Supplements for cardio?

lucifer92

Awards
What are some good supplements that help with cardio. Either it is for mood, or for endurance, or to elavate heart rate and oxygen output.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What are some good supplements that help with cardio. Either it is for mood, or for endurance, or to elavate heart rate and oxygen output.
4g Peak 02 - Performance/Endurnace/V02 Max Output
2g LCLT - Recovery
5g Creatine - Strength/Performance
2g Synerglut - Performance
4g L-Citrulline or 8g Citrulline Malate - Performance / Prevent Lactic Acid Build up
2g COP - Performance / Endurance

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great list above. I love Peak o2, Xtend Perform is how I usually get it. I use Xtend Perform for intra on cardio days. Lifting days I use IntraMax as my intra.

I would also say FitMax for the mood and heart rate increase you mentioned. FitMax has become my morning coffee replacement. Used pre cardio I notice a major increase in body temp, increased HR, and uplifted mood. The fat loss properties are an added bonus.

fitmax-label.jpg

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Epicatechin is working well for me but I’m taking 1200mg of it. (Ep1logue and EPI-Plex). I’m not sure how much it actually builds muscle but it definitely helps with intensity and drive.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Best I have ever used is radiate, after that I would say Hydra Shred by Spartan and Fitmax by Performax will be the other two I plan on trying eventually

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lots of supplements you can use

Ive been doing mine fasted. Only supplement ive been using is bcaa's

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine would be a good place to start. But for a more all-encompassing product, my vote would also be FitMax. It delivers a good balance of energy and focus without being too high-stim. FitMax would be a great solution to boost your mood and provide energy to push you through your cardio.

Most people (myself included) don't enjoy cardio. But try to see the big picture and the benefits of adding it into your program to push you toward your goals. Having the right mindset will be your biggest help

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2g LCLT - Recovery
4g L-Citrulline or 8g Citrulline Malate - Performance / Prevent Lactic Acid Build up
Yeah,
PeakO2, Citrulline and COP at these doses would be good. Others stuff helps too but not as much benefit.

aloosecannon

Awards
  • Established
2g LCLT - Recovery
Good list. This is what helps me the most:
Peak O2
Beta Alanine
Capros
COP

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would say BA is one of your best choices to increase your overall endurance.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If your goal is to increase aerobic capacity, then increasing your heart rate should be low on your list. The goal should be focused on improved oxygen uptake (not delivery) and waste removal as those 2 are far more critical to performance.

If your heart rate is like 150-160 then you're restricted as to how much more you can push it, whereas keeping your heart rate lower will give you more leeway to increase your pace.

But it depends on your purpose for cardio and whether your goal is to improve it or just find it hard.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Personally I don’t like to have a high dose of stims before cardio. Whatever supp you choose it’s about finding the right amount to get you into it and focused but not over stimmed! I’ve done that before and it’s not a fun feeling part way through the run feeling like you are going to puke with your heart racing!

For my last fire fitness VO2 max test I ended up going with a 3/4 scoop of reign before and everything went well!

Mike NCR

Mike NCR

Awards
Cordyceps products by MST
I second this suggestion, although I found the cheaper Cordygen5 worked better than their more expensive product Cordygen VO2 Max. Go figure!

I take 2/day in the month leading up to the endurance event, then 3 on the day of the event 2 hours prior. I'm a MACHINE on this stuff, no joke.

Beta-Alanine complements this protocol nicely too, but you have to take it more than twice a day while loading to maximize the effect. I do 6 weeks at 2g x 3 times daily (waking, midday, bedtime), followed by maintenance at 2g/day (waking and bedtime) until the event.

Of course, despite all this you still need to train your cardio. For runs I start at an easy peezy pace on the treadmill for 20 minutes and increase it by .2mph every run, going 3 times a week with a minimum of 48 hours between sessions to give your system and joints a break. When you reach the pace you want for race day and can maintain it for those 20 minutes, start extending the sessions by 5 minutes at that speed/pace every session until you reach where you want to be duration-wise. This is a simple and uncomplicated program I've used for endurance events with success several times.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I second this suggestion, although I found the cheaper Cordygen5 worked better than their more expensive product Cordygen VO2 Max. Go figure!

I take 2/day in the month leading up to the endurance event, then 3 on the day of the event 2 hours prior. I'm a MACHINE on this stuff, no joke.

Beta-Alanine complements this protocol nicely too, but you have to take it more than twice a day while loading to maximize the effect. I do 6 weeks at 2g x 3 times daily (waking, midday, bedtime), followed by maintenance at 2g/day (waking and bedtime) until the event.

Of course, despite all this you still need to train your cardio. For runs I start at an easy peezy pace on the treadmill for 20 minutes and increase it by .2mph every run, going 3 times a week with a minimum of 48 hours between sessions to give your system and joints a break. When you reach the pace you want for race day and can maintain it for those 20 minutes, start extending the sessions by 5 minutes at that speed/pace every session until you reach where you want to be duration-wise. This is a simple and uncomplicated program I've used for endurance events with success several times.
*deleted bad info

Mike NCR

Mike NCR

Awards
I’ve used them as well. I believe one of those 2 was reported to have been “spiked”??
Never heard that, but it would go a long way to explain why the cheaper stuff worked better. Any idea what it would've been spiked with? I had trouble sleeping on both after 3 weeks, but I've had that on generic Cordy powder too.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Never heard that, but it would go a long way to explain why the cheaper stuff worked better. Any idea what it would've been spiked with? I had trouble sleeping on both after 3 weeks, but I've had that on generic Cordy powder too.
Hey sorry I couldn’t remember exactly what it was but i found this article https://blog.priceplow.com/industry-news/lyman-good-drug-test-anavite

I think some dude failed a test and blamed these supps but it wasn’t ever proven. I guess I had just read the title or heard about it and had it in the back of my head. Sorry for the mixup

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah,
PeakO2, Citrulline and COP at these doses would be good. Others stuff helps too but not as much benefit.

You noticed much from COP? I wasn’t sure if it was legit as never really talked about

matteoF1

Awards
Im also interesting something specific for the cardio.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not really a supplement but I’d suggest Gw501516

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
controlled labs WHITE WARPED....for me it is perfect for cardio[running].

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Seems normal pre wo stims nothing special.
sorry if something I recommended to the op doesn't meet with your approval....

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would start with the basics like endogenous sups for example.

Coq10, PPQ, ALC to increase energy at the cellular level.

Add some NO boosters like Cardiose, arginine, and ornithine to promote heart dilation.

Herbs like hawthorn, arjuna, pine bark to strengthen your cardiovascular system.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
PeakO2 and Nitrates are two of my favorites for boosting cardio abilities.