Sugar free energy drinks

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
So I’ve been on these for about a month and seem to be gaining weight the last few weeks. Same diet and stayed consistently around 202-204 and now I am 208. Also stopped taking dhea so not real sure. But I have read sugar free anything that gives your body the response of sugar causes cravings and thus eating more? This hold true for most?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I’ve been on these for about a month and seem to be gaining weight the last few weeks. Same diet and stayed consistently around 202-204 and now I am 208. Also stopped taking dhea so not real sure. But I have read sugar free anything that gives your body the response of sugar causes cravings and thus eating more? This hold true for most?
This is not necessarily true.

Energy drinks that are truly calorie free aren't going to directly cause you to gain weight. Did they cause you to feel more hungry and making you eat more?

For some they may make you have more cravings, for others they will help alleviate cravings. In a scenario where you add them in and don't change caloric intake or expenditure it should not cause any changes.

I'd be more inclined to think it may be something regarding the dropping DHEA or possibly just a random fluctuation from something else.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Think it increases cravings as any sugar does for me. When I just stop with any sugar tasting drinks or foods I hopefully will drop back down. Reason I even took dhea was my blood said I was low moderate.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sadly the forums are full of energy drinks adverts and more companies making them, Im addicted but this addiction has caused me to have a belly, I tried to figure how this happened and pretty sure result of energy drinks And no intense job

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sadly the forums are full of energy drinks adverts and more companies making them, Im addicted but this addiction has caused me to have a belly, I tried to figure how this happened and pretty sure result of energy drinks And no intense job
No that is not why.

Excess calorie consumption that is past what your sedentary job and lack of training (if you even do) accounts for.

DieselJD

Awards
From what I have read, the only way calorie free drinks have an effect on weight is because when people drink them they think they are doing something healthy, therefore think they can eat more of other bad foods. They do not in and of themselves do ****.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Energy drinks make you fat cause it raises cortisol. They are terrible for your system and reek havoc on your gut... just like all stims. They leave you tired and fat and needing more to function. Want results and athletic performance? Cut out the stims. And limit coffee to two cups a day.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This thread 🤦🏽‍♂️

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Energy drinks make you fat cause it raises cortisol. They are terrible for your system and reek havoc on your gut... just like all stims. They leave you tired and fat and needing more to function. Want results and athletic performance? Cut out the stims. And limit coffee to two cups a day.
Agree and what about the other crap apart from caffeine they put in them..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No that is not why.

Excess calorie consumption that is past what your sedentary job and lack of training (if you even do) accounts for.
If only Americans replaced the 20 creamers and sugars they put in their coffee and drank 0 calorie energy drinks.....
Maybe... Just MAYBE American's would not be as "fat" or have "bellies"
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

But what do we know?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dupe

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A lot of truth to that .. Im on maybe 1 a week sometimes not even that

so many options out there now ..yeah its not in RTD form but we need to stop being lazy and mix some good amino's with our aqua and continue to weed out energy drinks .. but itll never happen.. huge market and pple get sucked into it drinking daily

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know when your dad gives you that advice you don't want to hear but you know he's right.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If only Americans replaced the 20 creamers and sugars they put in their coffee and drank 0 calorie energy drinks.....
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

But what do we know?
I drink my coffee black and eat well. With absolutely nothing else changed except the removal of stims which were never accompanied by calories - my condition has hugely improved and in all other aspects of my life. I limit myself to have two strong cups of coffee per day.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

But what do we know?
Daily bang crew checking in. Just one a day and I’m good

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I drink my coffee black and eat well. With absolutely nothing else changed except the removal of stims which were never accompanied by calories - my condition has hugely improved and in all other aspects of my life. I limit myself to have two strong cups of coffee per day.
Coffee makes me feel worse than bang or reign energy drinks.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Coffee makes me feel worse than bang or reign energy drinks.
Yeh because coffee is pure energy drink is full of artificial crap. Also after a while your tolerance will go up to them, say you start with small red bull can, now they have double sizes, same with monster

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeh because coffee is pure energy drink is full of artificial crap. Also after a while your tolerance will go up to them, say you start with small red bull can, now they have double sizes, same with monster
Yeah, I don’t like that they’re artificial but now I just drink one bang or reign pre workout only . I’ve noticed that’s all I really need. They’re sugar/calorie free btw. They contain aminos, coq10 and electrolytes which is cool

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Mind you I drank coffee completely black

Gave me jitters yet lethargy
I crashed from coffee worse than bang or reign which provide literally hours of steady energy
Destroyed my stomach
Made me nauseated all day
Made me feel overall bad

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok but that is the caffeine not just energy drinks. More coffee would also mean more stims as would pre-workouts, etc.

Too much caffeine may be detrimental, but its also not fair to others to make a blanket statement saying their levels are problematic (again some are as there are a few members I've seen on here who seem insane haha).

I am glad you found the right balance for yourself for your goals and gains.

Oh cool an appeal to nature. Of course they offer other sizes, coffee offers multiple sizes because some people want more or less caffeine at different periods.

At the end of the day this thread is a mess, they aren't ruining the OPs weight loss directly and now it is on a tangent so I am unsubscribing as I doubt there is any rational discourse coming from what I've seen.