Test cycles- do i stack

K

kevker

Awards
So a bit of background. 52 (so wasn't sure whether to post here or in the over 35s, but I think more people read this bit). Used to do cycles in my 30s, usually test with deca etc etc. Nothing outrageous dose wise, but made excellent gains.

Really back into my training now, done two cycles of Test E (250 a week) with a proper PCT. Currently doing a third cycle of 500 a week. I'm just wondering if for the next cycle I should stack with Deca or just do another Test E cycle. I understand the logic behind stacking, reduce the test, less conversion, but I did suffer from Deca dick before, so want to avoid that.

My aims are not what they were in my 30s. Now I just want a decent amount of muscle, while keeping some definition. Test has really really helped with this as I was struggling to lose body fat before this, due to a few reasons, chronic back pain, shoulder injury, depression, insomnia etc. Test has helped with the depression btw.

so in summary, I want decent gains, decent maintenance, not too many side effects. Should I just keep cycles of 500 a week or stack? Also cruising wasn't a thing really when I cycled before. I still like the idea of coming off for a while to let the plums recover somewhat, but happy to hear peoples opinion on this.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure man I think you're probably ready to throw in another compound... Why not add something besides deca?? If your goals are to put on a little lean mass and try and maintain a relatively low bf there are better options than deca. Try some anavar, great pumps, great for the skin and also has a collagen synthesis so it will also put a little padding on those beat up body parts. Also I love Test, Anavar and REAL Primo.... This is my favorite cycle because there are virtually nil sides for me. But I don't run anything high dose. For me I never go over 4s and not more than 3 compounds... so example would be 400 mg test, 400 primo, 40 var. I cruise at 125 a week of test so this is quite a blast. I do smaller ones too, lower doses.

Anyway you have to try some other compounds to see what works for you. Everybody is different and I'd pick one compound that suits your needs, research the crap out of it and pull the trigger when you're ready.

Deca is a 19 nor AS so it doesn't react the way typical aas do w estrogen. It creates a prolactin imbalance, so that's what causes "dd". If you control the prolactin, you control the problem. Get the proper ancillaries to run on cycle and keep E2 in check.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At 52, I’m amazed you think PCT is a good idea. It is not. How big are your testicles going to get when your 5-decade-old HPTA spits and sputters to try to re-fire your endogenous production up to those 1-200ng/dl test levels they’ll probably be lucky to manage after getting shut down at your age? What kind of physique will you be able to maintain with that?

You are going to take 2 steps forward this blast and 3 steps back when your cortisol becomes jacked through the roof and you are in a low test, estrogen-dominant environment. You would be much better off longterm at this point running a legitimate TRT dose in between modest blasts than pushing a heavier blast then coming off and crashing down to nothing.

I PCT’d for a decade, all through my 20s, and even getting back to 600 levels in between blasts I lost tons of gains and really lost ground between blasts, no matter how much progress I made on the previous blast. Now that I cruise, my testicles are the same decent size year round. They shrunk a little bit compared to when inbetween blasts, but just the once, and have stayed decent in size.

You can always try some HCG therapy in the off time to bulk them up, but do not try to actually fire up your own production. At least cruise on HCG for 8 weeks or something (which would drive your testes to produce endogenous test but not wait for your sleepy hypothalamus to wake up and hope it sends even a modest amount of LH down to the testes). If you want to cycle at this age, you should prioritize your overall health and utilize TRT inbetween.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That probably all sounded a lot more condescending than it should have. I just want to see you do well for yourself; good luck!
At 52, I’m amazed you think PCT is a good idea. It is not. How big are your testicles going to get when your 5-decade-old HPTA spits and sputters to try to re-fire your endogenous production up to those 1-200ng/dl test levels they’ll probably be lucky to manage after getting shut down at your age? What kind of physique will you be able to maintain with that?

You are going to take 2 steps forward this blast and 3 steps back when your cortisol becomes jacked through the roof and you are in a low test, estrogen-dominant environment. You would be much better off longterm at this point running a legitimate TRT dose in between modest blasts than pushing a heavier blast then coming off and crashing down to nothing.

I PCT’d for a decade, all through my 20s, and even getting back to 600 levels in between blasts I lost tons of gains and really lost ground between blasts, no matter how much progress I made on the previous blast. Now that I cruise, my testicles are the same decent size year round. They shrunk a little bit compared to when inbetween blasts, but just the once, and have stayed decent in size.

You can always try some HCG therapy in the off time to bulk them up, but do not try to actually fire up your own production. At least cruise on HCG for 8 weeks or something (which would drive your testes to produce endogenous test but not wait for your sleepy hypothalamus to wake up and hope it sends even a modest amount of LH down to the testes). If you want to cycle at this age, you should prioritize your overall health and utilize TRT inbetween.
That is my plan moving forward.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea I'm turning 41 this week and I'm done with pct..just gonna cruise round the world
Started when my son was finally born, and zero regrets 1.5 years later. It is not much trouble to stick a little insulin needle somewhere with 1/4ml twice a week. You can try subq, IM, mix it up since the volume is so trivial. Many diabetics manage that with insulin several times a day.

M

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Started when my son was finally born, and zero regrets 1.5 years later. It is not much trouble to stick a little insulin needle somewhere with 1/4ml twice a week. You can try subq, IM, mix it up since the volume is so trivial. Many diabetics manage that with insulin several times a day.
Many bodybuilders manage their insulin several times a day.lol. for real though twice a week whole I'm getting ready for work is not a hard ask for the benefits. Just another morning routine like brushing your teeth

K

kevker

Awards
@Hyde not condescending at all. I think the theory behind taking gear has changed a lot since I was last serious about it. Also at that time, as you say things will ramp up much quicker than they would now. Once you drop past 50, as you say other considerations come into effect. Already you notice, even on a cycle your strength is nowhere near the same as it was on the same course in your 30s. so I need to get my head around what is best for me in my 50s and beyond.

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice, as always its much appreciated.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Hyde not condescending at all. I think the theory behind taking gear has changed a lot since I was last serious about it. Also at that time, as you say things will ramp up much quicker than they would now. Once you drop past 50, as you say other considerations come into effect. Already you notice, even on a cycle your strength is nowhere near the same as it was on the same course in your 30s. so I need to get my head around what is best for me in my 50s and beyond.

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice, as always its much appreciated.
I'm with Hyde. Plus you are on a cycle and already planning your next cycle. Haha! Might as well pull the the trigger on TRT.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm with Hyde. Plus you are on a cycle and already planning your next cycle. Haha! Might as well pull the the trigger on TRT.
That’s my thought; if you are going to be putting your body through the extra stress, give yourself the best means to maintain it and make it more worthwhile.

S

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently running 250/200/25 test/primo/var.. I know the doses are really low by most peoples standards, but I'm loving it. Zero sides, I'm in a deficit and the last 2 weeks everything is finally kicking in and I'm looking leaner every time I look in the mirror with muscles all looking fuller/rounder and definitely have put on a few lean pounds as well.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agree totally with going on TRT. I’m 57 and went on TRT when I was 53, but really wonder why I waited. Feel great, stay lean, strong, and healthy, and get regular blood work just to make sure all is well.
I like the idea of Test 400, Primo or Mast at 400, for 12 weeks, and maybe finish with Anavar the last 4 weeks. Really clean cycle, and if you were still getting results with Test only, I think you’ll like the lean clean gains of this cycle.