Stiff neck help!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I need some help. I went to bed last night with a very sore, stiff neck. Like a muscle knot back down, behind my ear.. Sleep was horrible. 4 ibuprofen did nothing for it. I'm out of town, so out of network for health insurance reasons.
What would ya'll do? Deep tissue massage? Acupuncture? Very sore and very desperate.
We're at the beach all week & I can barely move my head..

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you've got a good relationship with your doctor, you may be able to get some sort of muscle relaxer prescribed over the phone and called into a local pharmacy. That shouldn't be considered out of network usually, I don't believe. I've done that in the past. I get this exact same issue at times where I can't turn my neck at all due to knots in my upper back.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good suggestion, but I don't like the way those knock me out.

sloppychauncy

sloppychauncy

Awards
Dude, I’m not trying to scare you or anything but you should go read my post about meningitis. I mean i doubt it’s that but if I would’ve been safer I would be in a hell of a better place right now.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Might be a pain through your vertabrate.. happened to me once doing deadlifts .. and was on a bed for a week .. if that’s the case yes muscle relaxer is the only way to quicken up recovery in 2-3days

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Might be a pain through your vertabrate.. happened to me once doing deadlifts .. and was on a bed for a week .. if that’s the case yes muscle relaxer is the only way to quicken up recovery in 2-3days

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I took 4 ibuprofen yesterday morning and then another 4 around 5 last night. Seems to have helped quite a bit. Still tender, but I can now move my head around.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I took 4 ibuprofen yesterday morning and then another 4 around 5 last night. Seems to have helped quite a bit. Still tender, but I can now move my head around.
Nice good to hear , keep hydrating as well w/ electorlytes

sloppychauncy

sloppychauncy

Awards
Oh ****, I don’t wanna scare you but if it doesn’t go away in a few days make sure you go get checked out for meningitis because I got meningitis and it literally ruined my life (check out my thread, I’m using Tapatalk and I don’t really know how to post a link to it)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you are able to go to a sports masseuse or someone who specializes in athletes. A lot of them will do cupping and ART. I go to a pt who works out all my issues. Money well spent. That type of neck pain sucks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 15
Supplements 19
Jaynandez Training Forum 3
Anabolics 2
Sanosuke General Chat 15