Test P & Gabapentin?

JD52

Awards
Hey Guys I’m currently on TRT from my Dr. 1X shot a week @ 250mg to keep my body within good healthy range. I was also prescribed Gabapentin years ago for my sleep insomnia. Anyone know much about Gabapentin effect over Testosterone and Muscle Effect ? Thanks guys

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gabapentin shouldn't have any interactions with testosterone. It's working on all sorts of different receptors in the brain and wouldn't even interact with hormones.

Gabapentin drug interactions:

Gabapentin clinical pharmacology:

Of course, if you're concerned, you should speak with the doctor who prescribed you with the Gabapentin and tell him your plans.

JD52

Awards
Gabapentin shouldn't have any interactions with testosterone. It's working on all sorts of different receptors in the brain and wouldn't even interact with hormones.

Gabapentin drug interactions:

Gabapentin clinical pharmacology:

Of course, if you're concerned, you should speak with the doctor who prescribed you with the Gabapentin and tell him your plans.
Thanks StarScream, he had mentioned there should be no interacting with Testosterone or Muscle effect/wasting. I usually take it at night to help with relaxation and helps me get a deep sleep which is good to help with muscle recover. Just curious if anyone takes it

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks StarScream, he had mentioned there should be no interacting with Testosterone or Muscle effect/wasting. I usually take it at night to help with relaxation and helps me get a deep sleep which is good to help with muscle recover. Just curious if anyone takes it
I actually used to take it as an anti-anxiety med prescribed to me. But, it didn't work so I had my psych switch me to Lyrica, which is another gabapentanoid. I use Remeron at 15mg for sleep..

JD52

Awards
I actually used to take it as an anti-anxiety med prescribed to me. But, it didn't work so I had my psych switch me to Lyrica, which is another gabapentanoid. I use Remeron at 15mg for sleep..
Haven’t heard of Remeron before. May have to check into it.

JD52

Awards
Haven’t heard of Remeron before. May have to check into it.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey Guys I’m currently on TRT from my Dr. 1X shot a week @ 250mg to keep my body within good healthy range. I was also prescribed Gabapentin years ago for my sleep insomnia. Anyone know much about Gabapentin effect over Testosterone and Muscle Effect ? Thanks guys
Interesting. Gabapentin's action usually wears of quickly. Are you still noticing it's effects after prolonged use?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tried trazadone for sleep but it ended up stuffing my nose, totally, and I couldn't sleep with it. Besides, it's not pleasant having to use meds in order to sleep every night.

JD52

Awards
It works for me. 200mg I feel the effect. Helps with sleep and mood when I’m stressed or high anxiety. Rather not use any meds if possible but my sleep is horrible. I wake up every night same time 3-4am from a deep sleep

I tried trazadone for sleep but it ended up stuffing my nose, totally, and I couldn't sleep with it. Besides, it's not pleasant having to use meds in order to sleep every night.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For how long and how often have you been taking it?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Remeron or RAMELTEON?

Nevermind I see Remeron is brand name for mirtazapine....mirtazapine caused huge weight gain for me in short time, even at low dose-i don't recoomend....ramelteon is a new melatonin derivitive thats works real good for me without side effects of anti-depessants/psychotics....but remelteon is pretty expensive and many insurance may not have in formulary.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1st question-250mg weekly for trt? wow!!!

to answer question-I've been on trt 12 years and gabapentin at 300mg before bed for restless legs for 7 years, no issues!!!

JD52

Awards
1st question-250mg weekly for trt? wow!!!

to answer question-I've been on trt 12 years and gabapentin at 300mg before bed for restless legs for 7 years, no issues!!!
Just recently they dropped my dosage down to 175mg week after my blood work came back in

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just recently they dropped my dosage down to 175mg week after my blood work came back in
I was told when 1st started on 300mg that dose was low and could increase if needed, I've stayed at 300mg for 7 years now with no issue-no difference in testosterone[or anything else for that matter] on bloods.

but if reducing dose makes you feel better, then by all means-go for it!!!

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Remeron or RAMELTEON?

Nevermind I see Remeron is brand name for mirtazapine....mirtazapine caused huge weight gain for me in short time, even at low dose-i don't recoomend....ramelteon is a new melatonin derivitive thats works real good for me without side effects of anti-depessants/psychotics....but remelteon is pretty expensive and many insurance may not have in formulary.
Yeah, I've unfortunately gained a lot of weight recently. So, I bought an exercise bike and I'm taking Condemned Labs ARSYN right now while I wait to try and get my Albuterol (still looking for a reliable source, PM me if you have one!) and T2, which will hopefully help the fat melt off.

But otherwise, Remeron isn't too bad. It helps me sleep really well at night and be less anxious the next day. It apparently makes a lot of people crave carbs, and I noticed that at the start, but now I don't feel so hungry on it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I've unfortunately gained a lot of weight recently. So, I bought an exercise bike and I'm taking Condemned Labs ARSYN right now while I wait to try and get my Albuterol (still looking for a reliable source, PM me if you have one!) and T2, which will hopefully help the fat melt off.

But otherwise, Remeron isn't too bad. It helps me sleep really well at night and be less anxious the next day. It apparently makes a lot of people crave carbs, and I noticed that at the start, but now I don't feel so hungry on it.
look at user reviews, many gain weight and it is not 'normal' weight gain that comes off easily-I had to work really hard to get the almost 10lbs I gained in around a week....I agree that it is a wonderful/effective sleep aid, but the sleep comes at too steep of a price for me. I have almost a full bottle, but only use it very sparingly.

if your insurance formulary covers ramelteon give it a try, it isn't nearly as effective as Remeron but has been completely sides free...admitedly ramelteon is hit or miss, guess I am fortunate it works as well or better than anything else i've used that has been sides free, non-addicting is a bonus also.

Last edited: