SNS Recomp20 Review in progress

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS Recomp20 Review in progress - 1 month (1 bottle)

Premise
Added SNS Recomp20 to my lean bulk without changing anything else.
2 caps with my pre-workout meal at 5:15am
2 caps with meal 4 at 4:00pm

Experience
The idea here was to use this first month to see if adding it to a lean bulk in progress would yield any results.
What i noticed almost right away was increased fullness and hardness of the muscles. Which resulted in better pumps in the gym but also that elusive "all day pump" that we all strive for.
First time I really noticed it was during a leg workout. I saw myself in the mirror and ive been lifting for close to 30 years and leg days are always a tshirt or long sleeve kinda day. But I filled out my t-shirt in a way i usually only do on a serious upper body day. Gave me a real ego boost!
Ive not gained any visible fat during this period, so maybe it increases my caloric need a little.

Results
Weight
(Tracked daily on a Fitbit Aria Scale)

Weekly average weight:

Basically no change to my bodyweight here. A slight drop in my weekly average weight but thats about it.
Which is pretty awesome when on a lean bulk.
With 30 years in the gym, building muscle is painfully slow and huge weight increases usually just means that you are putting on fat.

Plan for second month of SNS Recomp20
Now its time to give the body and product some more calories to work with.
Im still lean bulking so this is no liscense to eat. But like everything i do its a structured increase in my food.

My current diet is a carb cycle setup as I love that. I do one low day (recovery day), 4 medium days and 2 high days (leg days). I also allow myself 2 free meals a week if I feel like it. Mostly it's some extra food on the weekend or if my fiance bakes or if we just feel like doing something special.

The last couple of years ive been following The Vertical Diet by Stan Efferding and i've never felt better. The diet revolves around getting enough of all the micronutrients thru a solid food selection and having optimal digestion.

The first month i ate like this:
1 low day at 2800kcal (recovery day)
4 medium day at 3250kcal (regular training days)
2 high days at 3400kcal (leg days)

Second month will be structured like this
1 low day at 3000kcal (recovery day)
6 high days at 3400kcal (training days)

Training will be the same a Arnold/PPL Hybrid:
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Back and Chest
Thursday - Shoulders and Arms
Friday - Legs
Saturday - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
Sunday - Back and Biceps

Cardio
I'm following Stan Efferdings suggestion on doing 2-4 ten minutes walks post meals every day. The reasoning behind these walks are that they will improve insulin sensitivity, decrease gas, improve digestion, decrease DOMS and aid in recovery. I also walk my dogs a couple of times a day. I usually get from 14k to 18k steps each day.

Mobility
I start and finish every workout with mobility drills, stretching and foam rolling.
I usually spend around 30-40 minutes per session at this.

Expectations
I expect to gain some weight this month but hopefully not more than 0,5-1% of my bodyweight.
Will be very interesting to see how lean that weight gain will be and how I will be feeling.​

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS Recomp20 Review in progress - 2 months (2 bottles)

Premise
Month 2 I increased my caloric intake to see how Recomp20 would work on a higher surplus.

Experience
This month I wanted to see if more calories would make any difference to the results. We could see that last month my calories was just barely over my maintenance. So my weight gain was basically non existent.
The month started off good but then i got sick. I had 1 full week out of the gym and the 2 weeks after my gym performance was severy hampered. Its only now that im starting to feel like my regular self again.
Because of this Ive had a hard time feeling that any of my training has done anything and that also comes to the supplements ive used.

Results
Weight
(Tracked daily on a Fitbit Aria Scale)

Weekly average weight:

So while being sick I actually gained weight, which most other people dont.
I guess its because even though i had no apetite and everything tasted off, i ate every meal as planned. I have this theory that for me to get better when sick, I have to eat. So I did that. So you can see a spike in my weight around the 12th of September.
Whats really interesting is that my measured bodyfat hasnt gone up that much. So lets hope its a good reading and not just the scale being kind.

Plan for third month of SNS Recomp20
The plan was to do a mini-cut in October, but ive decided to change that.
Because I was sick and it just now feels like im getting back into the groove, ive decided to continue my lean bulk.
I feel that i put on too much weight too fast last month. So there will not be any caloric increase in october.
BUT I will be adding CEL Ecdy-Plex to the mix!

For the first month I will be dosing them together with my Recomp20, so:

Diet will stay the same:
1 low day at 3000kcal (recovery day)
6 high days at 3400kcal (training days)

Training will be the same a Arnold/PPL Hybrid:
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Back and Chest
Thursday - Shoulders and Arms
Friday - Legs
Saturday - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
Sunday - Back and Biceps

Cardio
I'm following Stan Efferdings suggestion on doing 2-4 ten minutes walks post meals every day. The reasoning behind these walks are that they will improve insulin sensitivity, decrease gas, improve digestion, decrease DOMS and aid in recovery. I also walk my dogs a couple of times a day. I usually get from 14k to 18k steps each day.

Mobility
I start and finish every workout with mobility drills, stretching and foam rolling.
I usually spend around 30-40 minutes per session at this.

Expectations
Im hoping that my weight will settle a little lower than it is now as hopefully my body is fully revovered.
VERY excited to see what Ecdy-Plex will add to the table!​

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for posting and I'm sorry that I missed this.

How did you wind up liking Recomp20?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
your logs and reviews are very detailed and always helpful!! Will be interesting to see how the ecdy Plex goes.
I’ll be running recomp 20 soon, also have lean edge I’m going to run unsure if I’m going to stack or run them separately yet. Reason is I have some other goods I picked up on Steve’s Easter sale.