com".

I decided to try it.

While I am not fully sure if the science and explanation is correct, such a specific 10 minute routine would work well before, during or after exercise.

I am not sure it would hurt me to try.

2. I also got a free package for "Unlock my Hamstrings".

3. My question is:

"Should I stretch my hip-flexors or hamstrings first?"

Anything that this video set, or myself, is missing?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lou is a saint.

I am going to be honest man you really just need to do something, anything really.

You seem to be caught in paralysis by analysis. I feel like I've seen this exact post from you several times.

Go workout. Do something for awhile. Don't stress about it. I bet if you just did some sort of routine even little things like this would clear up.

Trust me I love to overanalyze things, which is why I have someone else tell me what to do a lot. That way I just do it and put in the work and don't overthink.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lou is a saint.

I am going to be honest man you really just need to do something, anything really.

You seem to be caught in paralysis by analysis. I feel like I've seen this exact post from you several times.

Go workout. Do something for awhile. Don't stress about it. I bet if you just did some sort of routine even little things like this would clear up.

Trust me I love to overanalyze things, which is why I have someone else tell me what to do a lot. That way I just do it and put in the work and don't overthink.
This all day. Try it one way for a week and see if it helps at all. Not helping? Try it the other way. Chances are it won't matter.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hip Flexors all day. But ya have to warm up first.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I deal with this too, just not from sitting too much. I have to stretch my quads and hip flexors as well as release the piriformis and keep my hamstrings strong. I disagree with stretching hamstrings. I can’t recall where I read it, but the tight hamstrings aren’t a result of being overworked/strong, they’re being pulled tight or something. Anyway, it works to keep me pain free.

seanmitchell12

Awards
My hamstrings were injured after running constantly for 10 miles, but i've not idea how to manage that. The doctor advised me to do stretching before exercise. Stretching is the main thing to prevent injury.